62 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,772 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

On March 29, 2008 I lost part of my Heart.. I lost my Daddy; I want to share the last couple of his days here on this earth with all of you since you have traveled this journey with me since May of last year.

Daddy knew who I was up till Friday Night, we talked, and I told him over and over how much I loved him, and he Thanked me for helping take care of him and spending the last year of my life with him, He said he knew it was not easy for me to put him before my own life, with me trying to work, and take care of my family, but if it was possibly he loved me even more for taking the last year of my life and giving it to him.

Saturday morning he was pretty much out of it, he was going back in time, and he worked me and my sister like crazy building a building that we had helped him on when we still lived at home. His little hands was just a working, he completed the building and told me he was tired. So I told him to rest Daddy, he had worked hard all of his life and now he needed to rest, and I would finish up what had to be completed, he said ok. I told him I loved him with all my heart.

Two hours later my daddy took his last breath on this side of this earth. He passed peaceful, and as he took his last breath my hand was on his heart and I was holding his hand. He did not struggle for air, he did not choke, he went without pain, and closed his eyes.

It is still hard for me to believe that my Daddy is gone. I just can not believe it, I came home Monday evening, to let my mama have her time to grieve for my Daddy, I have spent the last 2 weeks by my Daddys side, and then by my Mamas side. We have cried, and laughed, and then at times just sit and said nothing.

I will miss my Daddy but I would not bring him back for anything in this world, for him to have to go through what he did this past year.

I want to thank everyone for your prayers, phone calls, cards, flowers, food, the Angels that where left here at my home for me all have been placed in a memorial garden for my Daddy that I have made. But most of all I am so Thankful that God seen fit to take my Daddy peacefully.

Rest in Peace Daddy May the Angels watch over you
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#2 lulu

lulu

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

so sorry for your loss sad.gif

Posted Image

#3 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

I too am sorry for your loss, I know how it is to lose your parents.

#4 GeorgiaTornado

GeorgiaTornado

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Apr 9 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On March 29, 2008 I lost part of my Heart.. I lost my Daddy; I want to share the last couple of his days here on this earth with all of you since you have traveled this journey with me since May of last year.

Daddy knew who I was up till Friday Night, we talked, and I told him over and over how much I loved him, and he Thanked me for helping take care of him and spending the last year of my life with him, He said he knew it was not easy for me to put him before my own life, with me trying to work, and take care of my family, but if it was possibly he loved me even more for taking the last year of my life and giving it to him.

Saturday morning he was pretty much out of it, he was going back in time, and he worked me and my sister like crazy building a building that we had helped him on when we still lived at home. His little hands was just a working, he completed the building and told me he was tired. So I told him to rest Daddy, he had worked hard all of his life and now he needed to rest, and I would finish up what had to be completed, he said ok. I told him I loved him with all my heart.

Two hours later my daddy took his last breath on this side of this earth. He passed peaceful, and as he took his last breath my hand was on his heart and I was holding his hand. He did not struggle for air, he did not choke, he went without pain, and closed his eyes.

It is still hard for me to believe that my Daddy is gone. I just can not believe it, I came home Monday evening, to let me mama have her time to grieve for my Daddy, I have spent the last 2 weeks by my Daddy’s side, and then by my Mama’s side. We have cried, and laughed, and then at times just sit and said nothing.

I will miss my Daddy but I would not bring him back for anything in this world, for him to have to go through what he did this past year.

I want to thank everyone for your prayers, phone calls, cards, flowers, food, the Angels that where left here at my home for me all have been placed in a memorial garden for my Daddy that I have made. But most of all I am so Thankful that God seen fit to take my Daddy peacefully.

Rest in Peace Daddy……. May the Angels watch over you

You are a very sweet and loving daughter! How proud he must have been. I'm very sorry for your loss. Cherish every moment. I wish I would have had the chance to do what you did with my mom.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

#5 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

wub.gif
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#6 Murphyfallsdown

Murphyfallsdown

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

my prayers are with you and your family so sorry for your loss
"May No Soldier Go Unloved. May No Soldier Walk Alone. May No Soldier Be Forgotten. Until They All Come Home." ~ Patti Patton-Bader

no greater love has a man then to lay down his life for another.
john 15:13

It is the Military who salutes the flag
who serves beneath the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag
- support our Troops -

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.
[/b]

#7 PauldingPeach

PauldingPeach

Caught In The Twillight Zone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

God bless you Lady Raider.
Formerly Dogz~n~Katz

#8 Bouquet

Bouquet

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

My prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
Denise

I love you and miss you. Rest in peace my loves.

Ashton, Tristen, Phillip Aaron

#9 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

wub.gif you Lady Raider. Please let me know if you need anything.

#10 1stimemom

1stimemom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

Thank you for sharing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. wub.gif
Posted Image

#11 Meth Alliance of Paulding

Meth Alliance of Paulding

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

I am so sorry. I lost my daddy 12 yrs ago, and it took a long time before I got used to him not being there. I picked up the phone several times to call him, and would realized he wasn't there anymore to call.

#12 QTee

QTee

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

I want to personally Thank you for sharing that. You had me in tears ...sweet tears...cause your father passed knowing and feeling so much Love.

That is so truly beautiful!!!! wub.gif

LR, you are such a wonderful spirit!
Again Thank You!!!

XOXOXO,
~QTee

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think ~QTee 2/12/2008

#13 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

I know it's been a long and arduous battle for not only your father but your entire family. While I know you'll miss him, I'm glad he has moved on to the next world. Prayers for your family! sleep.gif

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."—Mark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#14 lillaroo

lillaroo

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

I know that this is something that you have been dealing with for a while. My thought are with you and hope that you can find comfort and understanding.

#15 B Moncrief

B Moncrief

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

I have not been a memeber on here for as long as you have been going through what you have, but I am truly sorry.

My grandmother passed in the same way and I was by her side as she took her last breath. It is so comforting knowing that they didn't struggle. I remember the feeling of sadness and joy all mixed together. How proud he must be of you for staying by his side and taking care of him. Like others have said, he went knowing how much he was loved and that within its self is so wonderful. wub.gif

What an incredible spirit you have. Thanks so much for sharing such a personnel story. It has touched my heart and I'm sure many others. You are in my thoughts.

~Wendy~

#16 hwood

hwood

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Sorry for your loss LR
May God be with you in your time of need sad.gif
The task ahead of you is never as GREAT as the power behind you

#17 BGR853

BGR853

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

It is still hard for me to believe that my Daddy is gone. I just can not believe it, I came home Monday evening, to let me mama have her time to grieve for my Daddy, I have spent the last 2 weeks by my Daddy’s side, and then by my Mama’s side. We have cried, and laughed, and then at times just sit and said nothing.

God bless you, LR. I lost my Daddy in 1992 but he visits often in my dreams.
LLF

#18 babydoll

babydoll

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that even in this sad time there were some very precious memories that you will add to past memories. What a wonderful story that you shared; thank you.
"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King

#19 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

A beautiful passing in the arms of love... we all should be so lucky when it is time to go...

Many prayers of peace and comfort for your family.

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#20 Hiram guy 21010

Hiram guy 21010

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

May God grant you peace. Even though it is time for them, and they are no longer in pain, it isn't easy to let them go.

#21 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,583 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. May your daddy rest in peace. God bless.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#22 Nicki20

Nicki20

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

this made me cry and think of my daddy that i just lost....im so very sorry for your loss.

#23 ga_dawg_fan

ga_dawg_fan

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

This brings back so many memories of when my father-in-law passed away. Although our hearts long for him, we take comfort in knowing he is at peace. It sounds as if you are experiencing that same comfort LR. We will continue to lift you up in our prayers.

#24 sand2400

sand2400

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

God Bless you LR- you gave him the best gift of all- your love. May God be with you during this difficult time.

#25 frontporchmom

frontporchmom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

LR, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

#26 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

I'm so sorry and I know you are in a lot of pain. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You have an angel that is watching over you and I pray that brings you some comfort and that you feel him close to you. wub.gif

Scarlet

#27 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

I had you heavy on my mind today and now I know why with seeing this post.

May your memories help ease your heartache .....

Rest in Peace LR's Daddy.

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#28 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Father sounded like a wonderful man.
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#29 noonehere

noonehere

Paulding Com member

• Membr
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

Prayers for peace and comfort LR...you wrote an amazing tribute to your daddy, and a daughter's love wub.gif

#30 PamelaF_222

PamelaF_222

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

Lady Raider,
I know what you are going through and I'm so very sorry for your loss. I went through the very same thing with my dad. It was peaceful at the end also. I saw your post and prayed that it would be the same for him. I'll pray now that joy of knowing that he is no longer suffering eases some of the pain. I know it won't ease all of it. My prayers are wit you and your family!

God Bless,
Pamela

#31 Jetasmom

Jetasmom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. The hardest thing I had to do was let go of my Daddy. I still miss him. sad.gif The one comfort I have is that he is no longer in pain or trembling or in a fog. He is finally and deservingly at peace.

Bless you and your family.
Formally Jetsmom - edited to finally include the final baby's initial. ;)

#32 drosser

drosser

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

God bless you, LR. You will be in my prayers.

#33 traveling man

traveling man

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

So sorry for your loss. May God be with you and bless you during this difficult time. I can feel your pain, I lost my daddy in 1990 and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of him.

#34 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you had the chance to say goodbye.

#35 nicnicw

nicnicw

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

God bless you and your family LR! I know you are very thankful and happy that you got to be by his side in his final days. You are a very strong lady!
Posted Image

#36 bunny

bunny

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Apr 9 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#37 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss sad.gif

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#38 GO*BAMA

GO*BAMA

In War, Everday is Memorial Day! SEMPER FI!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

What a wonderful tribute your life will be to your Daddy- still praying for you LR. wub.gif
What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
Sometimes love has to drive a nail into it's on hand!

Posted Image Posted Image In honor of my cuz who's serving in Iraq! [size=1][color="#4169E1"]

#39 Butterfly Nanny

Butterfly Nanny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Prayers for you, your family and friends

http://www.allonsalon.net/allonsalonsignature.swf

www.AllonSalon.net

#40 Laurel Bay

Laurel Bay