Paulding.com

The "truck vs. motorcycle on Bakers Bridge" this afternoon was my dad.

*First forgive me if this sounds scrammbled or out of order, I am still all :wacko: *

I just got home from the hospital. When I left dad was going into surgery for his leg, broke all 3 bones. The surgery will last for 4 hours. I had to come home b/c my hubby and Blake stayed in the car for 2 hours and I had to get hubby home to go to work at 5am. My mom is gonna call me after surgery.

Play of the day....

I got a call from my mom today at 5:45, she had called my dads cell phone to check on him and see why he hadnt made it home yet and a medic answered and said they were transporting him to Douglas with a injured leg. So she was frantic, for one she didnt know how to get to Douglas Hospital (as she isnt direction savy) so hubby rushed me to my mom so we could get her to the hospital. Enroute we passed the accident scene, which my dads coworkers had already gotten to the scene. His boss had also called my dad and the medic answered and told him about the accident so they all rushed down to the scene. We went on to the hospital.

In the mean time I called a friend to check p.com b/c I knew the chances somebody had heard it come across the scanner. Thanks to Freebird I knew "something" when we got to the ER.

Original report Freebird posted today http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163898

From what we caught from my dad, and his friends that "heard" the cops talking to the driver of the truck. The truck pulled out in front of him,they hit sometime and thats when the leg got broke (all 3 bones), my dad braked, kept the bike upright and got it to the side of the road. Thats when he put his right foot down and him his leg and the bike went down b/c he couldnt hold it up. That would be the reason for the report of "bike on driver".

The driver of the truck got a ticket for "failure to yeild" he was kind enough to stop and stay there and not "take off".

So sorry Lisa, Keep us updated, and take care of yourself, If you need anything you know where we are!!! Prayers said for your family

Wow! It is so hard seeing a family member especially a child or a parent go through this. Your mom will need you right now. If you need anything you have a whole community here that is ready and willing to help.

Prayers sent.

Thanks! I will keep everyone updated as I am. I ate dinner, Wendys but hey had to eat what was close. I cant sleep though :wacko: I am worried about mom, my dads best friend is with her though so I know she will be ok.

I am just thankful my dad never laid the bike down and only broke his leg!

:( sorry to hear about your dad. i'll keep him (and your family) in my thoughts. keep us updated.

((((hugs))))

:wub:

Thinking of you & your family Lisa. If you need ANYTHING please call me. :wub:

I could use a back massage, gonna come give me one? hehe :wub:

FYI: I ask for this to be moved to the Internet Cafe but guess they are busy waiting on voting results.