Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

My deep thoughts on MY commerce membership!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#41 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 17,002 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Sep 15 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why do poeple do that crap? I think that is so childess, there is plenty of bussiness to go around for everyone.....

I AGREE!!!!
I've never understood why people get so much enjoyment by causing pain and problems for other people!!

BTW, Sage, I want a couple of the pumpkin buttons! So Cute.

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#42 SteveH

SteveH

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

I haven't been on pcom much in the past week, only b/c I have been so busy with my own craft items, and shows, so I have NO idea what is going on, who is calling or emailing who, who is reporting who, and frankly I don't want to know.

Many of us on pcom who are commerce members are crafters and small businesses who make items and sell them. We enjoy the things we make, as I am positive all the other crafters feel the same. It is lovely to see so many talented people, and it is definitely wonderful to share ideas, comments, and information regarding craft making of any kind, which we have done with others.

Simply put, I am glad I am out of the loop on some things that go on, I like it that way. I haven't been posting only b/c I/we have been so busy doing/making things.

SAGE, best of luck with your crafts, as I would say to others on here also. Just enjoy what you do and enjoy pcom and its good people, as there are many indeed here (as you already know)

Nemie

#43 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,260 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

When you find out who the jacka$$ is doing the reporting.......

please give her/him one of these.

Really.

sleep.gif

#44 Just Denise

Just Denise

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

Commerce members or not... I have been here since May of 2004 and I'll stand by my signature. (Yes, I started here under a different screen name.)

It is a horrible feeling to come here and see how things have changed. I remember a softer more gentle and informative Paulding.com and I miss that. We could disagree and not do so with fear.

Sage, you and your mother hold a special place in my heart and I hope one day soon to visit the studio for more ink.

For me, I'll crawl back under my rock and watch because participating here is just not fun anymore.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

~Albert Einstein Posted Image

I'm fat... apparently, that means I am lazy, indignant and unattractive!

#45 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (SCARLET INDULGENCE SKINCARE PLUS @ Sep 15 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sincerely hope no one is up to that again. Having been on the receiving end of that (and still working to fix it), I can assure you, it is not a fun thing to go through. I certainly would not wish it on anyone.

I'm sorry Sage that you had to pull your website, but I know you will continue to have much success here on p.com and etsy.
Best wishes.

Scarlet

Ditto that! There has been all too much drama on here and its really taking away from the fun. I've always said we're all better working together than to out do each other. happy.gif

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#46 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 17,002 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Momstradamus @ Sep 15 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Commerce members or not... I have been here since May of 2004 and I'll stand by my signature. (Yes, I started here under a different screen name.)

It is a horrible feeling to come here and see how things have changed. I remember a softer more gentle and informative Paulding.com and I miss that. We could disagree and not do so with fear.

Sage, you and your mother hold a special place in my heart and I hope one day soon to visit the studio for more ink.

For me, I'll crawl back under my rock and watch because participating here is just not fun anymore.

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ Sep 15 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ditto that! There has been all too much drama on here and its really taking away from the fun. I've always said we're all better working together than to out do each other. happy.gif

DITTO x 2.

The drama and back stabbing is why people leave........me included. I left for a long time because of all the negativity and drama. I was HOPING things had improved. Guess not?

Although, I do feel I am sorta outta the loop on some things......Thank Goodness.

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#47 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (deewee @ Sep 15 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got word that we were reported as well. Just waiting to see what comes of it. Wisely enough, we are prepared and ready to show our records when/if it happens.

I honestly think jealousy comes into play here. Someone doesn't like to see anyone else doing well, so they decide to create drama for them.

I am amazed this is still going on. I really think someone is just trying to scare people here. I really do.
Believe me, if you have been reported, you would know it! We knew exactly when the GA Dept of Revenue hit our website and it was 3 weeks later I had the knock on my front door. We didn't hear anything about being reported prior to them coming to see me...it was kept very quiet so that is why I don't think anyone is being reported at all. They wouldn't say anything if they were doing it, trust me. wink.gif The only reason I knew we had been reported was because the Agent told me they had received an 'anonymous tip", which completely took me by surprise. I was just shocked.

So I would encourage everyone to not buy into this as it is just a rumor and clearly someone wants to scare everyone on here with it and start drama where it need not be. That is just my 2 cents worth, and speaking from my own experience.

Scarlet

#48 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (3nascar8 @ Sep 15 2008, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!

DITTO x 2.

The drama and back stabbing is why people leave........me included. I left for a long time because of all the negativity and drama. I was HOPING things had improved. Guess not?

Although, I do feel I am sorta outta the loop on some things......Thank Goodness.

laugh.gif

To be honest I think a lot of the backstabbing is caused by the people who "play both sides" and then take something twist it and run back to someone else with it. Its insane! I can't believe the amount of adults who act like jeaous self centered brats.

I agree with Scarlet, someone is starting some nasty rumors all for the sake of entertainment. I'd love to find out who and have a talk with em laugh.gif

I think this just needs to die down and be done with. Its a shame Pubby doesn't do anything to kill off the rumors but then again what really can he do?

And no, nothing has improved.
Be glad you are out of the loop! laugh.gif

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#49 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

As someone on here who doesn't have a commerce membership, I've managed to learn a lot about who to do business with and who to avoid on this site. I refuse to do business with anyone who doesn't treat others respectfully. It's absolutely insane to think that anyone on this site would be allowed to continue to post if they spent their time reporting competing crafters (especially out of petty jealousy). But, on the same token, any time I find out that a person or business is doing this nonsense, I will not buy anything from them. We have a lot of hardworking people on this site who make amazing things -- things I don't have the talent or desire to do. Fortunately, I am in a position to purchase those things here and as a consumer, I refuse to do business with disreputable people.
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#50 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (LisaC @ Sep 15 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As someone on here who doesn't have a commerce membership, I've managed to learn a lot about who to do business with and who to avoid on this site. I refuse to do business with anyone who doesn't treat others respectfully. It's absolutely insane to think that anyone on this site would be allowed to continue to post if they spent their time reporting competing crafters (especially out of petty jealousy). But, on the same token, any time I find out that a person or business is doing this nonsense, I will not buy anything from them. We have a lot of hardworking people on this site who make amazing things -- things I don't have the talent or desire to do. Fortunately, I am in a position to purchase those things here and as a consumer, I refuse to do business with disreputable people.

We hear from folks at shows and that come by the studio the same line often. "I read but don't post" and or " I am buying from you because the way you guys handle things on pcom and get involved with community needs"

So many feel just like you.

Bruce

#51 Cheffy

Cheffy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

Well guys...your very own Cheffy got a "mysterious" phone call last week telling me to watch out! They would not reveal their name, but told me tomake sure all my "documents" are in order! This is really crazy! You ALL know how I treasure my passion for cooking! Luckily, I do have a business license, insurance and a commercial kitchen to use! After that call, I was thinking about just taking my menus down and not offering anything at all.... really unfortunate!
Chef Tracy

#52 GeorgiaTornado

GeorgiaTornado

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

I'm still amazed...... Who's next..........all of the folks who set up at the craft shows?

#53 Just Denise

Just Denise

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Lisa,

Nice point. However, if you don't keep up with all of the negative posts then it is impossible to figure out who the negative individuals are.

I can honestly say that on several occasions I have wanted to purchase things from member here but flat out refuse because I cannot tell who is treating whom badly. There are people here that could get my business but because I have no idea who is causing trouble, no one gets it. And that my friends is SAD. It is also what this place is coming to.

And LR said it best....if it keeps up, members on here will not pay to be a commerce member and LPPT will have a tough job selling this site!!

Lady Raider Today, 01:26 PM you know if this keeps up, members on here will not pay to be a commernce member, and I really do not blame them..

why pay that extra money to have your bussiness ripped apart by other members that think they own the market on things..

what would this world be if we only had one gas station... one grocey store, one place to eat at... etc...

pcom is big enough for all bussiness members..

Sage I have no idea what has gone on with you or other bussiness members on here as far as being reported and back stabbed...

I think it is childess, and I think you have handled this very well..

for all of you other members on here that have had this happen to you.. I hope your bussiness has not suffered for it....

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

~Albert Einstein Posted Image

I'm fat... apparently, that means I am lazy, indignant and unattractive!

#54 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Sep 15 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who is doing all of this?

and why?

jealousy? because they are mean in general? trying to eliminate competition b/c their product is inferior?
www.protectpaulding.com

#55 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Sep 15 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know if this keeps up, members on here will not pay to be a commernce member, and I really do not blame them..

why pay that extra money to have your bussiness ripped apart by other members that think they own the market on things..

what would this world be if we only had one gas station... one grocey store, one place to eat at... etc...

pcom is big enough for all bussiness members..

Sage I have no idea what has gone on with you or other bussiness members on here as far as being reported and back stabbed...

I think it is childess, and I think you have handled this very well..

for all of you other members on here that have had this happen to you.. I hope your bussiness has not suffered for it....

clapping.gif Although I have all my business in order as far as licensing and taxes, I was also recently victimized by unethical and unprofessional tactics. The Commerce Membership that I purchased on Pcom has almost tripled my business and has proven to be the most cost effective form of advertisement that I have ever used other than word of mouth. That said, my professionalism and the way I represent my business is most important. I refuse to get sucked into other peoples drama and I like being able to lay my head on my pillow at night with a clear conscience.

#56 lumak

lumak

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Hairazor @ Sep 15 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
clapping.gif Although I have all my business in order as far as licensing and taxes, I was also recently victimized by unethical and unprofessional tactics. The Commerce Membership that I purchased on Pcom has almost tripled my business and has proven to be the most cost effective form of advertisement that I have ever used other than word of mouth. That said, my professionalism and the way I represent my business is most important. I refuse to get sucked into other peoples drama and I like being able to lay my head on my pillow at night with a clear conscience.

yahoo.gif clapping.gif wub.gif wub.gif clapping.gif yahoo.gif

#57 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Cheffy @ Sep 15 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well guys...your very own Cheffy got a "mysterious" phone call last week telling me to watch out! They would not reveal their name, but told me tomake sure all my "documents" are in order! This is really crazy! You ALL know how I treasure my passion for cooking! Luckily, I do have a business license, insurance and a commercial kitchen to use! After that call, I was thinking about just taking my menus down and not offering anything at all.... really unfortunate!

That is crazy!!!! I'd pay money to find out who is behind all this crap dry.gif

#58 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Momstradamus @ Sep 15 2008, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lisa,

Nice point. However, if you don't keep up with all of the negative posts then it is impossible to figure out who the negative individuals are.

I can honestly say that on several occasions I have wanted to purchase things from member here but flat out refuse because I cannot tell who is treating whom badly. There are people here that could get my business but because I have no idea who is causing trouble, no one gets it. And that my friends is SAD. It is also what this place is coming to.

And LR said it best....if it keeps up, members on here will not pay to be a commerce member and LPPT will have a tough job selling this site!!

Actually, it's been pretty easy (and sometimes downright obvious) to see who is posting the negative information, which is why I refuse to purchase from them. And, the more unfortunate thing is that it's putting reputable people like Sage (and many others) in a very sticky situation - they are selling these things because they enjoy making them and it's a way to earn a little extra money.

What strikes me as odd is that if the same people that have been doing these things on pcom, tried it on vendors at Paulding Meadows, the organizers of Paulding Meadows would probably ban them from future events. Maybe if Pubby did that (or at least threatened them) to the people that start stuff like this on this board, it would send a clear message that this type of negative behavior would not be tolerated.
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#59 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Cheffy @ Sep 15 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wondered if that is why you made your post about disappearing for a bit...Why would someone call and not tell you who they were if they had information like that? It makes no sense. I'm glad you didn't take everything down and went on about your "business as usual", because it would have been a shame for you to stop making your wonderful menues for all of us! smile.gif And in your business Cheffy, you have everything in order, so there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to look at your business! angry.gif

This is really sad. Whomever is starting all of these rumors and phone calls...I ask you to PLEASE STOP!!! You have no idea how much anxiety it causes people who are trying to run businesses and for crafters who don't need all the worries of this and can sell their items without being subjected to it all. I lost 10 lbs in 1 week from stress over this crap in August. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep from worry. Our vacation to Tybee was overshadowed by the stress of it all and we spent most of our time just resting in the beautiful bed and breakfast we stayed at. Bruce and I always enjoy each other's company and always need down time, but it was a very quiet birthday for both of us.

No one should have to go through the worry of anything like this and it is a shame people continue to keep this going and implicate others who have nothing to do with it and make "anonymous phonecalls" to scare people. I am once again shocked that this is happening. I'm sorry anyone has to go through that and I would personally let it go as rumor and go on about my business. It really ruins it for a lot of people as now they are afraid to even have a commerce membership at all on here or have a website or sell at craft shows. sad.gif

Please, whomever is causing this worry, I really do hope that it will stop. I truly do because it just isn't right. nea.gif

Scarlet

#60 Butterfly Nanny

Butterfly Nanny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Hairazor @ Sep 15 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Said

http://www.allonsalon.net/allonsalonsignature.swf

www.AllonSalon.net

#61 redsmom

redsmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

A word that keeps being used here is BUSINESS.... IF you have a craft BUSINESS, work hard to promote your products and have a web site and sell at shows, then yep, by George, you are a BUSINESS and need to follow the rules! IF, you make and sell things just for fun and maybe every once in a while do a craft show, or make things for church sales or what ever, ya'll know what I mean, then you are a crafty person just having fun. No, I am not the one that reported anyone for anything, I'm just saying, you advertise yourself as a business, then you need to have your chit straight
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder
and Your hand over my mouth.

#62 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

I would like to add that the nerve of some people who posted in this thread is overwhelming .. talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

dry.gif

#63 DreamGirl

DreamGirl

Live. Hope. Dream.

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

I don't know about this specific item.....

IF, as a business, YOU are doing everything correctly (getting license if needed, reporting income, etc) YOU have nothing to worry about.
I agree --people need to mind their own business---but if YOU are doing everything YOU are required to do--NOTHING would come out of being reported

It's making me think twice about getting a Commerce membership.

#64 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,148 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

The problem with restricting the rights of one or another for this is that the only folks who REALLY KNOW who did this is the person who did it and the person at the state who took the report and acted upon it. While I won't give a high five to the whistleblower, I don't know that it is my place to punish them either.

My stand is that folks are responsible for having their ducks in a row.

My only responsibility is to make sure that those who post advertising on here are commerce members.

If someone is vulnerable to that kind of attack, I encourage them to 'get right with Sonny' ... but beyond that, it would be like me canceling a cop's membership on here because they stopped another member and gave them a speeding ticket.

Some businesses are by definition more vulnerable than others and in some instances, a business may need a commerce membership here but, because they are in the research stage of their business effort, not require the first official bit of official paper.

Businesses that are the most vulnerable are those that buy and/or manufacture products for sale as the state expects to earn sales tax on each retail sale of such product. This would include the food service business which sells meals, desserts, etc. and probably crafters.

More general service businesses that don't have an inventory of products for sale typically are not viewed with the same scrutiny by the state sales tax folks (revenue dept.) as they are exempt from sales taxes. If they're really successful, however, the IRS might start looking at them.

Those who are searching for a business and set up polls on pcom to ask interest in specific types of goods or services are required to have a commerce membership as well but, because they aren't selling any service or product at that time, are totally exempt from state activities.

Our sales efforts are aimed at established businesses often located in retail shopping centers. We also have a following in the home-based business sector largely because our cost-effective advertising is valuable and our online-interactive forums actually make pcom a marketplace where people can buy, sell and trade from the comfort of their homes.

From my perspective, though, the idea that we should play favorites - any restrictions we might enact against one or another group or clique - would probably force us to eliminate all home-based businesses, which - particularly in these economic times - would hurt a lot of people ...

However, if we find the board being placed in constant turmoil over pettiness and the like, and with the knowledge that such public bickering hurts us in our sales to established brick and mortal businesses, we may be forced to establish hard rules that would make it difficult for us to offer advertising to home based businesses.

Folks, we really don't want to do that but the idea that any of us in any way benefit from the strained feelings and inane drama caused by 'anonymous' calls and the like is silly.

Let's drop this and go forward knowing that the path of whistleblowing and drama will end up hurting all concerned ...

pubby

PS: Topic closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics