Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

My deep thoughts on MY commerce membership!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

Hello my fellow pcommers ...

I want to address a question that I have been getting asked a lot lately (which makes me happy because that means people have been enjoying the crafty items I have been making) so here goes:

Question: Sage, where is the link to your web site?

Answer: Well as of now it has been taken down and being placed on hiatus ...

This is how I feel and I would like to share my thoughts with you because it deals with my commerce membership. I absolutely love being a part of pcom. I have met some of the most wonderful & inspiring people on here but when all h*ll broke loose awhile back regarding the IRS ... things began to sour and it got ugly for some people.

I am not a business nor do I plan on being a business. My items that I have to offer you and that I often share with you are made by my hands and from my heart. I am not here to offer you something from a catalog or that is factory made ... not saying anything negative about those products; I am just here to address MY intentions. I am an independent artist and crafty mama. My web site is considered an online business which is not my intentions, that is why it went away. I am a crafter.

I am a tattoo artist by trade and making "things" has been something I have done long before my pcom days. I now have a link to my Etsy shop available which will remain stocked with items that I will have availabe on a regular basis. Other one of a kind of limited made items will be available solely through this forum for my pcom peeps. If you'd like to place an order of an Etsy item I have but would rather not going through Etsy then all you have to do is send over a PM

I have called the appropriate people in the state of Georgia to see what lines I fall under to make sure I am following the proper laws regarding selling things. I do not need a business license nor do I plan on getting one. I plan on continuing to be my creative self offering fun items and posting my goods on the Business News thread. There are some of you who haven't posted lately in the Business News section and I hope you will soon. It is a forum for all of us commerce members to share together.

So yes, the web site is gone but I am right here. I will be making hair clippies, bow & clippie holders, ribbon belts, aprons, one inch buttons, and tote bags all year round. And in between I will surprise you with some items here and there. I willl always embrace your custom orders too!

Take care everyone. I am really grateful to be a part of this community but I just refuse to play into the hype of fear that is sometimes evident .... Let's play nice .. I mean seriously, there IS life after the internet laugh.gif

Love always,
Sage

#2 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

ok...
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#3 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Sep 15 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok...

.. the people asked so I answered good.gif

#4 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (the real sage @ Sep 15 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you said it and I'm REALLY glad you're still doing what you love. BTW, I'm gonna need a few aprons for Christmas gifts biggrin.gif . I love 'em!

"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#5 TwoKidCircus

TwoKidCircus

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Wait, someone here reported you? If so, I would like to know so I will never purchase items from such.

#6 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (AGG @ Sep 15 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you said it and I'm REALLY glad you're still doing what you love. BTW, I'm gonna need a few aprons for Christmas gifts biggrin.gif . I love 'em!

Thank you, that means a lot! When you get ready to place an order, let me know, we'll swap some material ideas biggrin.gif

#7 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (TwoKidCircus @ Sep 15 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, someone here reported you? If so, I would like to know so I will never purchase items from such.

I sincerely hope no one is up to that again. Having been on the receiving end of that (and still working to fix it), I can assure you, it is not a fun thing to go through. I certainly would not wish it on anyone.

I'm sorry Sage that you had to pull your website, but I know you will continue to have much success here on p.com and etsy.
Best wishes.

Scarlet

#8 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

No one reported me but enough has happened up to this point that I wanted to make sure that I spoke to someone myself and not just take what people had to say online regarding who needs to get a business license and who doesn't ...

Now I know which category my crafty items fall into so I can keep on truckin' along without any worries of being turned in by anyone for whatever bizarre reason they may have wink.gif

#9 TwoKidCircus

TwoKidCircus

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (SCARLET INDULGENCE SKINCARE PLUS @ Sep 15 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sincerely hope no one is up to that again. Having been on the receiving end of that (and still working to fix it), I can assure you, it is not a fun thing to go through. I certainly would not wish it on anyone.

I'm sorry Sage that you had to pull your website, but I know you will continue to have much success here on p.com and etsy.
Best wishes.

Scarlet

Wow, I had no idea. That is just awful, just awful.

#10 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

QUOTE (SCARLET INDULGENCE SKINCARE PLUS @ Sep 15 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Best wishes.

Scarlet

As far as I know, no one has reported me but I do have a copy of a nasty message regarding a few local crafters and my name was on it. I have too many good things happening right now to let a "bad apple" rain on me ...

Pulling the web site is almost a blessing in disguise .. I am more productive and drama free than ever!

Thanks for your good thoughts.

#11 Munky

Munky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

oh my goodness I just looked at your Etsy page, and those aprons are awesome!
And thanks for keeping us all updated on where we can find your crafts biggrin.gif
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#12 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (the real sage @ Sep 15 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOl I meant ok... because I was wondering to LOl

I just did not feel it was my place to ask you questions on it LOL

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#13 HiramGirl

HiramGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

Well, I bad mouthed another crafter on here and it comes to find out that she had been reported by the same jackass. I felt like an idiot. But, glad I know now so I will not give those people my money.

Sage, I think you are talented and I would hate to see you stop your crafts by a family of bad apples.

#14 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

Sage,

I am so sorry this is happening to you! I will be interested in hand made products for Christmas and will try to find you to buy them. If you want you can PM me and let me know where I can go to see them.

I wish you the best.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#15 Goodbye

Goodbye

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

I did notice your signature had changed but really didn't think much about it, as I have you linked as one of my favs on Etsy.

I'm glad you are gonna keep on expressing yourself with your arts & crafts...the world is a nicer place with you and your creativity in it! wub.gif

-Lisa

#16 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Munky @ Sep 15 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh my goodness I just looked at your Etsy page, and those aprons are awesome!
And thanks for keeping us all updated on where we can find your crafts biggrin.gif

Aw, thank you! I have a few vintage half Aprons to upload this week!

Well thank you for your kind words of encouragement biggrin.gif

#17 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (the real sage @ Sep 15 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I know, no one has reported me but I do have a copy of a nasty message regarding a few local crafters and my name was on it. I have too many good things happening right now to let a "bad apple" rain on me ...

Pulling the web site is almost a blessing in disguise .. I am more productive and drama free than ever!

why do poeple do that crap? I think that is so childess, there is plenty of bussiness to go around for everyone.....

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#18 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Sep 15 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOl I meant ok... because I was wondering to LOl

I just did not feel it was my place to ask you questions on it LOL

No, your comment was fine! I didn't take it weird. I just figured it was easier to post this big ole' message laugh.gif

#19 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

happy.gif wub.gif

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#20 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (the real sage @ Sep 15 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you kidding me? People just need to stop all this nonsense!!!

People need to mind their own business and stop worrying so much about every one else's.
This really just all needs to stop. Sending emails like that only makes people scared and rightfully so.
I for one wish it would all go away and everyone can get back to doing what they do best, which is being creative and selling their items here on p.com!!!

You are right, drama is not good for anyone and like you, I refuse to be a part of it. Good for you Sage! I sincerely mean that. wub.gif

Scarlet

#21 redsmom

redsmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

Way to go girl! Glad to hear you got things figured out. I confuse people too because of my crafting and my other sewing, I do contract sewing for companies, I do not need a business license either. I do have a state id number to be able to buy whol., but the companies pay me back for what ever fabrics ect. that I use for them, I don't make money off the fabrics. Anyone who does sewing for me is a sub contractor, they do not work for me..... I don't usually advertise ANYTHING that I make and sell, it just seems to cause trouble.... you know, there are only so many "crafty" type things a person can make, and when 1 thing is selling then, everyone wants to make it, that's why craft shows have started having a limit on how many of what they will have. I don't know exactly what's going on either, but, I think all of the crafter's that post their stuff on here are really good and I enjoy seeing what EVERYONE makes......
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder
and Your hand over my mouth.

#22 blessedwithboys

blessedwithboys

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

Some people just need something constructive to do w/ themselves!!!! and keep their noese out of where it doesn't belong.

Sorry you've been in all this drama Sage.
Delight thyself also in the Lord; And he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. - Psalms 37:4 KJV ><((((>

#23 dumbestgirlintheworld

dumbestgirlintheworld

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (the real sage @ Sep 15 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello my fellow pcommers ...

I want to address a question that I have been getting asked a lot lately (which makes me happy because that means people have been enjoying the crafty items I have been making) so here goes:

Question: Sage, where is the link to your web site?

Answer: Well as of now it has been taken down and being placed on hiatus ...

This is how I feel and I would like to share my thoughts with you because it deals with my commerce membership. I absolutely love being a part of pcom. I have met some of the most wonderful & inspiring people on here but when all h*ll broke loose awhile back regarding the IRS ... things began to sour and it got ugly for some people.

I am not a business nor do I plan on being a business. My items that I have to offer you and that I often share with you are made by my hands and from my heart. I am not here to offer you something from a catalog or that is factory made ... not saying anything negative about those products; I am just here to address MY intentions. I am an independent artist and crafty mama. My web site is considered an online business which is not my intentions, that is why it went away. I am a crafter.

I am a tattoo artist by trade and making "things" has been something I have done long before my pcom days. I now have a link to my Etsy shop available which will remain stocked with items that I will have availabe on a regular basis. Other one of a kind of limited made items will be available solely through this forum for my pcom peeps. If you'd like to place an order of an Etsy item I have but would rather not going through Etsy then all you have to do is send over a PM

I have called the appropriate people in the state of Georgia to see what lines I fall under to make sure I am following the proper laws regarding selling things. I do not need a business license nor do I plan on getting one. I plan on continuing to be my creative self offering fun items and posting my goods on the Business News thread. There are some of you who haven't posted lately in the Business News section and I hope you will soon. It is a forum for all of us commerce members to share together.

So yes, the web site is gone but I am right here. I will be making hair clippies, bow & clippie holders, ribbon belts, aprons, one inch buttons, and tote bags all year round. And in between I will surprise you with some items here and there. I willl always embrace your custom orders too!

Take care everyone. I am really grateful to be a part of this community but I just refuse to play into the hype of fear that is sometimes evident .... Let's play nice .. I mean seriously, there IS life after the internet laugh.gif

Love always,
Sage

I'm certain the miniscule amount of taxes you would pay from your crafting income would fix all of our government problems. rolleyes.gif

People are so damn wound up.

#24 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Sep 15 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I bad mouthed another crafter on here and it comes to find out that she had been reported by the same jackass. I felt like an idiot. But, glad I know now so I will not give those people my money.

Sage, I think you are talented and I would hate to see you stop your crafts by a family of bad apples.

I am really grateful for people like you! and I am a tough egg to crack. I make sure I know what rules need to be followed and I follow them so nothing comes back to bite me in my rump laugh.gif

#25 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (NewsJunky @ Sep 15 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sage,

I am so sorry this is happening to you! I will be interested in hand made products for Christmas and will try to find you to buy them. If you want you can PM me and let me know where I can go to see them.

I wish you the best.

Wonderful! The banner in my signature has a link to my Etsy shop but I will send over my contact info so you'll have it when you are ready to place an order for the holidays biggrin.gif

Thank you!!

#26 SoapMom

SoapMom

Changing the world, one soap bar at a time!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

Keep on keeping on Sage. smile.gif
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#27 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (LGM @ Sep 15 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happy.gif wub.gif

Word. biggrin.gif wub.gif

#28 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

You might be amazed at who would do that rolleyes.gif . I'm just sayin'........
www.protectpaulding.com

#29 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (redsmom @ Sep 15 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way to go girl! Glad to hear you got things figured out. I confuse people too because of my crafting and my other sewing, I do contract sewing for companies, I do not need a business license either. I do have a state id number to be able to buy whol., but the companies pay me back for what ever fabrics ect. that I use for them, I don't make money off the fabrics. Anyone who does sewing for me is a sub contractor, they do not work for me..... I don't usually advertise ANYTHING that I make and sell, it just seems to cause trouble.... you know, there are only so many "crafty" type things a person can make, and when 1 thing is selling then, everyone wants to make it, that's why craft shows have started having a limit on how many of what they will have. I don't know exactly what's going on either, but, I think all of the crafter's that post their stuff on here are really good and I enjoy seeing what EVERYONE makes......

Thanks! Yeah, I am just getting everything figured out so I can keep on, keepin' on biggrin.gif

QUOTE (jessesgirl @ Sep 15 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm certain the miniscule amount of taxes you would pay from your crafting income would fix all of our government problems. rolleyes.gif

People are so damn wound up.

I concur. I am all about doing whatever needs to be done good.gif

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Sep 15 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep on keeping on Sage. smile.gif

Thank you sweet lady wub.gif

#30 overit

overit

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (LibertyLady @ Sep 15 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might be amazed at who would do that rolleyes.gif . I'm just sayin'........

I wouldn't! This is just an internet site, when people start calling workplaces, hurting people for no reason, and etc.....all I can say is "You suck"!

#31 Goodbye

Goodbye

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

We got word that we were reported as well. Just waiting to see what comes of it. Wisely enough, we are prepared and ready to show our records when/if it happens.

I honestly think jealousy comes into play here. Someone doesn't like to see anyone else doing well, so they decide to create drama for them.

#32 ByeY'all

ByeY'all

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (deewee @ Sep 15 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We got word that we were reported as well. Just waiting to see what comes of it. Wisely enough, we are prepared and ready to show our records when/if it happens.

I honestly think jealousy comes into play here. Someone doesn't like to see anyone else doing well, so they decide to create drama for them.

HOLY CRAP!

Whatever ... these people amaze me. In my world, you can only abuse & try to hurt people for so long before it all comes back around...

Jealousy does come into play but I have a firm belief in community and if the good apples stick together then the rotten ones will eventually disappear.

Lots of love to you guys wub.gif

#33 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (overit @ Sep 15 2008, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't! This is just an internet site, when people start calling workplaces, hurting people for no reason, and etc.....all I can say is "You suck"!

I learned to be aware of who I would support on here for sure- sleep.gif
www.protectpaulding.com

#34 LGM

LGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

happy.gif
Same here.

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

#35 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

you know if this keeps up, members on here will not pay to be a commernce member, and I really do not blame them..

why pay that extra money to have your bussiness ripped apart by other members that think they own the market on things..

what would this world be if we only had one gas station... one grocey store, one place to eat at... etc...

pcom is big enough for all bussiness members..

Sage I have no idea what has gone on with you or other bussiness members on here as far as being reported and back stabbed...

I think it is childess, and I think you have handled this very well..

for all of you other members on here that have had this happen to you.. I hope your bussiness has not suffered for it....

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#36 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

**Unbelievable***

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#37 Goodbye

Goodbye

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

This is also the reason why I haven't bothered purchasing my own commerce membership. I'll be selling my handmade greeting cards and other crafts on Etsy (as soon as I finish getting my little Etsy shop set up).

#38 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (LGM @ Sep 15 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happy.gif
Same here.

who is doing all of this?

and why?

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#39 LGM

LGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (deewee @ Sep 15 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is also the reason why I haven't bothered purchasing my own commerce membership. I'll be selling my handmade greeting cards and other crafts on Etsy (as soon as I finish getting my little Etsy shop set up).

I'm SO excited for you!!! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

(I may have some scrapbooking stuff for you if you could use it)

**end of hi-jack**

#40 DreamGirl

DreamGirl

Live. Hope. Dream.

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

Sage --Glad you got your situation figured out.

However, (and not directed at anyone in particular)
If you have a business:
The FIRST step is: YOU should take care of everything necessary to operate that business LEGALLY

Then, you can not get in trouble for what YOU should have been done in the first place.

Good Luck Sage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics