Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Roberts

Mr. Alva Roberts, age 73, of Hiram, passed away on Sunday, November 21, 2004. He was born on July 28, 1931 in Paulding County to the late Tyra and Ida Fields Roberts. He was retired from Georgia Power after 34 years of service. He was a member of Pickett’s Mill Baptist Church and was an Army veteran. Mr. Roberts was preceded in death by his brothers, W. B. Roberts and Linder T. Roberts; his Father and Mother-in-law, Clinton and Florene Palmer.

Surviving are his wife of 51 years, Jean Roberts; a son and daughter-in-law, Wayne and Rosalinda Roberts of Dallas; a daughter, Pam King of Hiram; a brother, Cleveland Roberts of Hiram; sisters, Marvine Hicks of Douglasville and Sally Hicks of Dallas; grandchildren, Shannon Dudley, Cynthia Dudley and Courtney Roberts; a great-grandchild, Morgan Dudley; step-grandchildren, Larry King Jr., Kris King, Brandi Brown, Ruby Frausto and Isai Frausto.

Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 at 2:00 p.m. from Pickett’s Mill Baptist Church with Reverend Tony Samples and Mr. Don Hamby officiating. The interment will follow in Poplar Springs Baptist Church Cemetery with Calvin Thompson, Glen Ragsdale, Earl Floyd, Eddie West, Bill Hembree, Larry Nix and Joe Morgan serving as pallbearers. A host of his Beagle Club friends will serve as honorary pallbearers. The family will receive friends on Tuesday from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

Surviving are his wife of 51 years, Jean Roberts;

Does anyone know if this is the same person that worked for the school for so many years? I know the name but I can't remember if it was Hiram Ele. or the Jr. High or High School. I am thinking Hiram Ele. It has been many years since I attended there but I know the name.

His wife, Jean Roberts, was the secretary at Hiram Elementary for many years. She retired from there in the early 90's if my memory serves me correctly. Both of my kids attended school there -the youngest is now 22 - and Mrs. Roberts retired when she was either in 4th or 5th grade. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

• 2 weeks later...
His wife, Jean Roberts, was the secretary at Hiram Elementary for many years.  She retired from there in the early 90's if my memory serves me correctly.  Both of my kids attended school there -the youngest is now 22 - and Mrs. Roberts retired when she was either in 4th or 5th grade.  I'm so sorry to hear about this.

What's your child's name? I'm 22, and I also attended Hiram Elem. I believe Mrs. Roberts left the year I went to middle school. That's when Mrs. Brooks took over.

Hey KSUgal....my daughter's name is Ashley Howard. She also attends KSU. What's your name? Best I can remember, Jean Roberts retired and Pam Brooks became the school secretary the year Ashley was in 5th grade so you may be a year ahead of her. Small world...huh? :)