Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

VanVleet

Mr. William (Bill) VanVleet III, age 62, of Dallas GA, passed away on Tuesday, December 7, 2004. He was born on February 26, 1947 to the late William and Bernice VanVleet. He was an CMM/RN at Wellstar.

He is survived by his wife of 31 years, DeAnn L. VanVleet, sons, Peter and Lana VanVleet of Claremore, OK, Steven VanVleet of Dallas, GA, Jeremy VanVleet and Kayse Sharp of Decatur, AL, William VanVleet Of Dallas, GA, stepfather the late Mr. Louis J. Abdo Sr, one brother Louis and Susan Abdo, Jr. of Boise, ID, one sister Cathy and Geoff Barbaro of Boise, ID, and 3 Grandchildren, Amanda Herrell, Katherine and Robert VanVleet.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, December 10, 2004 at 3:00 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home’s Chapel with Bishop David Whorton, Brother Brett Cannon, Brother Randy Olsen and Dr. William David Green officiating. The family will receive friends on Thursday December 9, 2004 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

I am devastated to hear about this. The first time I read this, I did not realize who this was. I read the name William VanVleet. Did not connect the last name and then I was reading it today just to see how Cableman was doing with the whole thing and I realized it was Bill, which the name I knew him by. I am devasted! I learned this too late to go to the funeral, as I cannot get off of work. Bill delivered my second son and I saw him many times throughout my three pregnancies. I hope that Bill's family, friends and office staff are doing well despite this terrible tragedy. They will be in my prayers. Bill, I am sorry I could not be there to see you off, buddy, you were a great, sweet man and I will always remember you.

Bill Vanvleet was a wonderful man. He delivered my daughter which was my second child. There were difficulties during the delivery and my daughter was no longer breathing. This wonderful man was able to correct the cord that was wrapped around my beautiful childs neck 3 times and deliver her safely to me. I will always be indebted to him for the special gift he was able to give to me. I am so sorry to hear of this loss. My prayers go out to his family and friends. May God be with you during this time of need.

I never had the fortune of meeting this man personally but today when I passed the funeral home about 4, his service was still going on and the parking lot was full capacity. I could see by that this man was loved by so many and my heart goes out to his family and friends thru this tough time. May you rest in peace Mr VanVleet.

I had an appointment on Friday.....As I walked to the door and saw the wreath - In Memory to Bill - I started crying......This man was SO wonderful during my pregnancy and during my labor 7 years ago. He was on duty when I arrived at the hospital in labor. He was incredible. I've relived his care many times to expectant moms and friends as we've shared our labor stories. He will always be a part of the greatest moment of my life - the birth of my only child. I wish I had a way of telling his wife the wonderful and sometimes humourous stories of their life that he told during exams and my labor. He isn't gone - he remains alive in many womens memories as he lovingly helped our children into this world. Rest in peace gentle friend.

I talked to Bill's fellow midwife last night and she was of course terribly upset. I have the address of his wife and plan to send her a card. If anyone would like to send Mrs. VanVleet a card of sympathy and a note on how Bill touched your lives you can PM me and I will get you the address. Also, Debra is planning on running an article on Bill in the Paulding paper and is requesting interviews with people who would like to contribute a touching story. PM me for that as well and I will get you in touch with Debra.

Malia