Paulding.com

My dear friend, Bob, passed away. I guess the time I had with him on Wednesday was, in deed, ordained by God for just he and I. We talked, or sat quietly, whatever he wanted to do. Just us...

While I was with him, his feet got cold so I got down on my knees on the floor before him and put some socks on his feet. At the moment of pulling up the second sock, it occurred to me how honored I was to be the one person serving him (and his family) that day and to be able do that one little act of mercy and kindness for him. It may not have seemed like much to an outsider, but the act spoke volumes to he and I. It was our special time together before he had to leave us all. I think he knew it too. When his family came back to the house, I prepared to leave and he looked at me and said "Do you have to go now?". Now I want to ask him the same thing.

My heart is broken from missing him already. My heart rejoices from his being healed in Heaven. My heart aches from knowing there are no more moments to greedily snatch up and save for a later memory. My heart hurts from the pain that his wife, daughters and granddaughters are suffering with at this time.

Bob...you will be missed more than you could ever know. You are a giant among men. I know that you are being welcomed Home by the Father, hearing the words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant".

Bob's Obituary

God bless you, Lisa. This is such a very difficult time for you. I'm glad to know you had some special time together before he passed - memories that you will treasure forever in your heart. He has left an incredible legacy behind. Thank you for being faithful to pass that legacy on!

Thank y'all so very very much. I have cried, been comforted and cried some more. I know in time it gets easier to bear. My main concern is for his family. He truly was one of a kind and I hope to be able to help them cope with and then finally accept his passing. His daughters are my best friends and I hurt for them more than I do for myself.

It does help me to be able to share here. I know this is a message board. I also know that at the other end of all these computers that sign on, are people with hearts as big as ocean. Thanks so much for letting me share. :)

I know you just posted about how wonderful it was to be honored to spend time with Bob and help out his "immediate" family members, I'm so sorry to hear it was such a short time ....

May Bob rest-in-peace and may you find peace within your memories ....