1 reply to this topic

#1 Mikey

Mikey

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

We had a great kickoff to band camp. Thanks to the parent volunteers who dropped by to help out today. It was great to see so many new band and color guard members this year -- around 107 of you now! We're returning to the band membership we had prior to the SPHS split-off.

Remember, we have the "I Survived Band Camp" picnic this Friday evening at Hiram High. We'll need to get a head count for the picnic attendance. Your student will bring home an interest form tomorrow. There will be a short business meeting at the picnic to talk about the Fall schedule and a few other matters.

Please send in some large containers of powdered Gatorade (any flavor) to help us keep the kids hydrated during band camp and practices. The large containers are available at Wal-Mart.

Many thanks to MacFarlane's Olde Towne Grille and Fatback's Country Cooking in Hiram. McFarlane's and Fatback's will be catering band instructors' lunches this week. Remember Band Family, support the businesses that support the Band of Gold!

The Hiram Band of Gold -- The Band of Hiram, Georgia!

Edited by Mikey, 05 August 2008 - 06:00 PM.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -- Jack Kerouac

If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then to me. MacBeth, I:3

#2 Mikey

Mikey

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

bump biggrin.gif
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -- Jack Kerouac

If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then to me. MacBeth, I:3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics