8 replies to this topic

#1 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

Called to preach on p.com

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Just tried this again . . . OMG!
"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (thatboyaintright @ Mar 29 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just tried this again . . . OMG!

I am truly impressed Mr BAR. I feel partly responsible wink.gif tongue.gif
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#4 Mikey

Mikey

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

We just finished off a bit of Maytag bleu-- gonna try this one.
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -- Jack Kerouac

If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then to me. MacBeth, I:3

#5 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

Goat cheese is wonderful, but you have to do something with it other than just eat it....it is too strong by itself, but when combined with some other flavors with sweet and with tang, the goat cheese comes alive and finds its niche. It is good broiled on some nice bread toast points, to eat with a tangy salad if you don't want to mess with battering and frying it.

When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#6 Mikey

Mikey

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (surepip @ Mar 29 2008, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goat cheese is wonderful, but you have to do something with it other than just eat it....it is too strong by itself, but when combined with some other flavors with sweet and with tang, the goat cheese comes alive and finds its niche. It is good broiled on some nice bread toast points, to eat with a tangy salad if you don't want to mess with battering and frying it.

Ever had goat cheese dumplings? Excellent.
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" -- Jack Kerouac

If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak then to me. MacBeth, I:3

#7 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hey Mikey,
YES! I use wonton wrappers and make goat cheese dumplings and duck liver pate' dumplings and gently boil them in duck or goose stock, somewhat reduced. Add some diced green onions and parsley and you have a meal right there.

A nice Cote du Rhone or even a white Lanzerac goes really well with some toasted baggette slices, with or without goat cheese.

Now I am getting hungry! huh.gif

#8 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (surepip @ Mar 29 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Mikey,
YES! I use wonton wrappers and make goat cheese dumplings and duck liver pate' dumplings and gently boil them in duck or goose stock, somewhat reduced. Add some diced green onions and parsley and you have a meal right there.

A nice Cote du Rhone or even a white Lanzerac goes really well with some toasted baggette slices, with or without goat cheese.

Now I am getting hungry! huh.gif

And I'm thirsty . . . biggrin.gif

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Celeste

Celeste

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (surepip @ Mar 29 2008, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhh, I'll have to disagree! Goat cheese spread on a little light cracker is the BEST ever!!! Must be enjoyed with a nice Cabernet. wink.gif
"The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind." ~ Kahlil Gibran

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics