Chattahoochee Technical College’s
Early Childhood Care and Education Department Will be sponsoring a FREE Sexual Abuse Prevention Training!
Dates: August 9 OR August 30 Time: 9:00-12:00pm
Cost: FREE -However, pre-Registration is required and space is limited.
Place: Chattahoochee Technical College, Paulding Campus Room 242 This training is accepted by Bright from the Start and participants are also eligible to receive C.E.Us and POST credit.
For Registration: Please contact Maria Abercrombie at 770-443-3655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Darkness to Light's Stewards of Children is a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse, and motivates them to courageous action. The Stewards of Children program is designed for organizations that serve children and youth, and any/all adults interested in protecting children.
The curriculum can be used by organizations and corporations who are:
• Seeking training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
• Wanting to make a difference in their community by educating adults about the protection of children.
• Needing to respond to insurance requirements regarding child protection.
• Wanting to enhance community training initiatives and develop potential sources of revenue.
The program includes:
• An interactive workbook and a 7 Steps Guide for each participant containing the full program curriculum
• An accompanying 1 ¼ hour VHS/DVD integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse
• Opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
Academy of Early Childhood Care and Education Chattahoochee Technical College 400 Nathan Dean Boulevard Dallas, GA 30132
"True teaching is not getting people to answer your questions, but instead, inspiring them to ask their own" -Keegan
Free Training for Anyone in Organizations Serving Children
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users