Paulding.com

RAKESTRAW

John Wesley Rakestraw, age 50, of Rockmart, GA, passed away on Friday, February 1, 2008. He was born on August 8, 1957, in Atlanta, GA, and was preceded in death by his mother,Katherine “Trink” Rakestraw.

Mr. Rakestraw is the owner of Raker Construction Co. of Dallas, GA. Mr. Rakestraw was also the director of Georgian Bank and owner of JWR Land and Cattle Co., Rockmart GA. He was a member of Bartlett Lodge #139 F&AM; Scottish Rite Valley of Atlanta; Yaarab Shrine Temple, Atlanta; Paulding County Nobility Club; Polled Hereford Association; First Baptist Church, Dallas, GA.

Survivors include his wife Sharon Tibbitts Rakestraw; son and daughter-in-law, John Wade Rakestraw & his wife, Lindsey of Dallas, GA.; son Joshua Wesley Rakestraw of Rockmart, GA; son Jacob Weston Rakestraw of Rockmart, GA; father Tyre Louis Rakestraw of Rockmart, GA; brother, Tyre Rakestraw, Jr. and his wife Doris of Dallas, GA; sister Janet Peppers of Dallas, GA; several nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, February 5, 2008, at 2 p.m., from the First Baptist Church of Dallas, with Reverend Todd Tibbitts and Reverend Greg Potts officiating. Interment will follow in Narroway Baptist Church Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Dan Davis, Johnny Aiken, Steve Findley, Tom Boatman, Art Ragsdale, Ricky Rakestraw,Keith Butler and Steve Turner. Honorary Pallbearers will be Steve Rakestraw, Keith Rakestraw, Dan Rakestraw, Robin Rakestraw, Von Rakestraw and Lance Rakestraw. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday from 5:00 p.m. until 9 p.m. In lieu of flowers contributions can be made to the John Wesley Rakestraw Memorial Fund c/o Georgian Bank 3270 Florence Rd, Powder Springs Ga, 30127.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

Just saw the picture of JWR's son & daughter-in-law on the cover of the local magazine yesterday. Very sad.

Not listed in the obit, but ajc.com says that Mr. Rakestraw was also a member of the Board for the Paulding County Boys and Girls Club. I work at the corporate headquarters and I know that people who work with the kids like he did are very special people. I didn't know John Wesley. I know alot of his relatives! But, since I see that he was on this Board, I am impressed and grateful for his time with the kids. I know that being on the Board can be a tough job. I know that he probably didn't have alot of time with the kids as a Board member (but maybe he volunteered?). But, even a Board member impacts the daily lives of the children just in the decisions they make.

Rakestraw Family: I am sorry for your loss. This man was taken entirely too soon.

Tripletmom aka. Joann Redmond