4 replies to this topic

#1 Ellen

Ellen

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:49 PM

I do not actually have a recipe but I will tell you how I make the cranberry stuff that is so crunchy and good. Sweet and sour at the same time.

Toast some pecans and chop about 1 cup of them. You will also need about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of graded or chopped orange zest.

Take a bag of fresh cranberries, wash them and remove any stems. Put them in a pan with about 3/4 cup of water and 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sugar, depending on how sweet you want your relish. Boil on medium high heat (stirring constantly) until you reach a full rolling boil and boil for about 3 minutes or until it starts to thicken when cooled. (do the spoon test away from the heat). It will have pink foam on the top while it is boiling.

When it has cooked enough, remove from heat, add the chopped pecans, orange zest, and a few drops of vanilla flavoring. Place in the serving bowl after it has cooled just a bit. It will be jelled when it cools if you have boiled it long enough. If not it will still be delicious, just a little runny. blink.gif

Edited by EllenofDallas, 01 December 2004 - 09:49 PM.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure if you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Ellen

#2 TimThompson05

TimThompson05

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

Ahh, no thanks for me. I can't stand those!

#3 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,870 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Thanks Brian for finding this!
  • Brian likes this

#4 Sam Drucker

Sam Drucker

Paulding Com member

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

test

http://www.paulding.com/ads/mayberryrack.swf

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,114 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

I think what the test is supposed to prove is that the topic in this forum will show up on the recent topics list and be available for all to view.

Some folks do view just the cafe and that mods do have the ability to leave a link in the list of topics in the cafe to the topics they move.

pubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics