#41 OMacG

OMacG

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (fanaticraiderfan @ Aug 15 2008, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what message am i sending mine???let's see----1)be on time--if you are 15 minutes early,then you are on time.it is his responsibility to be on time,not mine.if he is late,then he has to suffer the consequences.and the consequences at this age are not as severe as losing a job cause you can't be on time.
2)work hard to achieve the things that you want----it will not be given to you in the real world.
3)learn the things that are most important---that is,take care of your grades 1st.that is most important -- an education!!!!athletics is a bonus,a privilage,not a right.
4)learn to do your job to the best of your ability and take pride in doing it better than anyone else.when you get out into the real world,you will be the one that gets the promotion over someone that just wants a check.i don't care if it's digging ditches(better not be!!!)--do it the best you can and take pride in doing a good job.

i won't continue this list----BUT high school athletics,football in particular,help teach all these things---especially w/ good coaches like we have at east!!!!

I can't type AMEN big enough or bold enough to show how much I agree with your post. Based on posts on PC.com, it looks like more folks share child rearing philosophy with me than I have come to think.

#42 Proud Raiders Mama

Proud Raiders Mama

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (spunky @ Aug 14 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what if your boys don't put up a good fight, play their best, & get blowed away, do you quit supporting them. I shall hope not.

Come on, are you kidding? I think my screen name answers that question!

Wow -- people really do twist words on here, huh? I was simply making a point that the Raiders do know how to lose and that the Raider fans will always support our boys!

I know for a fact that if we get blown out, our boys (and coaches) will be at practice Monday afternoon angry, even more motivated and incredibly HUNGRY to win.

Edited by Proud Raiders Mama, 15 August 2008 - 10:01 AM.

I love my #23 and #24 Raiders!!!

#43 Proud Raiders Mama

Proud Raiders Mama

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (OMacG @ Aug 14 2008, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I totally agree about teenage boys being nervous before the game because of the unknown...but surely you agree that also applies to the Raiders, right? smile.gif

EP will most certainly be okay in the end...the only thing that would surprise me more than the Raiders not earning a playoff slot would be seeing them go undefeated. I'd bet a chunk of change that nobody gets through the region undefeated this season, and the region champ might even have two losses.

The varsity game between us in September is actually at EP, but I'm guessing you may be referencing the JV/freshman games which will be played at Cantrell.

Gonna be fun!!!

Yes, I will totally agree with that!

Yep, I was referring to the Freshman game -- my boys played ball with many kids on that team for years. But you know that by now! :-)

You said in one post that your son played for Powder Springs. Did he play with Bernard's team?

#44 Raider Mom

Raider Mom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Mom2wild @ Aug 13 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone CAN'T BE A WINNER, but these days everyone makes the team, Hey people you have to teach losing as well winning

Most in this county don't remember the years East could not buy a win, but now we have a winning team and you guys cant handle it. Yes we are very proud of our Raiders and yes I think they need respect.

Well said Mom2wild I agree 100%
My 2 favorite people call me Grandma and the other 3 call me Mom.

#45 Mom2wild

Mom2wild

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:08 AM

SO i guess the answer is YES Raider are do their respect !!!!!

I bleed BLACK & SILVER

#46 OMacG

OMacG

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Proud Raiders Mama @ Aug 15 2008, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I will totally agree with that!

Yep, I was referring to the Freshman game -- my boys played ball with many kids on that team for years. But you know that by now! :-)

You said in one post that your son played for Powder Springs. Did he play with Bernard's team?

Sorry, mama- you threw me off by not posting under your spouse's handle...I didn't realize you had your own. smile.gif

Yes, my son played for Bernard.

#47 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,850 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Mom2wild @ Aug 18 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SO i guess the answer is YES Raider are do their respect !!!!!

English please.

#48 Proud Raiders Mama

Proud Raiders Mama

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (OMacG @ Aug 18 2008, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, mama- you threw me off by not posting under your spouse's handle...I didn't realize you had your own. smile.gif

Yes, my son played for Bernard.

No problem!

I was talking to the Smith's this weekend and we were trying to figure out who you were! :-) Since your son played for Bernard -- I'm quite sure you know my boys. As you know -- we have a friendly rival going between those two teams. We even had 1 or 2 of our players leave our team and go to yours. However, I'm sure you remember that! smile.gif

#49 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Ugadawgs98 @ Aug 18 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
English please.

Yall, be careful the english police is lurking around every coner!
Support Paulding Schools

#50 Tina81969

Tina81969

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

They are around every corner as well.

#51 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Tina81969 @ Aug 20 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are around every corner as well.

Yes, them too. laugh.gif

It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#52 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

The players deserve respect for all their hard work, effort, and not giving up.

The fans deserve respect when they show the players it's not all about winning or loosing. You can win AND loose with pride.

#53 Mom2wild

Mom2wild

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:24 AM

How about Now
I bleed BLACK & SILVER

#54 Mom2wild

Mom2wild

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

What about now????????????????????????????????
I bleed BLACK & SILVER

#55 Fastpitchslave

Fastpitchslave

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:41 AM

If they beat Etowah this Friday they will get plenty of respect. Beating below average teams like McEachern and Marietta is what good teams should do. Now we will see if EP can take the next step up. I promise the opposition coaching staffs respect EP who cares what fans of other teams think..,,

#56 AIRBORNE MOM

AIRBORNE MOM

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

I don't think it's a Raider , Patriot, Hornet or, (I can't remember the mascot names for the other two schools in the county... sorry... huh.gif ).

It is about hard work, doing the very best you can, being a gracious winner and a good sport when you lose. Anyone that does those things deserves respect whether their team finishes the season 0-10 or 10-0!

On The 8th Day God Created The Paratrooper And
Hell Cried..... "AIRBORNE!!"

#57 changesintheair

changesintheair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Fastpitchslave @ Sep 28 2008, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they beat Etowah this Friday they will get plenty of respect. Beating below average teams like McEachern and Marietta is what good teams should do. Now we will see if EP can take the next step up. I promise the opposition coaching staffs respect EP who cares what fans of other teams think..,,

This really shows how much you know or should I say DON"T know. McEachern is verymuch an above average team this year If you were at the game against EP you would actually know this to be true.

It is about hard work, doing the very best you can, being a gracious winner and a good sport when you lose. Anyone that does those things deserves respect whether their team finishes the season 0-10 or 10-0!

Sorry Airborne mom but you get respect if you win. Nobody cares how hard you work if you do not produce wins, NOBODY respects you.

#58 Fastpitchslave

Fastpitchslave

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (changesintheair @ Sep 28 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This really shows how much you know or should I say DON"T know. McEachern is verymuch an above average team this year If you were at the game against EP you would actually know this to be true.

I was at the game. I saw a team McEachern, that had no passing attack and a very pourous defense almost upset EP. McEachern is 2-3 with losses to EP, Etowah and Grayson all undefeated but ask any of MC folks they will admit they are in a down year. By the way as a BIG EP fan I can step back and look at the team with no heart involved (no kid on the team). EP is undersized , hopefully they can use their quickness and execution to make up the size difference. We will see as the schedule gets tougher if that will be enough. All those boys have my respect. The thread was started asking for respect from opponet fans and bloggers. That is what I was commenting about. Didn't mean to ruffel any parent feathers. Be proud of your boys and to be honest, there is nothing wrong with flying below the radar for the sneak attack.

Sorry Airborne mom but you get respect if you win. Nobody cares how hard you work if you do not produce wins, NOBODY respects you.

Edited by Fastpitchslave, 28 September 2008 - 08:54 PM.

#59 changesintheair

changesintheair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

The passing game may not have been completely there but with running backs like #7 and #8 you don't need much of an attack. Yes the three teams McEachern has lost to are still undefeated does that make them average? I think not

I honestly think the difference in the game was the coaching. EP's coaches are excellent at preparing the kids and even better at half time adjustments.

#60 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (changesintheair @ Sep 28 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The passing game may not have been completely there but with running backs like #7 and #8 you don't need much of an attack. Yes the three teams McEachern has lost to are still undefeated does that make them average? I think not

I honestly think the difference in the game was the coaching. EP's coaches are excellent at preparing the kids and even better at half time adjustments.

The staff at EP is an excellent coaching staff, there's no doubt. However, I think that our coach kind of took him self out of the game by allowing the curfew mess from the previous Thursday's JV game distract him and to a lesser degree the team. I thought the play calling in the McEachern game was not our best due to that fact. Also #2 was hurt after the first run, and then our other excellent RB #20 didn't play as much as he probably should have. Personel groupings were kind of out of kilter as well. We had a alot of offensive penalties and so forth. Not our best game and we still got away with a win. Looks like the play calling, personel grouping and everything was right back on track against Marietta.

Let's not forget their second TD was set up by a INT on our 5 yard line. Our defesne had just stopped them and then had to come right back on the field due to the INT on the first offensive play. We had called that quick out pass play several times already in the game. They were bound to jump it for the pick sooner or later. Marietta came very close to jumping the same pass play this past Friday.

McEachern is a very good football team. Stout defense and an effective running attack. If they would have had their starter at QB, we might have lost.

We have an excellent coaching staff. We have a great group of young men who play with intensity and heart. We might not win every game this year, but I can promise you one thing, our opponents had better eat their wheaties when their turn to play the Raiders comes around.

I think we have plenty of respect from the teams in our new region. We beat Rome who was ranked #5 in the state at the time. We smoked region opponent South Cobb, beat McEachern even when we were not at our best. This week we just dispatched Marietta, a team loaded with talent with relative ease. I know the others will be tougher, so bring'em on.

Edited by methyl1, 30 September 2008 - 04:27 AM.

George Orwell

#61 AIRBORNE MOM

AIRBORNE MOM

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (changesintheair @ Sep 28 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I guess it would depend on the person. People of character do not disrespect others based on whether they are winners or losers, they look beyond all that.

First of all, everyone and by that I mean, players, parents, students, coaches and administration need to remember that this is HIGH SCHOOL football... this is not college level nor professional level. The world does not turn on it's axis based on how many wins or losses their team tallies up at the end of a season.
On The 8th Day God Created The Paratrooper And
Hell Cried..... "AIRBORNE!!"

#62 Mom2wild

Mom2wild

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

OK how about now people?
I bleed BLACK & SILVER

#63 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

I don't know, those Raiders aren't big enough or fast enough to hang with those all 5A teams, huh.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif ]

Go RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RaidersRock, 05 October 2008 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image

#64 Tropical Breezes

Tropical Breezes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

ETOWAH's run though said it all- Overrated! That says how people in 5 5a view East...My question is what about now??? If not fine by me, it makes Friday better every week. Look I am proud of all of our teams in this county. Some programs are further along than others, and a few need some change at the top. However, the kids at our schools give 110%, and I hope we can get a few into the state play-offs. Way to go North on your first win, and Hiram took a huge step toward play-off contention. Great Job guys!!

#65 Mom2wild

Mom2wild

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

I know now we have to wait for Harrison
I bleed BLACK & SILVER

#66 MommaS

MommaS

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Mom2wild @ Oct 5 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know now we have to wait for Harrison

Hun, don't you realize yet that we are going to have to wait til the whole season to be over for anyone to admit they were wrong about us. But that's ok because our boys are going to show everyone in the end.

#67 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

At home under the dome,Raider Nation. biggrin.gif
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#68 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Paulding Quick Cuisine @ Oct 5 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ETOWAH's run though said it all- Overrated! That says how people in 5 5a view East...My question is what about now??? If not fine by me, it makes Friday better every week. Look I am proud of all of our teams in this county. Some programs are further along than others, and a few need some change at the top. However, the kids at our schools give 110%, and I hope we can get a few into the state play-offs. Way to go North on your first win, and Hiram took a huge step toward play-off contention. Great Job guys!!

Did the run thru banner that Etowah's players ran thru really say over rated?
George Orwell

#69 Tropical Breezes

Tropical Breezes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

YES it did. It was poorly written and I couldnt tell for sure, but I alked to someone over there and thats what it said!

#70 Fastpitchslave

Fastpitchslave

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Oct 6 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did the run thru banner that Etowah's players ran thru really say over rated?

It said OverRAIDed

#71 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Fastpitchslave @ Oct 6 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It said OverRAIDed

rofl.gif rofl.gif
Posted Image

#72 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:06 AM

The Raiders looked great and the fans sounded awesome.

I can't wait to hear Raider Nation under the Dome!

From the recent Freshman/JV games... looks like there are many more winning teams coming up in the future too!

#73 Fastpitchslave

Fastpitchslave

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

[quote name='RaidersRock' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:04 PM' post='2325937']
rofl.gif rofl.gif
[/quote
I thougt is was a good play on words...My brother who lives in Etowah school district and has a younger son that will play at Etowah was giving me plenty of grief before this game.....Now I am able to give it back 10 fold....

#74 David R. Moon

David R. Moon

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

There is an AJC Preps Poll, "Which undefeated team deserves more respect?"

http://www.ajc.com/h...hool/index.html

Just thought I would let everyone know.

#75 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

We are now ranked number # 10.isn't that sweet biggrin.gif
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics