10 replies to this topic

#1 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

I'm looking for a recipe for baked potato casserole. Anybody have a good one that they love? There are a bunch on the internet, and I tried the Southern Living one and only liked it okay. It called for frozen mashed potatoes. huh.gif
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#2 EmoBoy86

EmoBoy86

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

Ingredients:
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1-1/2 pounds small red-skinned pototoes, scrubbed, unpeeled
3 teaspoons salt, divided
3 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Shortening
OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks
2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preparation Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut potatoes into quarters. Place in large saucepan. Cover potatoes with water. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Cook about 15 to 20 minutes or just until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain. Place in prepared dish.
3. While potatoes are cooking melt shortening in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Whisk until well combined. Gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, 3 tablespoons chives and 1 cup cheese. Pour evenly over potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining chives.

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Madea

Madea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

My hero, I knew I wub.gif you! biggrin.gif

So, you've tried this one and it's really good?
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#4 EmoBoy86

EmoBoy86

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Madea @ Mar 12 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My hero, I knew I wub.gif you! biggrin.gif

So, you've tried this one and it's really good?

I have: my mom and sister makes this.

Its called twice baked potato cassarole.. yummy
Posted Image

#5 Madea

Madea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (EmoBoy86 @ Mar 12 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have: my mom and sister makes this.

Its called twice baked potato cassarole.. yummy

Can't wait to try it, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

#6 EmoBoy86

EmoBoy86

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:38 PM

ANYTIME smile.gif wub.gif
Posted Image

#7 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,533 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Madea @ Mar 11 2008, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to try it, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Madea, please let me know how this was too. It sounds great!
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

#8 TOW2topgun

TOW2topgun

Chick's Play Thang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:36 AM

QUICK!!!!!!!!!! Someone tell copschick that this is EXTREMEMLY healthy and she should feed this to me EVERYNIGHT! Sounds good!

PRE-EMPTIVE DISCLAIMER: This is not a racist comment. If you think it's racist, you should examine your own principles. VIMH

#9 copschick

copschick

Tow's top chick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Tow2topgun @ Mar 14 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUICK!!!!!!!!!! Someone tell copschick that this is EXTREMEMLY healthy and she should feed this to me EVERYNIGHT! Sounds good!

I can read MORON. It's not healthy. I can fix it for our cheat night next week
Posted Image

#10 TOW2topgun

TOW2topgun

Chick's Play Thang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (copschick @ Mar 14 2008, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can read MORON. It's not healthy. I can fix it for our cheat night next week

How bout you fix it tonight and when we get back from dinner, we can eat this for desert? tongue.gif
PRE-EMPTIVE DISCLAIMER: This is not a racist comment. If you think it's racist, you should examine your own principles. VIMH

#11 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,583 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (EmoBoy86 @ Mar 12 2008, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ingredients:
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1-1/2 pounds small red-skinned pototoes, scrubbed, unpeeled
3 teaspoons salt, divided
3 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Shortening
OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks
2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preparation Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut potatoes into quarters. Place in large saucepan. Cover potatoes with water. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Cook about 15 to 20 minutes or just until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain. Place in prepared dish.
3. While potatoes are cooking melt shortening in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Whisk until well combined. Gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, 3 tablespoons chives and 1 cup cheese. Pour evenly over potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining chives.

Thanks for the recipe, printing off for tonight! Sounds heavenly.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics