Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

Did Sauls resign from Paulding county football?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

I heard this last night and was wondering if it were true.
It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#2 RonBrown

RonBrown

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:24 AM

NO!
He was handing out pads yesterday after school, the boys hit the field Friday!

We ARE Paulding County
Go Dawgs!

#3 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (RonBrown @ Apr 29 2008, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO!
He was handing out pads yesterday after school, the boys hit the field Friday!

We ARE Paulding County

My son was there yesterday and he was there. Hey...when is the booster club meeting?

#4 PCHS SPORTSDAD

PCHS SPORTSDAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Apr 29 2008, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO!! He Was at the baseball Game monday
Booster club meets 2&4 tuesday of each mouth

Edited by PCHS SPORTSDAD, 30 April 2008 - 10:31 AM.

#5 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Apr 29 2008, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF NOT, HE SHOULD ASAP, Those players deserve better!

Support Paulding Schools

#6 basspro1

basspro1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

You EP guys are killing me. Please stop bashing the program whether you support it or not. These athletes feed off of the attitude of their parents and other elders. Just because you guys don't like Sauls doesn't mean these boys don't. You guys are putting a lot of stock into the "Battle of Dallas". Sauls did what he thought was best for his program and whether or not you agree with it doesn't matter. But don't bring the kids down...they need your support right now.

I am a HUGE EP fan myself but you guys have things going on over there with your coach as well. He did interview at another school this past year and didn't get the job...he is shopping and won't be there long. Reid is a GREAT coach and he has a great staff, but he isn't as committed to EP as you guys think. The boys at EP were going through the same thing a few years ago where everyone wanted a new coach. You have a great program now and I hope you guys continue to be successful...but lets root for the entire county and lets try to keep the boys heads up.

Please just support the boys at PCHS and don't bash the program.

#7 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (basspro1 @ Aug 5 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You EP guys are killing me. Please stop bashing the program whether you support it or not. These athletes feed off of the attitude of their parents and other elders. Just because you guys don't like Sauls doesn't mean these boys don't. You guys are putting a lot of stock into the "Battle of Dallas". Sauls did what he thought was best for his program and whether or not you agree with it doesn't matter. But don't bring the kids down...they need your support right now.

I am a HUGE EP fan myself but you guys have things going on over there with your coach as well. He did interview at another school this past year and didn't get the job...he is shopping and won't be there long. Reid is a GREAT coach and he has a great staff, but he isn't as committed to EP as you guys think. The boys at EP were going through the same thing a few years ago where everyone wanted a new coach. You have a great program now and I hope you guys continue to be successful...but lets root for the entire county and lets try to keep the boys heads up.

I love you BP1! wub.gif

#8 shangriLa

shangriLa

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

I am not in Paulding, but this is why I can't stand football. My son played and no matter what county you are in it's always the same. The football parents and their glory days lived vicariously through their kids. Let the kids have a good time and leave the politics out of it. It's not about you and if your kid is a good player it will be noticed and taken advantage of. If not, they will still be part of the team and have a blast. It makes me sick and ruins everybody's good time.
I *really* HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SAY, " I TOLD YOU SO..."

I told you so.

#9 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (shangriLa @ Aug 5 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not in Paulding, but this is why I can't stand football. My son played and no matter what county you are in it's always the same. The football parents and their glory days lived vicariously through their kids. Let the kids have a good time and leave the politics out of it. It's not about you and if your kid is a good player it will be noticed and taken advantage of. If not, they will still be part of the team and have a blast. It makes me sick and ruins everybody's good time.

Werd! I love you too SL! wub.gif I love football though!

#10 shangriLa

shangriLa

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Hairazor @ Aug 5 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Werd! I love you too SL! wub.gif I love football though!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
I *really* HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SAY, " I TOLD YOU SO..."

I told you so.

#11 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (basspro1 @ Aug 5 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BP1, Please go back and read my posts, Inever said anything about those players, They are great kids and players and almost beat us last year. I just do not think it is fair for them that Sauls made the decision to quit such a meaningful intercounty game to try to selfishly keep his job! He was quoted as saying that he would not play the game anymore because he could not afford to lose the first game of the season , That it was so demoraleizing to his team last year that they never recovered and could not go thru that again. You say or call it what you want but that's a selfish coward of a coach that needs to go, but thats the pc fans deceision to keep a Coach like that around. I will say it again those boys deserve better than that! If he told them the real reason he chose not to play the game, they would think differently! Ihope they win every game this year and wish them the best of luck, but I still feel the way I feel biggrin.gif
Support Paulding Schools

#12 basspro1

basspro1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Whatever reason he did it for doesn't matter...he did what he thought was best for his program.

I have read several of your posts and you have never said anything bad about the boys. I just wish people would drop the whole thing and just let the boys play. If the people around the county doesn't show support for the program, how the hell are the boys supposed to.

I am not saying that Sauls is the answer at PCHS...by any means, but he is currently the coach and we need to just support him for the boys sake.

I also don't think that the parents are the ones making this call...you know how Segars is. He is going to have the final call and that's that. I know several parents that are seeking a change, but Segars likes to pull rank.

BTW...what's up Hairrazor. Good to hear from you! Hope you had a great summer

#13 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

I have the most fun with county games.. there is so much energy and excitement in the whole place. It's an entire community routing for a game. I hate that PCHS has pulled out of playing. sad.gif Its also sad for the Coach and his family that the Battle of Dallas was named for... I'm sure his family looked forward to the game and the awards ceremony each year. I wonder if they were consulted before PCHS pulled out. If not, that was an injustice.

#14 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

dirol.gif i will tell you this why don't all of you EP and PCHS come on over to HIRAM we have THE best COACHING STAFF every . they may not be perfect all the time but they are there for those player.
clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
GO HORNETS

now that i said that let this thing go GOOD luck to all teams i am just glad it football time yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Edited by hornetsfan, 05 August 2008 - 06:12 PM.

#15 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (basspro1 @ Aug 5 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever reason he did it for doesn't matter...he did what he thought was best for his program.

I have read several of your posts and you have never said anything bad about the boys. I just wish people would drop the whole thing and just let the boys play. If the people around the county doesn't show support for the program, how the hell are the boys supposed to.

I am not saying that Sauls is the answer at PCHS...by any means, but he is currently the coach and we need to just support him for the boys sake.

I also don't think that the parents are the ones making this call...you know how Segars is. He is going to have the final call and that's that. I know several parents that are seeking a change, but Segars likes to pull rank.

Absolutely....What is important here are the boys that bust their butts out there for the love of playing the game of football. We need to support them in a positive way. They deserve that. What is done is done, and what we got is what we got.
Segars definitely likes to have the last say, the last word, and pull rank. So I think you should go to the school vent and bash him. Let the boys play football and focus on their season. biggrin.gif

Hey BP! drinks.gif Summers been great! Hope you and yours are well! wink.gif

#16 Hairazor

Hairazor

Salon Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (hornetsfan @ Aug 5 2008, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now that i said that let this thing go GOOD luck to all teams i am just glad it football time yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Woo Hoo!! That's the spirit! Gooooooooooooo Paulding County! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Crap! Ya'll made me late for booster

#17 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

dirol.gif i will tell you this why don't all of you EP and PCHS come on over to HIRAM we have THE best COACHING STAFF every . they may not be perfect all the time but they are there for those player.
GO HORNETS

Bring it to the BONEYARD tongue.gif cool.gif
Posted Image

#18 smy34

smy34

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

When we get a few more high schools, from A to 5A it will again be impossible.....do you people understand that every team cannot play for a lifetime in this county with 26,000 students. Yesterday I heard that Cherokee had 36,000 students....there is no way that all of the schools can play each other. Now with that said, here's my bet, Coach Reid will be gone on the first flight to a bigger school, his statement was that he wanted his children to have the HOPE scholarship, and if you did not read his statements in a local magazine....he basically trashed EPHS and got called on the carpet....now Coach Sauls is a family man, great role model, again everyone is not a D-1 player but he has had several continue.....guess what even one that is an asst coach and educated....get off his back....go after Mr. Segars.....he is the one that is running the truck....and cannot.....it is over and when your student graduates....we will see if you still go to the games....

#19 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (basspro1 @ Aug 5 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hear ya BP1, YOUR RIGHT ON ABOUT THE SEAGARS THING! Maybe yall can band together and make some changes soon. Good luck this season. I've been there man. You can make a change if yall stick together. biggrin.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#20 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

GO HORNETS

We will deal with yall next Friday brother!!!!! Better be ready! THE BEAST FROM THE EAST IS WAITING ON YA!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#21 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (smy34 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When we get a few more high schools, from A to 5A it will again be impossible.....do you people understand that every team cannot play for a lifetime in this county with 26,000 students. Yesterday I heard that Cherokee had 36,000 students....there is no way that all of the schools can play each other. Now with that said, here's my bet, Coach Reid will be gone on the first flight to a bigger school, his statement was that he wanted his children to have the HOPE scholarship, and if you did not read his statements in a local magazine....he basically trashed EPHS and got called on the carpet....now Coach Sauls is a family man, great role model, again everyone is not a D-1 player but he has had several continue.....guess what even one that is an asst coach and educated....get off his back....go after Mr. Segars.....he is the one that is running the truck....and cannot.....it is over and when your student graduates....we will see if you still go to the games....
Make excuses if you want I know what he said, My students have not graduated yet!!! I will be at every game do you want the seat# and section so you can come visit? Who do you pull for anyway! Ken Phillipps would not have ran with his tail between his legs from a game,Segars or no Segars ,I will gauarntee you that!!!!!!! wink.gif

Edited by nativeson1, 05 August 2008 - 09:23 PM.

Support Paulding Schools

#22 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We will deal with yall next Friday brother!!!!! Better be ready! THE BEAST FROM THE EAST IS WAITING ON YA!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

WE WILL good.gif and then we can tell you where to stick thank bomb.gif nea.gif
i just hope it don't storm this year dirol.gif

#23 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

we are yong this year b/c we had 35 seniors to move on from last year but i think we will be ok good.gif

Edited by hornetsfan, 06 August 2008 - 05:25 AM.

#24 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (shangriLa @ Aug 5 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The football parents and their glory days lived vicariously through their kids. Let the kids have a good time and leave the politics out of it.

yup...some take it too serious. In the end it is only high school football.

#25 smy34

smy34

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

Yes, nativeson1 I am sure you have your seats....and I am PROUD....one Point....have you have met Mr. Segars, or have you worked with him in anyway.....until you do....you cannot make that statement.....Ken would understand with the growth and situations.....I think I may have known him just a little longer than you.....

#26 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (smy34 @ Aug 6 2008, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, nativeson1 I am sure you have your seats....and I am PROUD....one Point....have you have met Mr. Segars, or have you worked with him in anyway.....until you do....you cannot make that statement.....Ken would understand with the growth and situations.....I think I may have known him just a little longer than you.....
I have met Mr. Seagars and have saw first hand how he DICTATES over that school. Its not a contest of how long each of us has known Coach Phillipps, I will say this , Mrs. Phillipps will tell you the same thing that Ken would have never ran from playing that game or any other no matter how many people live in this county! But if your post justifies and makes you feel better about the selfish cowardly act that Seagars and Sauls pulled off then so be it!!!!!! biggrin.gif They done the Patriot fans and players WRONG!!!!! mad.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#27 PCHS SPORTSDAD

PCHS SPORTSDAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the hornets in this game!! GO HORNETS!!

#28 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (PCHS SPORTSDAD @ Aug 11 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you GO HORNETS clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

#29 fanaticraiderfan

fanaticraiderfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (PCHS SPORTSDAD @ Aug 11 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops!!!
as far as the rest---what's done is done.just hate that in mine's sr. year---he doesn't get to play in the "biggest" game in the county,especially after playing in the last couple.alot of the srs on both sides wanted to have "eternal" bragging rights by winning it their sr year.and alot of the boys from both sides are friends off the field(well , at least out of football season...)
good luck to all!!!

Edited by fanaticraiderfan, 17 August 2008 - 10:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics