17 replies to this topic

#1 doggies3

doggies3

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

I just finished "Fearless Fourteen" by Janet Evanovich. It was really good but I didn't laugh as much as I did in some of her other Stephanie Plum books.

I have just started the latest in the Eve Duncan series - "Quicksand". The series is by Iris Johansen who is an Atlanta author.

Oh, and if you haven't read "Water for Elephants" by Sara Greun you've missed a great read!

So what is everyone else reading?
~doggies3~
1 "meanie" pin, 1 poodle and 1 Dorkie

Rest in Peace Sadie Mae 2/18/11 I will love you forever Bigun
Rest in Peace Walker 5/31/11 I will love you always Little Man

#2 Thoughts

Thoughts

Demon begone!!!

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Diggin' deep in the Nag Hammadi Library. Gettin' time for me to take a break on it though, don't wanna get burnt out on it...
Posted Image Posted Image

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Religion in Government is like Gang Rape. 5 out of the 6 participants thinks it's great, done by popular concensus and morally justified because the Bible and "god" said they could. Publicly the 5 condem it but have no problems privately supporting it or participating in it...

#3 Cajun

Cajun

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

Just finished "For Molly" by Vicki Allen.

Not sure what to read next.

#4 rakled

rakled

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,160 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (doggies3 @ Jun 28 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just finished "Fearless Fourteen" by Janet Evanovich. It was really good but I didn't laugh as much as I did in some of her other Stephanie Plum books.

I have just started the latest in the Eve Duncan series - "Quicksand". The series is by Iris Johansen who is an Atlanta author.

Oh, and if you haven't read "Water for Elephants" by Sara Greun you've missed a great read!

i just started #14 - i usually love all of her books.

#5 rolltidesteph

rolltidesteph

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:35 PM

I started "Fast Track" by Fern Michaels last night. Read another of her new ones, "Promises" this week as well.
"...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

#6 Luv2Dance

Luv2Dance

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

Still working on "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkinson. Just haven't had the time to finish and if I pick it up I wont put it down until It's done. Maybe tomorrow afternoon smile.gif

Posted Image

Now Registering for Spring Semester!

Specializing in Dance and fitness all ages!
Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Lyrical Hip Hop, Hip Hop, Latin Groove, Clogging, Yoga, Break Dance, and more!
(678) 715-1880

#7 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

Eat, Pray, and Love
and
The Alchemist.

Both are pretty good - I just haven't had time to finish either of them.

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#8 GAhorsegal

GAhorsegal

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

I just finished Eat, Pray, Love and also the Kabul Beauty School. Both of these were very good and I am just about to start the Kite Runner.

Edited by GAhorsegal, 28 June 2008 - 04:08 PM.

Work it!

#9 moejoefoe

moejoefoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Just finished #14 by Janet Evonvich - i got some pretty good chuckles out of it - she needs to let LuLu and Tank get married!
God is Good - All the Time

#10 Being Beachy

Being Beachy

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'm about to start reading Garden Spells by Sarah Allen for my monthly book club. Here is other selections we have read...there are some really good ones on this list:

http://astore.amazon.../bookclubfun-20

Stop Contributing to Crazy!

#11 scarolinagirl

scarolinagirl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (GAhorsegal @ Jun 28 2008, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just finished Eat, Pray, Love and also the Kabul Beauty School. Both of these were very good and I am just about to start the Kite Runner.

The Kite Runner is the best book I have read in a long time! Everyone should read it. I want to read the 2nd book by him.

I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength!
Phillipians 4:12, 13

#12 Emily Erwin

Emily Erwin

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

I just read "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls and "Remember Me" by Sophie Kinsella-both very good!

Now, I'm reading "Dedication" by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, who wrote the Nanny Diaries. I'll let you know if it's good...

I was reading about Iris Johansen this morning; haven't read any of her books. I'll have to look for a couple at the library.

Emily

#13 shoes116

shoes116

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (doggies3 @ Jun 28 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just finished Catcher in the Rye. I never got to read it in high school, and have always wondered what all the controversy was about. Personally, I expected more from it, and didn't enjoy it at all. But, I guess now I can check it off my list of books I feel like I have to read.

I also finished Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster, and it was just as funny as her 1st two books.

#14 lulu

lulu

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

I'm reading Robert Morgan's The Truest Pleasure again and when I'm done with it I will read Gap Creek again.

I love Robert Morgan so I'm reading all his books (some again)..

Posted Image

#15 spaz

spaz

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Emily Erwin @ Jun 29 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just read "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls and "Remember Me" by Sophie Kinsella-both very good!

Now, I'm reading "Dedication" by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, who wrote the Nanny Diaries. I'll let you know if it's good...

I was reading about Iris Johansen this morning; haven't read any of her books. I'll have to look for a couple at the library.

Emily

Iris Johansen is from Marietta and I knew her kids as teenagers.She is a good writer.I am not much of a reader and I do like most of her stuff.She is a nice person.

#16 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

White Lies (The Arcane Society, Book 2)

and

The Society of Sin

#17 doggies3

doggies3

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Emily Erwin @ Jun 29 2008, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emily

Iris Johansen - start with The Face of Deception - it's the first one in the Eve Duncan series.
~doggies3~
1 "meanie" pin, 1 poodle and 1 Dorkie

Rest in Peace Sadie Mae 2/18/11 I will love you forever Bigun
Rest in Peace Walker 5/31/11 I will love you always Little Man

#18 GAhorsegal

GAhorsegal

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (scarolinagirl @ Jun 28 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Kite Runner is the best book I have read in a long time! Everyone should read it. I want to read the 2nd book by him.

I am glad that you said that. A friend of mine said it was good and I was going by that in getting it. I don't know why it does not sound good to me tongue.gif it looks boring, lol. I just started it and I will let everyone know what I think.
Work it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics