2 replies to this topic

#1 yodiggity

yodiggity

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:54 AM

I will be making Cornish hens for our Vday dinner tomorrow night. Does anyone have a good recipe? Do you just cook them like a miniature turkey?? I looked on Foodnetwork.com but none of the recipes were all too appealing to me.

Thanks!
"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 PinkCrickett

PinkCrickett

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

Place them in some foil(individually)with some veggies, pineapple and GOLDEN mushroom soup and bake accordingly.

#3 shangriLa

shangriLa

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,344 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

Apricot-Glazed Cornish Hens
Country Woman

These savory hens are a tasty sized-right twist on the conventional bird. Filled with a well-seasoned stuffing, they make perfect individual servings, reveals Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "The hens smell so good while baking, folks can hardly wait to eat," she smiles.

SERVINGS: 4

CATEGORY: Main Dish

METHOD: Baked

TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons chopped celery
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1/4 cup butter, cubed
3 cups dry bread cubes
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 to 4 tablespoons chicken broth
4 Cornish game hens (1-1/4 pounds each)
1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves, warmed
4 green onions (green part only), optional
Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
Directions:
In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender; remove from heat. Add the bread, mushrooms and seasonings. Toss with enough chicken broth just to moisten.
Stuff hens. Tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a large shallow baking pan. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Brush with preserves. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear, basting every 10-15 minutes.
If using green onions, first soften them in boiling water or the microwave for a few seconds, then tie over the string used to tie the drumsticks together. Garnish platter with rosemary if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

http://www.tasteofho...ed-Cornish-Hens

This is one I have tried., and it is very good. Check out the link if it doesn't appeal to you because they have about 40 recipes.
I *really* HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SAY, " I TOLD YOU SO..."

I told you so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics