89 replies to this topic

#81 Billy Jo Bradley

Billy Jo Bradley

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

I think everyone should be reminded that personal attacks are not permitted. It is also highly recommended that this topic get back on track with regards to the original post.

Enjoy your evening in Mayberry.

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf
Queens of the Braswell Country Palace

Everyone can nominate another for a bullet through the report this post button appearing to the left bottom of each post.
Don't do it maliciously and don't cry wolf or you may get shot yourself ... the popo can get trigger happy when they're over-worked.

#82 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Bwitchy @ Aug 5 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is SO frustrating? huh.gif For MOST of what you do, it's pretty simple. Click pcom community chest forum instead of internet cafe and post your stuff there. Those who are interested in that sort of thing will find it and respond. Those who aren't now have the option of NOT going in that forum. I would think that you would be appreciative of that rather than on here w/ your pinkalicious mafia whining about it. I would be that 7 out of 10 posters search either using the 'view new post' option or the "recent topics" option, so there will still be traffic in that forum since it's NOT password protected. It REALLY doesn't seem that complicated or frustrating to me.

By the way-the people 'complaining' as you put it-aren't even a part of pinkalicious jsyk. closedeyes.gif I'm sure they'd love to be called a pinkalicious mafia. unsure.gif
www.protectpaulding.com

#83 Pcom Community Chest

Pcom Community Chest

Paulding Com member

• PCOM CC Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Can we please get this thread back on topic???????????

Bouquet, the PCC has already handled all your questions, concerns and comments via PM. This thread is not about you, nor is it about any one individual on pcom. It is to answer questions about the PCC.

Edited by Pcom Community Chest, 05 August 2008 - 08:55 PM.

The purpose of the Community Chest is to prevent fraud and to protect the advocates from any reprisals.

#84 Slumber Parties by Kelly

Slumber Parties by Kelly

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

I am about to go off topic for a moment. Sorry CC.

I just wanted to say that I had a fundraising activity and took it to the CC. When I first inquired about how the CC works, I thought great, more headaches and chasing my tail, but that was not my experience at all. It was quick, painless, and easy. They walked me through the procedure in a timely and professional manner, and I am very grateful.

I have yet to post the fundraiser (waiting on raffle tickets.)

Just wanted to post my positive thoughts.

Kelly Shackelford
Sr. Manager, Slumber Parties
678-371-8749

#85 S~M

S~M

The Nikon Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

I am mafia and I am proud cool.gif

#86 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,732 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

Good Grief!

I think this is the longest topic I have ever seen in the PCC LOL

I will be the first to admit when the cc first started I had a probelm with it,. there were just things that I did not feel that should have had the premission of the cc ... example: meals, donations of clothes etc...

However over time I watched as the CC grew, and I watched as more topics were presented to the pcom members on here, sometimes it is like every topic you read is give me, give me, give me, or donate, donate, donate,

so let me say this... I think it is fine for someone to take on the role of wanting to improve the county, wanting to do things for people in the county..

but there also comes a time where it is to much... it is overwhelming at times what is being posted and ask for...

me personally, I get burn out on all the " Lets do this and that for the whatever...

I think the CC should be used for families in need, Christmas is coming up soon, and I know the CC will be busting at the seams for request.

so I think some should hold back on some of the items that are being done, and prepare for the hoildays coming up..

yes we would all like to see our county look better, yes we would all like to feed all our firemen, police etc...

but come on... when you do things like that you are taking away from families who really, and I mean really need help with food, bills, we all get to a point that we can not give any more...

and I for one would rather make sure a child has Christmas then buy trees or flowers for whatever reason..

so Yes I am for the CC... and my biggest issue is this...

I think the CC should check out these request, and they should also check out if it is ok for this to even be considered a request.

example: some people jump in and do things without asking permission from the ones they are doing it for.. I have seen this first hand.,.. and just becasue you feel the need to do this, does not mean that one you are doing it for knows about it, or says it is ok..

I think it all boils down to which is more important? I actually think the Gobble Gobble would have been a great thing to do for a family for Thanksgiving, not that I do not appericate the firemen and police of this county becasue I do, however I would have much rather seen a child sit down with thier family and had a good Thanksgiving meal.

but with so much being ask for now, some of us maynot be able to help around the hoildays because by the time the hoildays get here we will all be out of money to help.. I have to limit myself on what I can donate... and I choose to do most of my donatiing from now on through the CC and it will be for families who need help with food, etc...

And let me state this for the person which I am sure someone will say... evidently you have never been on the receving end of pcom... and the answer to that is Yes I have... it was something I did not ask for, and at the time there was no CC, but when hubby and I had our bike accident I was over whelmed at the food, cards, gifts, vists, phone calls from my pcom family..

so I know what it is like to have pcom in your corner when you need help..... However I have also seen some on here over step the boundaires of helping, and it was more of a hardship for the families involved, then it was a help.

so I say I think the CC is good thing.... and I hope it sorts out the ones who really need the help, from the ones who just want to jump in and do something that is really not necessary..

Bouquet My heart goes out to you and your family, I know you have been put to the test this past year with your little one...

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#87 bellaprincess

bellaprincess

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Aug 6 2008, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Grief!

I think this is the longest topic I have ever seen in the PCC LOL

I will be the first to admit when the cc first started I had a probelm with it,. there were just things that I did not feel that should have had the premission of the cc ... example: meals, donations of clothes etc...

However over time I watched as the CC grew, and I watched as more topics were presented to the pcom members on here, sometimes it is like every topic you read is give me, give me, give me, or donate, donate, donate,

so let me say this... I think it is fine for someone to take on the role of wanting to improve the county, wanting to do things for people in the county..

but there also comes a time where it is to much... it is overwhelming at times what is being posted and ask for...

me personally, I get burn out on all the " Lets do this and that for the whatever...

I think the CC should be used for families in need, Christmas is coming up soon, and I know the CC will be busting at the seams for request.

so I think some should hold back on some of the items that are being done, and prepare for the hoildays coming up..

yes we would all like to see our county look better, yes we would all like to feed all our firemen, police etc...

but come on... when you do things like that you are taking away from families who really, and I mean really need help with food, bills, we all get to a point that we can not give any more...

and I for one would rather make sure a child has Christmas then buy trees or flowers for whatever reason..

so Yes I am for the CC... and my biggest issue is this...

I think the CC should check out these request, and they should also check out if it is ok for this to even be considered a request.

example: some people jump in and do things without asking permission from the ones they are doing it for.. I have seen this first hand.,.. and just becasue you feel the need to do this, does not mean that one you are doing it for knows about it, or says it is ok..

I think it all boils down to which is more important? I actually think the Gobble Gobble would have been a great thing to do for a family for Thanksgiving, not that I do not appericate the firemen and police of this county becasue I do, however I would have much rather seen a child sit down with thier family and had a good Thanksgiving meal.

but with so much being ask for now, some of us maynot be able to help around the hoildays because by the time the hoildays get here we will all be out of money to help.. I have to limit myself on what I can donate... and I choose to do most of my donatiing from now on through the CC and it will be for families who need help with food, etc...

And let me state this for the person which I am sure someone will say... evidently you have never been on the receving end of pcom... and the answer to that is Yes I have... it was something I did not ask for, and at the time there was no CC, but when hubby and I had our bike accident I was over whelmed at the food, cards, gifts, vists, phone calls from my pcom family..

so I know what it is like to have pcom in your corner when you need help..... However I have also seen some on here over step the boundaires of helping, and it was more of a hardship for the families involved, then it was a help.

so I say I think the CC is good thing.... and I hope it sorts out the ones who really need the help, from the ones who just want to jump in and do something that is really not necessary..

Bouquet My heart goes out to you and your family, I know you have been put to the test this past year with your little one...

Good post! good.gif

Posted Image

#88 Pcom Community Chest

Pcom Community Chest

Paulding Com member

• PCOM CC Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Due to all of the requests for fundraising, we felt it was important to bump this thread so that everyone can familiarize themselves with the rules of the Pcom Community Chest. If anyone has any questions, please ask here (or reread this thread) and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!! smile.gif

The purpose of the Community Chest is to prevent fraud and to protect the advocates from any reprisals.

#89 Jet Setter 2013

Jet Setter 2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Who is the CC and how do I contact them? Where do I get the form from?

#90 Deputy Rafe Hollister

Deputy Rafe Hollister

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Who is the CC and how do I contact them? Where do I get the form from?

Send a PM to the PCOM Community Chest person who posted above you.
Singing away the blues

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics