89 replies to this topic

#41 HiramGirl

HiramGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

Making meals for a needy family or for the firefighters are not receiving funds. rolleyes.gif

It is not about anyone or anybody receiving funds from the CC. But, to make a meal?! That is outrageous.

QUOTE (overit @ Aug 5 2008, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Pubby did a great job explaining.........tons of people are in need everyday.

Each one of us has our causes we would like to see recieve funds, but that doesn't mean we are jumping up and down screaming to see it happen. rolleyes.gif

#42 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,833 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is still crazy. Yes, your board your rules but you and your crowd are making it harder for people to coordinate a little care for people. We are not talking about a $1400 frig. This is meals and help for hardships. You are comparing apples to oranges. dry.gif

You are free to home cook any meal and take it to your neighbor, your friend or your friend's friend ... to whomever you please but do it privately. If you want to put it on the board, you will go through the CC and you will comply with the rules.

pubby

#43 HiramGirl

HiramGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

That is sad because you have taken away a great community asset.

QUOTE (PUBBY @ Aug 5 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are free to home cook any meal and take it to your neighbor, your friend or your friend's friend ... to whomever you please but do it privately. If you want to put it on the board, you will go through the CC and you will comply with the rules.

pubby

#44 overit

overit

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Making meals for a needy family or for the firefighters are not receiving funds. rolleyes.gif

It is not about anyone or anybody receiving funds from the CC. But, to make a meal?! That is outrageous.

Okay, who should be the judge to see if the family is needy?

Lets just say I drink 2 cases of beer a day, have a $1000 computer, the highest internet service available, Peachcare, and food stamps. But I can't pay my electric bill this month, would you help me?

I wouldn't! I would like someone to confirm these people need help!!!!

#45 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think anything has been taken away--just gotten under control for everyone's protection.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."—Mark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#46 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,833 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've taken away a community asset? See, now that is an effort to guilt me.

I told you I was immune.

As far as the meals for LE and emergency services; there is nothing impeding that effort whatsoever.

In fact the only complaint about that is that the main topic is in the CC ... which is an open forum easily read on the recent topics page just like all others.

pubby

#47 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (overit @ Aug 5 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, who should be the judge to see if the family is needy?

Lets just say I drink 2 cases of beer a day, have a $1000 computer, the highest internet service available, Peachcare, and food stamps. But I can't pay my electric bill this month, would you help me?

I wouldn't! I would like someone to confirm these people need help!!!!

I would like that as well as checking to make sure that who I gave my money to will really give the money to the person needing it. I have a check that hangs by my desk to keep me in check. Money down the drain that could have really helped someone or more than one person that REALLY needed it. Yes I got took by a Do Gooder that was just so so wonderful. Well live and learn is what I say and I am VERY thankful to the CC and will back it all the way.
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#48 SoapMom

SoapMom

Changing the world, one soap bar at a time!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What this FORM is doing is taking away people that do want to give from the goodness of their heart, in my opinion. If Liberty Lady wants to coordinate meals for Denise, she ought to be able to do it without having to jump through unnecessary hoops. The recipient of such love offerings just called THE FORM sheeze. That ought to give you some insight that this CC thing has jumped the shark and the rules and regulations have gotten out of control.

She has her own private "pinkie e-group" -- if she doesn't want to play by the rules of Pcom and the CC, then have at it *OFF* the boards.

I just cannot believe people don't get this entire thing.

I guess I should be shocked, but I'm not.

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is still crazy. Yes, your board your rules but you and your crowd are making it harder for people to coordinate a little care for people. We are not talking about a $1400 frig. This is meals and help for hardships. You are comparing apples to oranges. dry.gif

I don't believe that.

There are inventions called the telephone. There are many ways for people to form their own local groups to do their own version of "helping others" if they wish.

If you want to do it Pcom style, then you all better be willing to play by the rules.

QUOTE (PUBBY @ Aug 5 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pubby

HOW SIMPLY PUT!!!!! Well said Pubby.

QUOTE (solosoul @ Aug 5 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like that as well as checking to make sure that who I gave my money to will really give the money to the person needing it. I have a check that hangs by my desk to keep me in check. Money down the drain that could have really helped someone or more than one person that REALLY needed it. Yes I got took by a Do Gooder that was just so so wonderful. Well live and learn is what I say and I am VERY thankful to the CC and will back it all the way.

That's exactly how I feel. wub.gif

Heck, I don't even still live in Paulding, yet I still support this site, in more ways than one. smile.gif I believe in what the CC is trying to do, and poor Pubby who has had more headaches than any business man ever should.
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#49 HiramGirl

HiramGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

Oh for God's sakes. An effort to guilt you?! My goodness. You can easily be pushed around my the people around you, can't you? Hasn't that been a complaint on this board for years? That you let a hand-picked few decide the overall scope and tone of this board.

SoapMom, I stand by statements.

QUOTE (PUBBY @ Aug 5 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've taken away a community asset? See, now that is an effort to guilt me.

I told you I was immune.

As far as the meals for LE and emergency services; there is nothing impeding that effort whatsoever.

In fact the only complaint about that is that the main topic is in the CC ... which is an open forum easily read on the recent topics page just like all others.

pubby

#50 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Bwitchy @ Aug 5 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think anything has been taken away--just gotten under control for everyone's protection.

Agree,

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not- PCOM is a business! They have to have rules, they have to be professional, they have to look out for the community, and yes they have to cover their own butts! So things do not back fire on them. There is many things going on pcom latley with changes inside the actual business of pcom. I am assuming with all the silly gossip. It is growing. It has to happen. This is what happens as a business grows. You have to add new procedures. I am sure we would like to all sit here and say that noone lies, noone steals, noone sues, and so on. It stinks and it is hard to hear but that is how life is. Some of you are just taking it I think a bit to personal bc you are emotionally involved in helping a few of these families. (which is great) I also think change is hard for people. So those of you who have to go by some new rules are annoyed by it. But you also need to look at the other side from where CC has to look. I think it is awesome that we have all of these wondeful people on pcom that are trying to good things for others. This should be a positive thing and not so negative. But with that said we are all here on PCOM and the rules are theirs. Not that I want to push anyone away from pcom but if you really can not stand the rules maybe there are other volunteer programs that would fit some of your needs better. Do not let what is going on discourage you and others from what is important. Just find a way to do it in which you are comfortable. Just my opinion though smile.gif

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
[Helen Keller]

#51 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh for God's sakes. An effort to guilt you?! My goodness. You can easily be pushed around my the people around you, can't you? Hasn't that been a complaint on this board for years? That you let a hand-picked few decide the overall scope and tone of this board.

SoapMom, I stand by statements.

You know, it is HIS board. Right? It's HIS business, HIS money being invested, and HIS livelyhood. You get all of that, right?

And it boils down to this...

1) There are RULES on Pcom. Not just for the CC, but overall.

2) You *play* by the RULES of Pcom, to enjoy Pcom.

3) You no likie to play by the RULES of Pcom, no one is forcing you to be here. smile.gif

I've been here for over four years now. I've weathered some really nasty things around here. But you know what? I support Pcom to this day, from almost 300 miles away. I believe in what Pat is trying to do here.... and I want him to succeed at this for himself, and his family's sake.

And I play by the RULES of Pcom, or I reap the consequences of not doing so.

The Community Chest *had* to happen folks. It simply did. Having been a part of a huge local effort to help people, I can say firsthand, that the CC is needed. And people need to let them do their job.

Not being as nice about all of this as I normally am, but too bad. smile.gif It's something I feel strongly about, and I'm willing to stick my neck out there a wee-bit for. wink.gif Play by the rules, support the CC ----- OR go somewhere else where there are different rules, OR do your own thing to help your community in your own way OFF of Pcom. Simple.

G'day.
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#52 Pcom Community Chest

Pcom Community Chest

Paulding Com member

• PCOM CC Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (solosoul @ Aug 5 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I have read the form....it is a pretty standard form and I see nothing wrong in it. I guess you wold have had to worked with charities before or applied to one to know that this type of thing is done all the time and is in use for very good reasons. This is a way to help people and to protect those helping.....this has been said over and over and keeps getting pushed aside. I can not understand why anyone or GROUP would want to cause problems with this. I have no idea about the "group" thing going on as I have always been just ME. I do know that alot of PM's and phone calls go on behind the board to get people lined up on what they "think" is their side and the only real side is that of those who want to help. The shame is that WE should all work together and WE could do so much more.

Is it not posible for us all to work together? Everyone on the same page following the same rules? I know I have no problem with it being fair and equal to all. PLEASE lets stop all this US and THEM and see what we can do by all working together. PLEASE.

Yes solosoul, it is a standard form. In the event anyone is curious, the PCC volunteers questioned other 501c3 organizations to find out what exactly we SHOULD ask. This questionaire is based on the expertise of some very successful nonprofit groups. wink.gif

QUOTE (HiramGirl @ Aug 5 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What this FORM is doing is taking away people that do want to give from the goodness of their heart, in my opinion. If Liberty Lady wants to coordinate meals for Denise, she ought to be able to do it without having to jump through unnecessary hoops. The recipient of such love offerings just called THE FORM sheeze. That ought to give you some insight that this CC thing has jumped the shark and the rules and regulations have gotten out of control.

LL can do as she pleases through her own website or through PMs if she does not want to go through the CC. smile.gif

The purpose of the Community Chest is to prevent fraud and to protect the advocates from any reprisals.

#53 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (CarolineElizabeth @ Aug 5 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree,

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not- PCOM is a business! They have to have rules, they have to be professional, they have to look out for the community, and yes they have to cover their own butts! So things do not back fire on them. There is many things going on pcom latley with changes inside the actual business of pcom. I am assuming with all the silly gossip. It is growing. It has to happen. This is what happens as a business grows. You have to add new procedures. I am sure we would like to all sit here and say that noone lies, noone steals, noone sues, and so on. It stinks and it is hard to hear but that is how life is. Some of you are just taking it I think a bit to personal bc you are emotionally involved in helping a few of these families. (which is great) I also think change is hard for people. So those of you who have to go by some new rules are annoyed by it. But you also need to look at the other side from where CC has to look. I think it is awesome that we have all of these wondeful people on pcom that are trying to good things for others. This should be a positive thing and not so negative. But with that said we are all here on PCOM and the rules are theirs. Not that I want to push anyone away from pcom but if you really can not stand the rules maybe there are other volunteer programs that would fit some of your needs better. Do not let what is going on discourage you and others from what is important. Just find a way to do it in which you are comfortable. Just my opinion though smile.gif

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
[Helen Keller]

WOOOO HOOO! Someone who really, really, really gets it. smile.gif

Rock on CE, rock on!

#54 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (CarolineElizabeth @ Aug 5 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree,

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
[Helen Keller]

You rock, chic. wub.gif

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#55 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

Thanks guys wub.gif I am here until 4 and then back at 8. ha

#56 Paulding Navigator Team

Paulding Navigator Team

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

I'm glad there is structure to the "community" helping.... Everything is not always what it appears to be.

#57 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Aug 5 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She has her own private "pinkie e-group" -- if she doesn't want to play by the rules of Pcom and the CC, then have at it *OFF* the boards.

I have been involved with a great group of women who are all members here on p.com who worked together to help meet some needs. I have and will continue to think of this group as PCOMMERS FIRST. As a person who has worked with this group and worn a pink scarf, I have NEVER in ANY WAY considered myself a part of LL's "private group." We came together to help out of a desire to help, not to be divided by someone calling us someone else's "private group."

Sorry, but I just felt the need to clarify that.

Thanks.

#58 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (TabbyCat @ Aug 5 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been involved with a great group of women who are all members here on p.com who worked together to help meet some needs. I have and will continue to think of this group as PCOMMERS FIRST. As a person who has worked with this group and worn a pink scarf, I have NEVER in ANY WAY considered myself a part of LL's "private group." We came together to help out of a desire to help, not to be divided by someone calling us someone else's "private group."

Thanks.

Yes, correct. The Pinkalicious yahoo group was only set up if pcom went down or to avoid too many 'chatty' posts. It's all pcom members and it's not a 'private group' that's all doing stuff behind others backs. just to clarify. Women are welcome to join.
www.protectpaulding.com

#59 Pcom Community Chest

Pcom Community Chest

Paulding Com member

• PCOM CC Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (~Bella~Kate~ @ Aug 5 2008, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it. I have asked several times to different people about fundraising for the breast cancer 3 day. I first asked in early may and have asked since and then this morning see someone has gotten answers on the 2 day. What does it take.

I don't get why everything has to be approved. We are helping people for goodness sake. The bible says if they ask for your shirt give your coat.

We apologize. We're working at finding your original request. We are volunteers & we do make mistakes. You would be allowed to post that you are registered to walk and give a link detailing where people can send their money (directly to the organization on behalf of you.) Again, sorry about that.

QUOTE (LibertyLady @ Aug 5 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, correct. The Pinkalicious yahoo group was only set up if pcom went down or to avoid too many 'chatty' posts. It's all pcom members and it's not a 'private group' that's all doing stuff behind others backs. just to clarify. Women are welcome to join.

The PCC is aware that your group is open to any pcommers. We hope that anyone joins that is interested in helping out with the causes you initiate. Causes have to be organized somehow. smile.gif

The purpose of the Community Chest is to prevent fraud and to protect the advocates from any reprisals.

#60 SoapMom

SoapMom

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (TabbyCat @ Aug 5 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Just going on what has been posted in the past, on the open board, about the "pinkie group." It is off of pcom, and LL headed it up, hence the choice of words.

But the bottom line comes back to this topic -- people need to play by the rules as set up, or find a different way *off* of Pcom to get their job done.

QUOTE (LibertyLady @ Aug 5 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the clarification, never saw an explanation before now. smile.gif

Sounds like it might be a great place though for people who wish to organize things off of Pcom, when the CC doesn't fit their bill though. wink.gif

#61 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (SoapMom @ Aug 5 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just going on what has been posted in the past, on the open board, about the "pinkie group." It is off of pcom, and LL headed it up, hence the choice of words.

But the bottom line comes back to this topic -- people need to play by the rules as set up, or find a different way *off* of Pcom to get their job done.

Thanks for the clarification, never saw an explanation before now. smile.gif

Sounds like it might be a great place though for people who wish to organize things off of Pcom, when the CC doesn't fit their bill though. wink.gif

I never disputed that or even commented on it. And for the record, I didn't join the yahoo group...my involvement comes through p.com. wink.gif smile.gif

#62 Bouquet

Bouquet

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

TabbyCat Posted Today, 02:03 PM

Thanks.

Tabby, you have been a wonderful p'commer and friend. I wish there were more on this site like you.
```````
Soapmom, you are no longer a member of the community but still carry membership here. No problem with your having membership, but why do you meddle in the business of others so often? You are a very good drama queen and like to stir things up. I think you are insecure of issues that you have no control over. No, I am not a member of any "click," I don't have my own possee that lines up to also be rude to anyone that I don't care for. But it seems that you do. Maybe not, but it sure seems that way to me.
````````
I have no problem with the CC becoming structured. What I have an issue with is that the CC MUST be involved with issues that do not have money involved.

In the case of meals, people have shared in what they too are having. I pray they do not go out of their way to purchase something to bring to us. And also, these are volunteers, I cannot put a price tag on a cup of green beans or chicken casserole.

I feel that the move to "beef up" the CC has come and that Pubby is trying his best... with help from others, to do that very thing. I am all for P.COM But, I have no say in what happens with in the CC. I cannot "buy" a position on the board. Nor would I want too.

The forms are much like others that are set up to help others. But I think more people should be allowed to do as their hearts lead, not the CC. From what I have read here today, it is do it ONE WAY (the only way) or don't do it here on P.Com. That is what is upsetting so many. Should the P.com members that give things away on Paulding freecycle have their memberships here revoked? Or should we be more giving here at P.com without having to answer for everything heartfelt thing we do.

Yes, It is Pubby's Site, his business and his rules. But again, the CC is going through changes and should be open to more than just one group of peoples ideas. If when we speak, a hand is raised to cut us off, why should anyone want to stay on P.com? Just to read the ads? I don't think so and I don't think that is the only reason that Pubby set this site up.

Thank you for all of your hard work Pubby, but I am having trouble swallowing a lot of the drama and what others have to say about "why" you set this site up. If I am so wrong, please let me know.
`````````
A thank you also goes out to everyone that has helped our family. But it seems that people are tired of hearing about our needs or intentions. Please, do not sign up for any future things that may benefit our family. I have been shamed enough in having to receive help. I am usually the one helping others. So it does not set well with people arguing over peas and potatoes and the value of them.

Oh, I have had one maybe two beers in 5 years. You would find soda in our fridge, but no alcohol. This computer was put together for me by my son. Want to put a large price tag on it? Go ahead. It is certainly valuable to me. Food stamps, no, we don't get them. We have had to use them before, but we stopped as soon as my husband found work. He is waiting now for a call back about a job interview he had today.

But if it makes you feel better to think the worst of others... go ahead. It must be so hard to look at yourself each day. I may not be rich but I can look myself in the eyes and thank God for every little thing we have been given.

Think I have taken this personal? Your right. I would be stupid to think that this has not been directly aimed at me and LL, of course. This is not the first time it has been done, and it will not be the last.

GOD BLESS,
Denise

I love you and miss you. Rest in peace my loves.

Ashton, Tristen, Phillip Aaron

#63 SOLO

SOLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Bouquet @ Aug 5 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tabby, you have been a wonderful p'commer and friend. I wish there were more on this site like you.
```````
Soapmom, you are no longer a member of the community but still carry membership here. No problem with your having membership, but why do you meddle in the business of others so often? You are a very good drama queen and like to stir things up. I think you are insecure of issues that you have no control over. No, I am not a member of any "click," I don't have my own possee that lines up to also be rude to anyone that I don't care for. But it seems that you do. Maybe not, but it sure seems that way to me.
````````
I have no problem with the CC becoming structured. What I have an issue with is that the CC MUST be involved with issues that do not have money involved.

In the case of meals, people have shared in what they too are having. I pray they do not go out of their way to purchase something to bring to us. And also, these are volunteers, I cannot put a price tag on a cup of green beans or chicken casserole.

I feel that the move to "beef up" the CC has come and that Pubby is trying his best... with help from others, to do that very thing. I am all for P.COM But, I have no say in what happens with in the CC. I cannot "buy" a position on the board. Nor would I want too.

The forms are much like others that are set up to help others. But I think more people should be allowed to do as their hearts lead, not the CC. From what I have read here today, it is do it ONE WAY (the only way) or don't do it here on P.Com. That is what is upsetting so many. Should the P.com members that give things away on Paulding freecycle have their memberships here revoked? Or should we be more giving here at P.com without having to answer for everything heartfelt thing we do.

Yes, It is Pubby's Site, his business and his rules. But again, the CC is going through changes and should be open to more than just one group of peoples ideas. If when we speak, a hand is raised to cut us off, why should anyone want to stay on P.com? Just to read the ads? I don't think so and I don't think that is the only reason that Pubby set this site up.

Thank you for all of your hard work Pubby, but I am having trouble swallowing a lot of the drama and what others have to say about "why" you set this site up. If I am so wrong, please let me know.
`````````
A thank you also goes out to everyone that has helped our family. But it seems that people are tired of hearing about our needs or intentions. Please, do not sign up for any future things that may benefit our family. I have been shamed enough in having to receive help. I am usually the one helping others. So it does not set well with people arguing over peas and potatoes and the value of them.

Oh, I have had one maybe two beers in 5 years. You would find soda in our fridge, but no alcohol. This computer was put together for me by my son. Want to put a large price tag on it? Go ahead. It is certainly valuable to me. Food stamps, no, we don't get them. We have had to use them before, but we stopped as soon as my husband found work. He is waiting now for a call back about a job interview he had today.

But if it makes you feel better to think the worst of others... go ahead. It must be so hard to look at yourself each day. I may not be rich but I can look myself in the eyes and thank God for every little thing we have been given.

Think I have taken this personal? Your right. I would be stupid to think that this has not been directly aimed at me and LL, of course. This is not the first time it has been done, and it will not be the last.

GOD BLESS,
Denise

Some of your comments are very rude and uncalled for. No reason to attack someone the way you have.
Posted Image

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#64 Aunt Bea

Aunt Bea

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

```````
````````

`````````

GOD BLESS,
Denise

This thread was designed for the pcom comumity chest to answer questions. If you would like to hijack this thread, then I encourage you to take this post and begin a new thread of your own. Assumptions get nobody nowhere. this thread wasn't about you to begin with.

btw, the beer mention in a previous post was not directed at you, but another thread on pcom.

GREAT JOB PCOM COMMUNITY CHEST!!! good.gif

This girdle has got to go.

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf
Everyone can nominate another for a bullet
through the report button appearing to the left bottom of each post.
Don't do it maliciously and don't cry wolf or you may get shot yourself.
The popo can get trigger happy when they're over-worked.

#65 overit

overit

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

```````

GOD BLESS,
Denise

I don't understand where you are coming from making the comment about it being hard to look at myself each day........you are rude and frankly by your post YOU have just lost all my respect. My comment about beer was not directed at you, but something has gotten you feeling guilty. Why?

I do not have to justify why I want to know if the family is needy, that would be me just using common sense! I have no problem looking at myself everyday and I am happy to be me.

#66 overit

overit

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Aunt Bea @ Aug 5 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread was designed for the pcom comumity chest to answer questions. If you would like to hijack this thread, then I encourage you to take this post and begin a new thread of your own. Assumptions get nobody nowhere. this thread wasn't about you to begin with.

btw, the beer mention in a previous post was not directed at you, but another thread on pcom.

GREAT JOB PCOM COMMUNITY CHEST!!! good.gif

Thanks

#67 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (overit @ Aug 5 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand where you are coming from making the comment about it being hard to look at myself each day........you are rude and frankly by your post YOU have just lost all my respect. My comment about beer was not directed at you, but something has gotten you feeling guilty. Why?

I do not have to justify why I want to know if the family is needy, that would be me just using common sense! I have no problem looking at myself everyday and I am happy to be me.

Maybe she wasn't aiming that to you? I don't know-this is all so frustrating. sleep.gif
www.protectpaulding.com

#68 overit

overit

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (LibertyLady @ Aug 5 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe she wasn't aiming that to you? I don't know-this is all so frustrating. sleep.gif

WHATEVER!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by overit, 05 August 2008 - 07:46 PM.

#69 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

What is SO frustrating? huh.gif For MOST of what you do, it's pretty simple. Click pcom community chest forum instead of internet cafe and post your stuff there. Those who are interested in that sort of thing will find it and respond. Those who aren't now have the option of NOT going in that forum. I would think that you would be appreciative of that rather than on here w/ your pinkalicious mafia whining about it. I would be that 7 out of 10 posters search either using the 'view new post' option or the "recent topics" option, so there will still be traffic in that forum since it's NOT password protected. It REALLY doesn't seem that complicated or frustrating to me.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."—Mark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#70 Johnny Jacobs

Johnny Jacobs

A Good Old Boy

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

I have been on both ends of Pcom's Charity. I have given and I have received.

My personal view is that The Community Chest was and is a necessity to control the many topics asking for YOUR CHARITY, your generosity, your good will. You, the individuals, join together in times of great need or in times of great grief. You, the individuals, make up the Pcom Community.

I am aware of many good things that you have done, BUT I am also aware of some things that were done wrong, handled wrong, just flat misused.

For some of the later members, many of us have been here 3, 4 and 5 years. We have seen Pcom grow and have witnessed the growing pains. A great many of you do not realize the amount of change, the amount of goodness, the amount of rudeness that has occurred to bring us to this point in time.
Good and bad members have moved on, but each left a mark upon Pcom. Now, we that are here must strive to carry on in an attempt to improve Pcom.
Did anyone read the OP? This topic was started to answer questions about the CC and its purpose. Further, the CC is evolving so every comment, either pro or con, will aid in that evolution. Everyone is being listened to because...

perfection eludes us all.
The comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
---George Eliot

If I have earned your trust, then I am responsible for keeping that trust intact.
---JohnnyJ

#71 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

#72 Aunt Bea

Aunt Bea

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

Why is this frustrating? All we ask is that you follow the rules set forth by Pubby. Is it really so difficult to follow protocol?

Again, this thread was not about you. We think the PCC decided to start the thread because so many were having questions about why the PCC does things a certain way in another thread.

They just want to be able to answer questions. They want questions to be answered from the "horses mouth" so to speak and clarify any RUMORS that may be floating about them.

If anything LibertyLady, they are here to protect you just as well as the rest of the pcom community. When you go out and do your work in the name of paulding.com, pcom (Pubby) has the right to make sure everything is legit beforehand.

QUOTE (JohnnyJ @ Aug 5 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been on both ends of Pcom's Charity. I have given and I have received.

My personal view is that The Community Chest was and is a necessity to control the many topics asking for YOUR CHARITY, your generosity, your good will. You, the individuals, join together in times of great need or in times of great grief. You, the individuals, make up the Pcom Community.

I am aware of many good things that you have done, BUT I am also aware of some things that were done wrong, handled wrong, just flat misused.

For some of the later members, many of us have been here 3, 4 and 5 years. We have seen Pcom grow and have witnessed the growing pains. A great many of you do not realize the amount of change, the amount of goodness, the amount of rudeness that has occurred to bring us to this point in time.
Good and bad members have moved on, but each left a mark upon Pcom. Now, we that are here must strive to carry on in an attempt to improve Pcom.
Did anyone read the OP? This topic was started to answer questions about the CC and its purpose. Further, the CC is evolving so every comment, either pro or con, will aid in that evolution. Everyone is being listened to because...

perfection eludes us all.

clapping.gif
This girdle has got to go.

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf
Everyone can nominate another for a bullet
through the report button appearing to the left bottom of each post.
Don't do it maliciously and don't cry wolf or you may get shot yourself.
The popo can get trigger happy when they're over-worked.

#73 LibertyLady

LibertyLady

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,270 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Aunt Bea @ Aug 5 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is this frustrating? All we ask is that you follow the rules set forth by Pubby. Is it really so difficult to follow protocol?

Again, this thread was not about you. We think the PCC decided to start the thread because so many were having questions about why the PCC does things a certain way in another thread.

They just want to be able to answer questions. They want questions to be answered from the "horses mouth" so to speak and clarify any RUMORS that may be floating about them.

If anything LibertyLady, they are here to protect you just as well as the rest of the pcom community. When you go out and do your work in the name of paulding.com, pcom (Pubby) has the right to make sure everything is legit beforehand.

clapping.gif

Um, I was referring to reading all the posts-before you jump my butt-I was just referring to sorting thru all the posts-was frustrating not even to the CC. dry.gif

QUOTE (Bwitchy @ Aug 5 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is SO frustrating? huh.gif For MOST of what you do, it's pretty simple. Click pcom community chest forum instead of internet cafe and post your stuff there. Those who are interested in that sort of thing will find it and respond. Those who aren't now have the option of NOT going in that forum. I would think that you would be appreciative of that rather than on here w/ your pinkalicious mafia whining about it. I would be that 7 out of 10 posters search either using the 'view new post' option or the "recent topics" option, so there will still be traffic in that forum since it's NOT password protected. It REALLY doesn't seem that complicated or frustrating to me.

Sorting thru posts...THAT is what I was referring to..sheesh.
www.protectpaulding.com

#74 Bouquet

Bouquet

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Bwitchy @ Aug 5 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is not being understood is that we DO understand the need for CC. We may not agree with all the rules. BUT please understand this. We can read and we do understand.

I am not a member of pinkalicious nor of any mafia or a member of the Yahoo group mentioned. But I am very glad they came into my life. I am a member of p.com with an Orange membership that was given to me. DNK was very generous.

If you have lost any respect for me, I suspect that you never had any. Several previous post in other threads have already showed me that. What I don't understand is how some people are able to make rude comments and nothing is said to them, but in many cases it is encouraged.

Before this week, I rarely went into the Tonk. After going there today and seeing a friend once again being trashed, I wish I never had gone back. Even when visiting the Religious forum, I find that the comments are allowed there as well. Am I the only one to be censored? No, but rarely are the ones being unkind stopped. IMHO

I have a world of respect for Pubby and his decisions. But even that is doubted. If anything, I have been very gullible. I have responded to comments made by some that I should have just ignored.

I thought this thread was to better understand the CC and to leave questions here. But that is not what is has been about. And I am not the only one having made comments. Did those of you in power let the others know that also?

So take a bow. I will leave this forum and I will not comment here again. I will keep my opinions to myself or post elsewhere.

God bless,
Denise

I love you and miss you. Rest in peace my loves.

Ashton, Tristen, Phillip Aaron

#75 overit

overit

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Bouquet @ Aug 5 2008, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is not being understood is that we DO understand the need for CC. We may not agree with all the rules. BUT please understand this. We can read and we do understand.

I am not a member of pinkalicious nor of any mafia or a member of the Yahoo group mentioned. But I am very glad they came into my life. I am a member of p.com with an Orange membership that was given to me. DNK was very generous.

If you have lost any respect for me, I suspect that you never had any. Several previous post in other threads have already showed me that. What I don't understand is how some people are able to make rude comments and nothing is said to them, but in many cases it is encouraged.

Before this week, I rarely went into the Tonk. After going there today and seeing a friend once again being trashed, I wish I never had gone back. Even when visiting the Religious forum, I find that the comments are allowed there as well. Am I the only one to be censored? No, but rarely are the ones being unkind stopped. IMHO

I have a world of respect for Pubby and his decisions. But even that is doubted. If anything, I have been very gullible. I have responded to comments made by some that I should have just ignored.

I thought this thread was to better understand the CC and to leave questions here. But that is not what is has been about. And I am not the only one having made comments. Did those of you in power let the others know that also?

So take a bow. I will leave this forum and I will not comment here again. I will keep my opinions to myself or post elsewhere.

God bless,
Denise

The only thread I have posted in that was yours was several months ago, so I haven't showed you anything. None of my comments in this post were rude until you "ATTACKED" me. Actually I don't recall ever being rude to you, but please if you can back up what you say, send me a PM with the so called post.

#76 No Job

No Job

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

The above statement is so true. It doesn't matter how long someone has been on this site we are all just as important. But I do agree if you don't live in the community try and keep your opinion to yourself. It will be greatly appreciated by those of us that actually do live here and want to see changes here. JMHO
God Bless one and all.

#77 SOLO

SOLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

I do have a question. Does the person who is acting for someone keep everyone posted as to what is still needed? I know it is hard because not always do the ones who say they will do really do it. but it would be helpfull if we know what is still needed.
Posted Image

s.l.u.t

#78 PWilhelm

PWilhelm

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (No Job Too Small @ Aug 5 2008, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The above statement is so true. It doesn't matter how long someone has been on this site we are all just as important. But I do agree if you don't live in the community try and keep your opinion to yourself. It will be greatly appreciated by those of us that actually do live here and want to see changes here. JMHO

What a maroon! I'll take a hundred (or lots more) Soapmoms to one pissant like you..... and if that buys me a bullet then hooray!
Detroit Lakes, MN!!! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

#79 No Job

No Job

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (PWilhelm @ Aug 5 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a maroon! I'll take a hundred (or lots more) Soapmoms to one pissant like you..... and if that buys me a bullet then hooray!

Considering the source I will step out of a witless conversation. Take care.
God Bless one and all.

#80 Johnny Jacobs

Johnny Jacobs

A Good Old Boy

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,598 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (PWilhelm @ Aug 5 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto. give_rose.gif

Give me a bullet, too. biggrin.gif
The comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
---George Eliot

If I have earned your trust, then I am responsible for keeping that trust intact.
---JohnnyJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics