9 replies to this topic

#1 Mikey

Mikey

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

On behalf of the Hiram High Band of Gold, thanks to all the students for their hard work and great performances at tonight's county-wide band exhibition We really enjoyed the evening. Thanks also to the many parents and friends who came out this evening to watch the bands perform. Paulding county should be extremely proud of its band programs!

The Hiram Band of Gold Boosters appreciate the opportunity to have served you this evening. See you all next year! Whose turn now to host? laugh.gif

The Hiram High Band of Gold

The Band of Hiram, Georgia!
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -- Jack Kerouac

If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then to me. MacBeth, I:3

#2 kelleyofhiram

kelleyofhiram

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Wonderful Evening! All of the kids did great! clapping.gif

Way to go EPHS Raider Brigade! You represent our school well!

Thank you Hiram for being such a good host! good.gif

#3 Paulap

Paulap

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

Great Job to all !!! My son and I enjoyed every moment. clapping.gif clapping.gif
[

#4 mermaidmom

mermaidmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

It was an awesome evening!!! All students of all five county bands should hold their heads up high and proud as you ROCKED!!!!!!
wub.gif wub.gif
While focused on life's destination....enjoy the journey!!!

#5 ProudMama

ProudMama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

What a turn out. It was awesome to see so many people gathered together to watch these kids.

The national anthem gave me chills with so many playing. It was beautiful.

Did anybody else think "County Wide Marching Band"? How awesome would that be?

Our kids are talented. Great job. Good luck to all, I think they all are GRAND CHAMPIONS!

#6 momnteacher

momnteacher

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (ProudMama @ Sep 24 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a turn out. It was awesome to see so many people gathered together to watch these kids.

The national anthem gave me chills with so many playing. It was beautiful.

Did anybody else think "County Wide Marching Band"? How awesome would that be?

Our kids are talented. Great job. Good luck to all, I think they all are GRAND CHAMPIONS!

I could not agree more.

All 5 bands were Terriffficc!!!!!!!

Remembering my mom

2/2/47-9/27/08

I'm a Very Proud Navy Mom

#7 spaz

spaz

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:15 PM

The National Anthem was Awesome! and it gave me chills also,and if it didn't well you just aren't American.The whole evening was great.

#8 laughin out loud

laughin out loud

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

It was nice to see Mr. Freeman, the principal of Hiram High School, at the exhibition. I didn't see any others. Was your school's principal there? If it had been a football game, every administrator would have been required to be there. With over 400 students on the field and the stadium full of parents, this would have been a great time to support the school's finest students. It means a lot to the students to see administrators at their events and makes them know that the activity is important when they are there.

Maybe if they knew they would be introduced before their school's performance, it would make a difference in administrator attendance.

#9 edu

edu

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

I heard a little about it. Someone told me they saw the former Hiram principal who works at the BOE. I think his name is Finster.
Its a shame that all the major activities in the school system do not get the support from the school officials. These are some of the best students, I'm sure, but do not get much credit for what they do.

#10 laughin out loud

laughin out loud

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (edu @ Sep 26 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard a little about it. Someone told me they saw the former Hiram principal who works at the BOE. I think his name is Finster.
Its a shame that all the major activities in the school system do not get the support from the school officials. These are some of the best students, I'm sure, but do not get much credit for what they do.

Way to go HHS! The present and former principal both present. (But I believe it is Fincher, though.) Maybe that is why the band is thought of so highly at HHS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics