23 replies to this topic

#1 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

Why doesn't Coach Sauls want to play East Paulding to open the season any longer?
It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#2 frontporchmom

frontporchmom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Jan 12 2008, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why doesn't Coach Sauls want to play East Paulding to open the season any longer?

I think there was a thread about this awhile back. I don't know how to post a link to it though.

#3 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,716 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:13 AM

I will find the topics hold on....

http://www.paulding....h...=132969&hl=

This is one but there was a few others I believe
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#4 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,716 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

Here is another one... it is pretty long

http://www.paulding....l=pchs football
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#5 Grayce

Grayce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

Maybe he want's to start off a winning season ph34r.gif
Sometimes I just want to be left alone.........And sometimes I don't!

Georgia is always on my mind......Dawg Fan, Falcons on Sundays and Hawks on the nights they play and I can't leave out the Braves.......love them all EXCEPT Tech...lol

#6 SeaShell

SeaShell

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

As a long time Patriots fan (my husband and son both played football), I'm really disappointed in this decision. EPHS took it from us for years when they were the underdogs and now that they are on top, we're bowing out? Not fair.

I'm just sayin'

#7 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

Well EPHS has raised the bar in there football program and there band program. They need to play other teams that offer more challenge. That way they can get better as well,Paulding needs to win some to boost there esteem. Maybe they will fit in better as they are lowered to AAAA. East Paulding will also have to adjust,there football program will be put to the test this next season. cool.gif
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#8 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Animal @ Jan 12 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well EPHS has raised the bar in there football program and there band program. They need to play other teams that offer more challenge. That way they can get better as well,Paulding needs to win some to boost there esteem. Maybe they will fit in better as they are lowered to AAAA. East Paulding will also have to adjust,there football program will be put to the test this next season. cool.gif
Just remember this quote come about mid Oct. AAAA WONT BE NO CAKE WALK LIKE SAULS THINKS. Most of the teams EAST played this year in AAAA would have beat most of those AAAAA teams PC played. Lets just be HONEST, Sauls begged Seagars to let him keep his job one more year and the only way he felt he could keep it was not to LOSE to EAST so Sauls chose not to continue the match up (BATTLE OF DALLAS) and the PC fans have stood back and let it happen! Hope yall are happy! IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE COACHING! WITH OUT GREAT COACHING, Great athelets become good athelets. Until someone at PC GETS THE BOARD TO GIVE SEAGARS THE BOOT YOU GONNA HAVE WHAT YOU GOT! Sad to see kids have to suffer the poor selfish decisions of the Admin. at PC! sad.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#9 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

I thought they were playing the Giants.

I had no idea EPHS was going to the Superbowl - congrats kids!

#10 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (juleebella @ Feb 2 2008, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought they were playing the Giants.

I had no idea EPHS was going to the Superbowl - congrats kids!
That makes about as much sense as letting Sauls keep his job another year! laugh.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#11 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 2 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes about as much sense as letting Sauls keep his job another year! laugh.gif

I have a friend who has a kid on the PC team. They were very dissapointed that Sauls is coming back after the past few seasons. He was hoping a new coach would come in 08 and his son would have three more seasons under the new coaches system. Now, he have to suffer under at least one more year of the "coaching staff that runs from competition", before the possibilty of getting a decent coaching staff will present itself again.

What a shame for the boys over there.
George Orwell

#12 The Informer

The Informer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:03 AM

Hey Nativeson becarefull what you ask for. Boy do you have a suprise comiing LOL

#13 gertie

gertie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Jan 12 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I kinda don't blame the PC coach for not wanting to play EP anymore. I wished Hiram would do the same thing. Hiram played East in Basketball Friday night and I thought it was one of the worse games I've seen all year from a sportsmanship stand point. East Paulding girls played like a bunch of wild animals. Reminded me of the Clayton county teams Hiram has to play in their Region and the East Paulding boys had at least two technicals handed out and one of the players was ejected from the game for trying to fight a Hiram player.
It was kinda scary to watch. I really thought someone was going to get hurt. I wish the referees had of done a better job of controlling the games.

Even though I thought the East Paulding boys showed poor sportsmanship, I thought the coach did a great job of keeping his cool.

I think East Paulding tends to forget they are the biggest school in the county population wise. They get to pick their teams out of a pool of over 2200 kids and the rest of the high schools are picking their teams from a pool of 1800. They SHOULD have the best teams in the county based on that fact alone. Not to mention the fact that they are really a 5A school playing in a 4A region. Poor Hiram and Paulding are smaller than East but both play 5A. I would still love for someone to explain how that happened.
Instead of East being thankful and humble for this, they, students and parents seem to constantly toot their horn about how "amazing" and "well coached" they are.

#14 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (gertie @ Feb 8 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kinda don't blame the PC coach for not wanting to play EP anymore. I wished Hiram would do the same thing. Hiram played East in Basketball Friday night and I thought it was one of the worse games I've seen all year from a sportsmanship stand point. East Paulding girls played like a bunch of wild animals. Reminded me of the Clayton county teams Hiram has to play in their Region and the East Paulding boys had at least two technicals handed out and one of the players was ejected from the game for trying to fight a Hiram player.
It was kinda scary to watch. I really thought someone was going to get hurt. I wish the referees had of done a better job of controlling the games.

Even though I thought the East Paulding boys showed poor sportsmanship, I thought the coach did a great job of keeping his cool.

I think East Paulding tends to forget they are the biggest school in the county population wise. They get to pick their teams out of a pool of over 2200 kids and the rest of the high schools are picking their teams from a pool of 1800. They SHOULD have the best teams in the county based on that fact alone. Not to mention the fact that they are really a 5A school playing in a 4A region. Poor Hiram and Paulding are smaller than East but both play 5A. I would still love for someone to explain how that happened.
Instead of East being thankful and humble for this, they, students and parents seem to constantly toot their horn about how "amazing" and "well coached" they are.
Hey Gert ,Iwill be the first to say that our BBball programs and Coaches are crappp! and need a total over haul and I as an EAST supporter am sorry that Hiram was treated in such a classless way .Ihave the upmost respect for the Hiram staff Mr. Fincher and Mr. Freeman are class acts and hope this will not affect our football relationship.Iwill asure you that our b ball program in no way is a reflection of our Football program wink.gif

Support Paulding Schools

#15 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (nativeson1 @ Feb 9 2008, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Gert ,Iwill be the first to say that our BBball programs and Coaches are crappp! and need a total over haul and I as an EAST supporter am sorry that Hiram was treated in such a classless way .Ihave the upmost respect for the Hiram staff Mr. Fincher and Mr. Freeman are class acts and hope this will not affect our football relationship.Iwill asure you that our b ball program in no way is a reflection of our Football program wink.gif

HILARIOUS! No way in a refection of football, why are you even bringing football into it? A football coach is on the basketball staff, the head football coach was suspended in the season, he has also put in for jobs this year to try and leave EP...the basketball teams at EP have had way more success then football has over the years, the last 2 years have been great and good for the school but basketball and baseball have carried that school till these last 2 years, we will see how much your pumping your chest after next season for football with that schedule and after the coach leaves...the girls coach you are talking about has had a good season every year and won a region title...the boys is a new coach and just getting things turned around, it was a train wreck from an attitude standpoint left by the former staff...how many basketball games have you even been to?

Edited by bball, 10 February 2008 - 01:02 AM.

#16 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (gertie @ Feb 8 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was quite possibly the weakest ejection I have ever seen...there has been way worse this year from other teams.

Scary to watch a game? Gert I would say you haven't watched many basketball games...you do realize the one technical was because of a jersey number problem? Probably didn't know that.

#17 Munky

Munky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

I am so sick of seeing this topic..... this is like the 5th time! anyone agree, or am I being a jerk? ninja.gif
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#18 jlh10101

jlh10101

Bad Boy in a Good Way.

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (bball @ Feb 10 2008, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was quite possibly the weakest ejection I have ever seen...there has been way worse this year from other teams.

Scary to watch a game? Gert I would say you haven't watched many basketball games...you do realize the one technical was because of a jersey number problem? Probably didn't know that.

Welcome to pcom newbee, got anyting positive to add or are you just a jock sniffer here to casue trouble responding to posts from 2 days ago?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Ever feel like you have a bullseye on your back? You knew I was a snake when you picked me up...

#19 Ball

Ball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (jlh10101 @ Feb 10 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to pcom newbee, got anyting positive to add or are you just a jock sniffer here to casue trouble responding to posts from 2 days ago?

nice, jock sniffer? just don't think people should spout off about stuff they have no clue about...this whole board is always negative crap and people complaining anyways.

#20 jlh10101

jlh10101

Bad Boy in a Good Way.

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (bball @ Feb 10 2008, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice, jock sniffer? just don't think people should spout off about stuff they have no clue about...this whole board is always negative crap and people complaining anyways.

Can't completely agree with you there, but no sence adding to it. Just try to have some fun, there are many good people here. Some just have bad days biggrin.gif
As I said welcome to pcom, Sorry 'bout the attn. getter, but it worked cool.gif Try to have fun cool.gif

*end hijack*
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Ever feel like you have a bullseye on your back? You knew I was a snake when you picked me up...

#21 fanaticraiderfan

fanaticraiderfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

blah,blah,blah----and the beat goes on and on and on.pc coach said himself that he wants to get the season off to a good start to set the tone for the year.oh well,look at the schedule.

gert--2200???i believe the fte # was 1939+/- a few.and now we will play teams w/ 2900-3200 kids.ok......

the big surprise--playing w/ the big boys now---whatever.i guess everyone in paulding would walk all over buford cause they're AA????that's why no AAAA OR AAAAA school will play them.

as far as coaches--he may have applied,just like 1/2 the coaches in the state---but he's still here---and i'll take him over sauls anyday,night,twice on sunday...............

#22 nativeson1

nativeson1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

SOME RESPONSE FROM SOME PEPPERELL FOOTBALL FANS FROM THE GEORGIA SPORTS VENT ABOUT PLAYING PC.

raiderdawg
70 posts this site
Nominate | ReportPosted: 1/6/2008 9:14 PM

Any Pepperell fans heard about this game with Paulding County?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAST PAULDING WILL HOST THE ROME WOLVES IN THE 08 SEASON OPENER IN WHAT WILL BE AN AWESOME REMATCH FOR THE TWO SCHOOLS AFTER EAST WON THE 06 PLAYOFF GAME. East Paulding has played Paulding County in there opener for the last 12 years in what was called the Battle of Dallas Ga. in honor of former PC Head Coach Ken Phillipps who passed away a few years ago from a long battle with health problems.This year however PC refused to play EAST anymore and said they will no longer play the traditional rivalry game. Coach Sauls of PC. was quoted as saying "He could not afford to lose his first game of the season and the Game put to much pressure on his players. This years loss was so devestating to his team that they never were able to recover from it all season". So the cowards of AAAA Paulding County have called AA Pepperell to come play them!
RAIDER NATION
JUST WIN!
BABY.

ARE U A RAIDER YET?
Last edited 1/6/2008 9:19 PM by raiderdawg

Reply | Quote | Edit
poppacatMember
349 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | ReportPosted: 1/7/2008 2:27 PM

Re: Any Pepperell fans heard about this game with Paulding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Paulding thinks playing Pepperell will guarantee them a win, they may get a surprise. Pepperell returns the majority of a team that reached the third round of the playoffs. They kept their game at Dublin close.
Reply | Quote
caneswarningMember
400 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | ReportPosted: 1/9/2008 5:04 PM

Re: Any Pepperell fans heard about this game with Paulding

It would not surprise me at all if Pepperell won that game, and won it easily. Shiflett has that program moving.
Reply | Quote

Page 1 < Prev. Topic | Next Topic >
Quick Reply

Georgia HS > Forums > Football - Class AA > Any Pepperell fans heard about t... Back to Top
Support Paulding Schools

#23 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

Sounds like Pepperall will have some extra motivation for that game. After all, PC needs to win the first one, that's
why they scheduled Pepperall instead of EP.
George Orwell

#24 Drew

Drew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

It's weird to see East Paulding as the main football program in the county. Back when I played, we were lucky to win two games a year.. Good to see that this recent group of guys have done something great with that team. I just can't believe Paulding went downhill so fast..!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics