Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Griggs

Mr. Fred Horace Griggs, age 84, known by friends and family as “Big Daddy” born March 27, 1920, passed away on Sunday, October 17, 2004. Fred was a positive influence in the community through the American Legion Post III, Masonic Order Albany Lodge 24, Eastern Star Austell 314 and active in the Republican Party. Fred was a Navy veteran of WW II, USS Shamrock Bay and a Georgia Power retiree, where they called him “Top Cat”. His favorite saying was “if you can’t handle it, call me”.

He leaves behind his wife, Faye; children, Paul, Kent, Neil, Stacie and Dandy, also ten grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 at 2:00 p.m. from the chapel of Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Dr. James Burdette officiating. The interment will follow in Powder Springs Memorial Gardens. Clark Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.

Guest publisher

Sorry to hear this.

I knew Fred from my days at the Neighbor and his efforts surrounding the reunion of the sailors in the Shamrock Bay. He was a great guy who was just fun to be around.

As a matter of fact a friend of mine who was a reporter and became acquainted with Fred at the Neighbor as well, inquired about him on Sunday. I told him I hadn't seen him recently. Little did I know that was the day he died.

May he rest in peace.

i also knew mr. fred and his wife faye. they are wonderful people. he would always come to the door when you went over there and welcomed you with a big old smile. he was very proud of his room with all of his plaques from the navy and ga. power. he will be sorely missed.

REST IN PEACE, BIG DADDY

I knew Fred as well. Many years ago I worked for Richards Printing in Dallas and he would come in there and have us print up stuff for him and his reunions for the Shamrock Bay. He used to make us laugh. He was such a cut up.

To his family, I'm sorry for your loss.