Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Aiken

Thomas Homer Aiken, Jr. (Tommy), age 47, a lifelong resident of Dallas, passed away on Friday, June 13, 2008. He was born on August 2, 1960 in Atlanta, GA. Tommy was a cattle farmer and avid gardener of flowers and vegetables. He was a lifelong ornithologist and raised many varieties of fowl. All visitors to his home viewed his birds and learned about his hobbies. Any animal or pet that needed a new home was welcomed at his farm. He was a loving and caring person who was always doing something special for his family and friends. Bouquets from his garden were a favorite gift. He loved entertaining at his home. His hospitality was well-known and highly enjoyed by family and friends. Tommy never met a stranger and his generosity was widespread. He was fun! He was our son, our brother, our uncle and most important our friend. He was deeply loved and will be greatly missed.

Surviving are his parents, Thomas & Betty Aiken of Dallas; sisters and brothers-in-law, Lisa & David Butler of Dallas and Laura & Bill Carruth of Dallas; nieces, Jodie Henson and her husband, Ashley of Dallas, Kristen, Kate and Karoline Carruth, all of Dallas; great-nephew, Asher Henson of Dallas; numerous aunts/uncles and cousins.

Funeral services will be held on Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home. The interment will follow in Mt. Zion Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Saturday from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

The years I have known you Tommy. We had so much fun. You were always finding exciting, new fun things to do and you always made me laugh and see the fun side of life. You lived for a short time on this earth, but never did you spend a day that wasn't full of fun.

To the family, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tommy, you will be missed.

From one of the "terrible T-bird" members.

Love always

Rest in Peace, Tommy. Prayers for the family. May God give you his grace, comfort and peace tonight and in the days to come. He lived life to the fullest and brought laughter wherever he went. :wub:

Edited by SeaShell

I only met Tommy once or twice when he got roped into helping us with the Historic Tour of Dallas back in 1998. The night before the tour, four of us were working into the early hours of the morning and he was a total hoot. I remember that night as a night of total laughter and was very impressed that he jumped in to help our mutual friend, Ellen Walker, as if it were his own project. I'm sorry to hear about this vital man's passing.

Betty.

:( How very sad. I was friends with his niece Jody in high school and he was always so funny and sweet the few times I was ever around him. I know Jody and the whole Aiken family will deeply miss him. Jody, if you or any of your family members are reading this - you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Ashley (K.)

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy was truly a beautiful person, he always had a smile & hug for me anytime I ran into him while I was out & about. I absolutely loved going by to see him from time to time, even if I just dropped in without calling, he always greeted me the same a big smile & hug too. He was just so much fun to spend time with!!!! I will miss you my friend...

May God Bless his Family & be with them.