GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (GlassMan @ Dec 10 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True dis.

So, I guess now we need a glass forum for my posts? laugh.gif
okay, so that means I would need a...? what exactly would I need? I know!
An entire forum dedicated entirely to...

I gotta find Pubby! He's probably somewhere defending Jimmy Carter or helping TBAR with his fanny pack.
"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#42 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,583 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (JMT @ Dec 10 2007, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Without directing this at anyone specifically, I will comment broadly on the quoted sentence above. My experience is that it is simply not true that "love should never be hard." Love is not a feeling, it's an ongoing series of conscious choices to put someone else's interests ahead of your own. This inherently conflicts with our broken human nature. Our instincts tell us to put ourselves, our own happiness, and our own interests first.

Sometimes couples may indeed reach an end of a viable relationship - fair enough. But the idea that those who stay together do so because it has "never been hard" is just not the case. Not only is it sometimes hard-- it's often very difficult -- and there are stretches where it's constantly trying. There may be some times where it's less difficult and times where it's more difficult. But in no case will one find that it's "never been hard."

Ditto with "Love means never having to say you're sorry." That's bunk, too.

JMO,
JMT

What an incredibly beautiful post. So very true!

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#43 MizCue

MizCue

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,689 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:57 AM

About the only statement I use with relationships is to: "Never stay in a relationship for what it can be."
Paulding Humane Society

Toys for Homeless Pets
Help by donating your old socks, pillows, yarn, ribbon, fabric, and old tennis balls.....or by making some toys!

Make a Difference..One Furry Bundle at a Time! Become a Paulding Humane Society Volunteer!

Let your heart see what your eyes cannot!

Look before you leap......... a pet is for KEEPS!!!

Posted Image
Do the Right Thing! Spay or Neuter Your Best Friend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics