Paulding.com

Nemie's Grandmother passed away

Recently I posted about my Grandmother being ill and hospitalized.

She had been released to a nursing home, only to return to the hospital couple days ago and passed away this morning, Saturday, Dec 15.

It is heartbreaking for me b/c she and I were very close, as I am the oldest Grandchild. I do consider myself very lucky to have had her a part of my life for 47 yrs.

Grandma had 2 sons (my father & uncle) who both passed away 12 & 10 yrs ago, so she is now again with them, whom she has missed so very much over the yrs.

Please keep our family in your prayers, and Steve and I as we travel out of town on the highways.

Steve and I are making arrangements to travel, get the dogs sorted, customers re-scheduled, etc before we leave. The funeral will likely be Tuesday due to lots of out of towners to attend.

Grandma was 94 yrs old. We love you and will miss you. Rest in Peace Grandma.

Nemie

Thank you everyone! Your prayers and thoughts are appreciated and heart warming.

I will be busy around here, but will pop in on pcom often (you know I think I am addicted). So far, got the hotel booked, got a car reserved (truck isn't suitable, and not sure it would survive the trip, and would cost me more than a fortune in gas), got Wendys Pet Sitting coming over in the morning to go over pet sitting stuff (Thanks so much Wendy), and so on.

Thanks for the phone calls, PMs, and emails.

Nemie

Oh, Nemie, what a heartbreaker. Just yesterday I got all teary-eyed in Wal-Mart because I was missing my Mom and Dad. Dad Passed away in 1990, age 73, and Mom passed away in 2002, age 76. I was the baby of the family( and a LATE YEARS baby at that) and I miss them so. There was an elderly woman in the store yesterday who could have been my mom from the back, she looked so similar, it was haunting to me....... and I was already feeling the "Christmas longing" for them, then I hear big band ( 1940's Swing) Christmas music, from the CD aisle...It would have been what they would have been listening to when they were first dating each other.... So I feel your loss.... Your Grandma must have been quite the woman, and she must have seen so many things.....my heart just goes out to you.....I will talk to you more tomorrow...... :(

She had been released to a nursing home, only to return to the hospital couple days ago and passed away this morning, Saturday, Dec 15.

It is heartbreaking for me b/c she and I were very close, as I am the oldest Grandchild. I do consider myself very lucky to have had her a part of my life for 47 yrs.

Grandma had 2 sons (my father & uncle) who both passed away 12 & 10 yrs ago, so she is now again with them, whom she has missed so very much over the yrs.

Please keep our family in your prayers, and Steve and I as we travel out of town on the highways.

Steve and I are making arrangements to travel, get the dogs sorted, customers re-scheduled, etc before we leave. The funeral will likely be Tuesday due to lots of out of towners to attend.

Nemie

I'm so sorry to hear about this Nemie. I know how hard it is to lose a grandmother that you are so very close to. It was very difficult for me when I lost my Dad's Mother...she was just one of the sweetest women in the world and we have a very special bond, and I do with my Dad's Sister as well who is well into her 80's now. Please let me know if there is anything Bruce and I can do. Do not worry about the windows here...it can wait until after you guys recover from all this and Steve gets caught up on everything else. No hurry. They have been in the basement for almost 2 years now, they can wait a few more weeks.

I will pray for your safe travels and that you find some peace in knowing that she is with your father and uncle. I'll keep your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. I am serious, please let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do! We can keep the dogs if you need us to...just say the word and it's done.

Our deepest sympathies to you and your family. :wub:

Scarlet and Bruce

praying for your safe trip

and the understanding of it.

we lost my maternial grandmother 2 years ago and it nearly killed me . struggled so to understand it ,

she was 96 and having strokes almost bymonthly,

couldn't get up north to see her , something i'll always regret

Gods speed for your safe return.

remember the joy she has shown and shared with you over the years.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Nemie. I know how hard it is to lose a grandmother that you are so very close to. It was very difficult for me when I lost my Dad's Mother...she was just one of the sweetest women in the world and we have a very special bond, and I do with my Dad's Sister as well who is well into her 80's now. Please let me know if there is anything Bruce and I can do. Do not worry about the windows here...it can wait until after you guys recover from all this and Steve gets caught up on everything else. No hurry. They have been in the basement for almost 2 years now, they can wait a few more weeks.

I will pray for your safe travels and that you find some peace in knowing that she is with your father and uncle. I'll keep your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. I am serious, please let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do! We can keep the dogs if you need us to...just say the word and it's done.

Our deepest sympathies to you and your family. :wub:

Scarlet and Bruce

Oh lordy me, you don't want to say that, Brewster would hate you.

(I have 4 ig dogs & Bentley), but thank you for offering.

Thanks for the kind words you wrote. It is much appreciated.

Nemie

To Everyone:

Thank you all for your kind words posted here.

Nemie

Nemie

god bless you love. I know how you feel as i loved my gramma very much for 36 years.. critty and i will keep you and yours in our prayers as you travle and greive for your loved grandmother..