Paulding.com

honoring Eric Barker and Ricky Bryant DeKalb County police officers

Friends, family, public officials and police officers from states all over the U.S. are gathering today to honor Eric Barker and Ricky Bryant, the 2 DeKalb County Police Officers who were slain last week.

I know that many police agencies are meeting at South DeKalb Mall between 7am and 9 am before driving in a processional down I-20 to New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, near Lithonia.

A service for both officers is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. The church pastor, Bishop Eddie Long, will preside and offer the eulogy; other speakers will include DeKalb Chief Executive Officer Vernon Jones, police Chief Terrell Bolton, a police chaplain and representatives of the Bryant and Barker families.

wm05sw.jpg

Eric Barker Ricky Bryant

RIP

My Hubby just called and said there is already about 50 officers from Bibb County, Symrna, Douglas, and Cobb just to name a few,at South Dekalb Mall parking Lot. He also said he thinks this is prolly the safest South DeKalb Mall has ever been.

Qtee - you are correct. There will be a long line of officers that will pay tribute to these two fallen officers. Dekalb County has lost two of their finest officers, young officers, that could have made a difference. My hubby will be in the line of officers, going to the memorial. A tribute to a fellow officers downed.

No Reason - Don't know where you have been are going with this post. All officers that have died in the line of duty(off regular time or not) have been honored, they all have received attention that they deserve. I do know of any fallen officer that has not recieved the tribute they deserve. All fallen officers recieve the tribute they deserve. What are you talking about?

What is your problem?

Why are these Cops getting so much attention when others have died IN THE LINE OF DUTY and not received an ounce of the attention these gentlemen are receiving?

Fire Away :D

I do somewhat understand what you are saying.

My whole problem with this situation is all the requests for money. Yes--8 children have lost a father, 2 women have lost their husbands. They also told on the news that these families would be the first recipiant of a million dollar life insurance policy that the county had taken out for any officers killed in the line of duty. They will also draw the Social Security for all these children. These families will not be poor, like some of the radio stations are making out.

Just kindof going back to the old saying that "money won't bring them back".

I am not trying in any way to be disrespecful----just think about it----it's all the truth.

I do somewhat understand what you are saying.

My whole problem with this situation is all the requests for money. Yes--8 children have lost a father, 2 women have lost their husbands. They also told on the news that these families would be the first recipiant of a million dollar life insurance policy that the county had taken out for any officers killed in the line of duty. They will also draw the Social Security for all these children. These families will not be poor, like some of the radio stations are making out.

Just kindof going back to the old saying that "money won't bring them back".

I am not trying in any way to be disrespecful----just think about it----it's all the truth.

If you do not want to give then don't. I guarantee the life insurance and SS minus taxes will not equal the income of the fallen officers while all 4 children get through school and hopefully college.

Ok...what Officer has died in the Atlanta area that has not been given "attention".

Every single officer that has died before these two men. What officer can you think of that has died in the LOD that was constantly on the news for about 1 week? We have men and women dying in wars do they receive the same attention as these two men did?

Not one! They only get about a five minute segment or if mentioned at all.

Every single officer that has died before these two men. What officer can you think of that has died in the LOD that was constantly on the news for about 1 week? We have men and women dying in wars do they receive the same attention as these two men did?

Not one! They only get about a five minute segment or if mentioned at all.

I disagree....I cannot remember the news skipping any local officer who was lost. I remember news reports in every one from the time of the incident to seeing the news trucks at the funeral.

I did the "*EOW's" here on pcom...for all officers who have died in the line of duty in the U.S. I got a lot of people on here glad that I was doing it....but I got a few emails from people who didnt like the fact that I was doing it and "flooding" pcom with things that did not happen or effect Paulding County.

So that I would not be getting any more "Nasty-Grams" I stopped doing them.

*EOW= End Of Watch