16 replies to this topic

#1 ShellyT77

ShellyT77

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

I am looking for a good qualified Home inspector.
We are under contract on a home and need an inspector to come out and check it so we can move forward, we want to make sure we are not walking into something that needs a lot of work.

Anyone know a good inspector?

Thanks,
Shelly

#2 Guard Dad

Guard Dad

The Propaganda Buster

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

One of our member's husband is one. Was in a recent thread....maybe do a search.

"The belief is that the political incorrectness involved in the discussion will destroy the community" - posted by pubby on 10-22-16

No, pubby; the only thing free speech will destroy are lies. - Guard Dad

#3 ShellyT77

ShellyT77

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Maybe they will see this post and respond.

Thanks!

#4 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,173 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

I don't know of any Good Luck
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#5 Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

Be prepared to pay no matter who you use. It is well worth the peace of mind though.

I used this company back in November. Excellent company that left no stone unturned.

www.home-probe.com

#6 ShellyT77

ShellyT77

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

Still Need Inspector --

I had someone for Wednesday, but just read my contract a little closer and I have to have it completed by Monday -- I have left messages for all the people you guys have already given me, but no response as of yet. -- Any others would be REALLY Be APPRECIATED!

Edited by ShellyT77, 27 June 2008 - 03:04 PM.

#7 ShellyT77

ShellyT77

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Bump - since I updated and still need Inspector!

#8 Winchester

Winchester

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

Did you ask your agent? They should have a list of inspectors to choose from!
2 + 2 = 4

#9 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

Tim Maxwell. I don't know the name of his business, but it is in Dallas.
He did inspections when 2 of my bosses bought houses out in Brookstone and they were very pleased with him.
And---he is my cousin. Just never had a reason to use him myself.

#10 TheDogs

TheDogs

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (D-Dawg @ Jun 27 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never ....ever ... use the inspectors recommended by the agent.... they all eat out of the same plate.

#11 Loves to Sell Houses

Loves to Sell Houses

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (TheDogs @ Jun 28 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never ....ever ... use the inspectors recommended by the agent.... they all eat out of the same plate.

I don't think that's fair! For one thing, I always recommend inspectors to my buyers and the inspectors I recommend have lost me more than one deal. My criteria is they do not report to me, we do not exchange referral fees and they are fair and honest with their employer...the buyer! My reputation is on the line and it's unethical for me to be partnered with a home inspector. It benefits no one to have a bad inspection.

#12 Winchester

Winchester

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (TheDogs @ Jun 28 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea what you are talking about. When I recommend someone, that means they have done a good job for one of my clients. I get nothing out of it other then knowing they will do a good job and hopefully save my clients from making a big mistake! I usually give my buyers a choice of 3 or 4 and let them decide who they want to use.

I sorry if you've had a bad experience before, but that is not how most REALTORS work!
2 + 2 = 4

#13 TheDogs

TheDogs

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Loves to Sell Houses @ Jun 28 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think that's fair! For one thing, I always recommend inspectors to my buyers and the inspectors I recommend have lost me more than one deal. My criteria is they do not report to me, we do not exchange referral fees and they are fair and honest with their employer...the buyer! My reputation is on the line and it's unethical for me to be partnered with a home inspector. It benefits no one to have a bad inspection.

Then you are the rare exception to real life....I have seen it many times not only here but in other states. Last time I purchased a new house here in PC (2004) I used the "recommended" inspector and guess what......He said there was nothing wrong with the house.........one inspector later, the other inspector found that the 3 story house did not have a "footing" along the foundation on the back of the house......that means the weight of 3 floors resting on +/- 4 inches of concrete, not 12 inches like the codes states.........you take it from there......

#14 Loves to Sell Houses

Loves to Sell Houses

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (TheDogs @ Jun 28 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you are the rare exception to real life....I have seen it many times not only here but in other states. Last time I purchased a new house here in PC (2004) I used the "recommended" inspector and guess what......He said there was nothing wrong with the house.........one inspector later, the other inspector found that the 3 story house did not have a "footing" along the foundation on the back of the house......that means the weight of 3 floors resting on +/- 4 inches of concrete, not 12 inches like the codes states.........you take it from there......

Maybe I am the exception to the rule. It's tragic what happened to you but you can't judge all REaltors and all inspectors by that standard. Usually you can check them out independently by getting a list of recent home inspections and contacting the owners. Also, if I get one bad report from a buyer the inspector is no longer on my list and I refund the home inspection fee out of my own pocket. As an extra cushion for my buyers, I make sure they have 2/10 on new construction and 1 yr home warranty on resale properties just in case something is missed. Most realtors do the same

#15 Winchester

Winchester

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (TheDogs @ Jun 28 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you purchased your new home, did you have your own agent to represent you? Or did you use the on-site agent who represents the builder?

Inspectors are just like any other group of people or professions, some are great and some are really sorry! It doesn't take long for the reputation of the bad ones to get around with other agents.
2 + 2 = 4

#16 TheDogs

TheDogs

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (D-Dawg @ Jun 28 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you purchased your new home, did you have your own agent to represent you? Or did you use the on-site agent who represents the builder?

Inspectors are just like any other group of people or professions, some are great and some are really sorry! It doesn't take long for the reputation of the bad ones to get around with other agents.

That is besides the point......agent or not... you as a buyer need to educate yourself and find your own people..... ALL I am saying is buyer beware...especially here in PC where the "good old boy" system is alive and well.

#17 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,483 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (D-Dawg @ Jun 27 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. My agent gave me a list of three to choose from.

QUOTE (TheDogs @ Jun 28 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's really not a fair statement.
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics