Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

Does anyone have a good chicken recipe ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Paulap

Paulap

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

Does anyone have a good chicken recipe for dinner ???? wink.gif
[

#2 Horsepower

Horsepower

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

Marinade in vodka, lemon juice, & garlic.........then grill.
WHEN LIFE GETS ROUGH.....RIDE IT OUT.

Posted Image

#3 JerryLovedLSU

JerryLovedLSU

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Horsepower @ Apr 9 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marinade in vodka, lemon juice, & garlic.........then grill.

Doesn't that catch fire on the grill?

Serious question.

#4 LuV D@ M0N3Y

LuV D@ M0N3Y

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

Shake and Bake orginal .. but instead of dipping your chicken in water use REAL lemon juice .. it is good .. put some italian season ..

And if you getting Italian Dressing by Ken's ..

pour it in a pan with your checken breast and bake it is good .. they zeisty kind is good too

In Loving Memory Of Joshua Lee Paschal

Posted Image

#5 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

This is my top secret recipe for chicken -- I call it KFC. You stop by the closest KFC, order chicken (and sides if you want to eliminate the need to cook anything), don't forget the biscuits. Take it home, put it on a plate and dinner is ready. biggrin.gif

If you want my recipe for hot wings or BBQ, just let me know. wink.gif
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#6 blessed mess

blessed mess

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

One of my FAVORITES from childhood and now one of my family's FAVORITES is to start the grill on high then turn to medium. Place chicken on and add pickle juice to the upper side. After about 5-7 min. turn over and put some pickle juice on the other. Just keep turning while chicken is cooking and each time you turn splash on some more pickle juice (you can use a brush or just spoon onto chicken). Made this just last week and it was soooo juicy.

#7 MAJKMom

MAJKMom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

at this hour....italian dressing marinated and grilled!! Yummy!! With some rice and fruit or something, simple, but yummy!

#8 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

Marinate with Italian dressing & pineapple juice a couple of hours or over night. Grill, when almost done grill the pineapples.

#9 bookreader

bookreader

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

Take your chicken and wash it off and get it wet. Roll it in the Italian breadcrumbs. Put it in a pan sprayed with cooking spray and put in preheated oven at 425. Cook for about 30 minutes, then pull out sprinkle mozzarella cheese (or parmesian). Put back in the oven for about 10 more minutes for the cheese to melt over the top. It is yummy and both my kids love this.

#10 poochie

poochie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

I made a delicious chicken dish the other night. I used chicken breasts and thighs (the old-fashioned kind with bone and skin). Sprinkled the skin with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder. Then sprinkled a little olive oil over them. Squeezed some fresh lemon over them, and threw the lemon pieces in the baking dish. Then I added green olives and 10 cloves of garlic. I put a tiny pat of butter on each piece of chicken. Then I baked it on 325 for about an hour. Right before serving it, I turned the broiler on and got the skin good and crispy. I served it with egg noodles and green beans. My husband and mom loved it! The garlic gets good and squishy. It is wonderful smeared on a piece of crusty french bread.
Next time I am going to mix green and black olives and add a little more lemon juice!

#11 ihaveadog

ihaveadog

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,866 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

A really simple one, marinate the chicken in soy sauce for a while. Then grill it, the longer it marinates the better, it comes out juicy with a bit of a sweet taste.

I fantasize about my dogs having jobs. I pretend that both of them are window cleaners and their kennel is their first starter home. I think the bigger dog is trying to bump off the smaller dog so he can have the kennel to himself. I know I have a problem, but don't animals have to earn a living too?

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

The more I see of humans, the more I admire dogs.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

The dog is a gentleman, I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.

#12 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,491 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

I like Ranch chicken for a "fast marinade" grill or chicken quesadillas for left over cooked chicken .....

Ranch Chicken
1 TB red wine vinegar
2 TB olive oil
2 TB ranch dressing mix (in a package)

Put into a plastic bag with about 1# boneless chicken breasts for about 30-45 minutes. Grill or broil until done (discard marinade).

Quesadilla
tortillas
cooked/shredded chicken
mexican blended cheese
sides: salsa, guacamole, rice, pineapple -- whatever you like smile.gif

Take a tortilla and put on chicken and cheese (can add green chilies chopped if you like), put on another tortilla and pan fry or bake. Add sides ......
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#13 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (ihave2dogs @ Apr 9 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A really simple one, marinate the chicken in soy sauce for a while. Then grill it, the longer it marinates the better, it comes out juicy with a bit of a sweet taste.

Wouldn't that need to be teryaki sauce to give it the sweet flavor? Sounds good by the way.

#14 St. GTJacket

St. GTJacket

Master of all I Survey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

I mix plain vanilla ff yogurt, egg white and dijon mustard. In a food processor make about 1/2 cup of corn flake crumbs and add to itallian seasoned bread crumbs. Add a little garlic powder and red pepper to the dry mix. Dip chicken breast in yogurt mixture and roll in dry mix.

Place on lightly sprayed baking sheet or dish. Lightly spray the top of the chicken with EVOO spray. Bake in the oven for about 35 min on 375.

It tastes so much like fried chicken with out the fat and the mess!
My Webpage

#15 ihaveadog

ihaveadog

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,866 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (juleebella @ Apr 9 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't that need to be teryaki sauce to give it the sweet flavor? Sounds good by the way.

Nope, it's soy sauce. I got it from my mom, she was up here a couple weeks ago and made it that way. I asked her how she did it, and she said all she does is marinate it in soy sauce.

I fantasize about my dogs having jobs. I pretend that both of them are window cleaners and their kennel is their first starter home. I think the bigger dog is trying to bump off the smaller dog so he can have the kennel to himself. I know I have a problem, but don't animals have to earn a living too?

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

The more I see of humans, the more I admire dogs.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

The dog is a gentleman, I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.

#16 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

This is one of my favorites!

Roast Sticky Chicken
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
tsp. garlic powder
tsp. black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion

Preparation:
In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove the giblets from chicken; clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to roast the chicken, stuff cavity with onions and place in a shallow baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 250F for 5 hours. After the first hour, baste the chicken occasionally (about every 30 minutes or so) with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of the pan and the chicken will turn golden brown. If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it. Let the chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#17 Georgia Transplant

Georgia Transplant

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

http://allrecipes.co...sts/Detail.aspx

I made this the other night and it was great. Amazing taste but not over the top spicy. You have to try it, takes very little prep time.

#18 arphoto

arphoto

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

My favorite is Poppy Seed Chicken Cassarole.... SOOO GOOD!!! I got the recipe from my college roommate and have been making it ever since!

Poppy Seed Chicken Cassarole (Serves 5 - 6, you can also double or half the recipe. We normally make two smaller 2-3 serving cassaroles and freeze one. If you are going to freeze one, just don't add the ritz to the top. Just add those right before you bake it)

You Need:

One whole chicken (either whole, or "whole chicken cut up" make sure the bones and skin are included)
One large container of sour cream
Two small cans of condensed Cream of Chicken soup
Poppy Seeds
Salt and Pepper
Celery/Onion
One sleeve Ritz Crackers
1/2 stick butter or margarine
9x13 cassarole dish (or two smaller dishes)

Steps: (If the chicken is whole, cut up into parts.)

1. Boil chicken with a few stalks of celery and onions for 30 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and let cool.
3. While chicken is cooling, make the sour cream sauce (see below)
4. Shred chicken into cassarole dish, disgarding all skin and bones.
5. Pour sour cream mixture over chicken
6. In a ziplock bag, combine one sleeve of ritz crackers and 1/2 stick melted butter. Crush crackers into small bits, and shake to evenly distribute butter.
7. Sprinkle ritz on top of cassarole
8. Bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes (or until the ritz are golden and the edges are bubbley)

Sour Cream Sauce:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine large container of sour cream, two small cans of condensed Cream of Chicken soup.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Add 3-4 heaping tablespoons of poppy seeds.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix everything together
6. Chill in refridgerator until ready to add to shreaded chicken.

Edited by arphoto, 09 April 2008 - 08:49 PM.

Hello, I'm Ashley...

and I shoot people for a living.

#19 CornyGirl

CornyGirl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

Chicken Divan Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking

2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
6 cups shredded chicken, cooked
2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a casserole dish. Add the shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.

Cook's Note: Try topping with Cheddar or Gruyere cheese.

Easy Casserole that's even better if you cook it the day before (minus the bread crumbs), put it in the fridge to "meld" and then reheat the next day in the oven with the bread crumbs...... as my husband would say (an original Paulding County boy)
"It'll make a puppy pull a frieght train!"

Edited by CornyGirl, 09 April 2008 - 10:04 PM.

CornyGirl
BE A BONE MARROW/STEM CELL DONOR
Visit My Website

#20 JBrigman

JBrigman

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

I have a yummy recipe that calls for Dorito's, crush them, dredge in butter and then smached Dorito's with a few other things like sale and bake in the oven. Fast & Easy!
Don't Litter -- Fix Your Critter! And remember, rescued animals make the best pets!

#21 Squiggle

Squiggle

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

I have a couple of fast, easy chicken recipes that I make when I am in a hurry. The first I call

Chicken Almondine-speedy
Place boneless chicken in a casserole dish, top with cream of chicken soup salt and pepper, then sprinkle lots of sliced almonds on top and bake at 350 until done. I serve it with rice usually, and a green vegetable.

the second is

Rotel Cheesy Chicken
In a skillet saute boneless chicken until alost done, then top with a can of mexican style rotel tomatoes and shredded cheese. Cover until cheese melts.

My family loves both of these, and they are soooo easy.
Squiggle

#22 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (DallasRed @ Apr 9 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one of my favorites!

Roast Sticky Chicken
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
tsp. garlic powder
tsp. black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion

Preparation:
In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove the giblets from chicken; clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to roast the chicken, stuff cavity with onions and place in a shallow baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 250F for 5 hours. After the first hour, baste the chicken occasionally (about every 30 minutes or so) with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of the pan and the chicken will turn golden brown. If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it. Let the chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.

That's one of my favorites too!

#23 Momof1

Momof1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Take your bonless skinless chicken breast and drip in well beaten egg and the in crushed frech fried onions and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 min to 1 hour. The most moist and tender chicken ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics