BECAUSE AFTER EVERYONE HAS GONE

AND YOUR LOVE ONE IS LAY TO REST.

ARE ALL THOSE THAT CARE AT REST TO

WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU

FOR A LONG TIME

SO PLEASE SHOW YOUR LOVE

TO ANYONE WHO HAS LOST A CHILD

THE PAIN NEVER STOP BUT WITH FRINDS AND PRAYER IT CAN GET BETTER

I know the pain of losing a child. When I lost my son I had the support of one of the most wonderful women I've ever known, who had also known the heartbreak of losing a son, my grandmother. :wub:

There are so many other parents out there who know your pain. May the love and comfort of family, friends, and loved ones ease your pain during this holiday season. You are not alone.

My aunt had 4 boys. One of her son's died of a long sickness, and died in her arms, a week before he turned 30. It took her forever to recover a little from that loss, and then her youngest committed suicide at the age of 24. I was so angry at him, because he watched her when she lost his brother, and then he purposely chose to put her through that again. That was 9 yrs ago this week.

Back in 1996, the day before Thanksgiving, my dad died suddenly. The following year, almost to the day, my grandmother passed in her sleep with no warning (this was my Aunt's mother). The following year, my cousin committed suicide the week of Thanksgiving. More tragedies followed our family for 8 yrs straight. Every Thanksgiving was shared with the funeral of a family member. It has now been 3 years with no deaths, but we sure do feel the emptiness of the ones who did pass, and this time of year is extremely hard on my family.

I almost did not come to be with my family this year because of financial reasons, but I changed my mind. I think my family needed me to be here, and you never know when it will be last one with some family members.

I am enjoying myself here in Myrtle Beach with my mother, brother, and sister and our families. Tomorrow we will load up and go to Durham N.C. and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's sister, and some other Aunt's, Uncles, cousines, and there families. We will go from house to house visiting everyone for a little while, and head back to Georgia on Saturday morning.

I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving day.

My aunt had 4 boys. One of her son's died of a long sickness, and died in her arms, a week before he turned 30. It took her forever to recover a little from that loss, and then her youngest committed suicide at the age of 24. I was so angry at him, because he watched her when she lost his brother, and then he purposely chose to put her through that again. That was 9 yrs ago this week.

Back in 1996, the day before Thanksgiving, my dad died suddenly. The following year, almost to the day, my grandmother passed in her sleep with no warning (this was my Aunt's mother). The following year, my cousin committed suicide the week of Thanksgiving. More tragedies followed our family for 8 yrs straight. Every Thanksgiving was shared with the funeral of a family member. It has now been 3 years with no deaths, but we sure do feel the emptiness of the ones who did pass, and this time of year is extremely hard on my family.

I almost did not come to be with my family this year because of financial reasons, but I changed my mind. I think my family needed me to be here, and you never know when it will be last one with some family members.

I am enjoying myself here in Myrtle Beach with my mother, brother, and sister and our families. Tomorrow we will load up and go to Durham N.C. and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's sister, and some other Aunt's, Uncles, cousines, and there families. We will go from house to house visiting everyone for a little while, and head back to Georgia on Saturday morning.

I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving day.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FAMILY IT SEEM IT BEEN A RUFF FEW YEARS MY SON COMMITTED SUICIDE ALSO ITS IS AS MY LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGE FOR EVER I KNOW THERE NEVER A GETTING OVER IT DAY WE JUST KEEP PRAYING AND I PRAY I CAN HELP OTHER JUST A LITTLE WITH MY STORY.

Bless all your hearts.

You all are a testament to strength and courage, though some days you may not feel like you are, I know you are.

I will continue to pray for you all.

Dear mothers, may I ask something from you? Please, please I ask of you, pray for "Kim," who lost her 16 month old tragically less than a month ago.

Only you know how deeply she and her husband and family grieve, and need your prayers right now.)

Bless all your hearts.

You all are a testament to strength and courage, though some days you may not feel like you are, I know you are.

I will continue to pray for you all.

Dear mothers, may I ask something from you? Please, please I ask of you, pray for "Kim," who lost her 16 month old tragically less than a month ago.

Only you know how deeply she and her husband and family grieve, and need your prayers right now.

SOMETIMES THE ONLY WAY TO HELP OTHER WHEN THEY LOSS A CHILD IS TO PRAY .

SO I WILL PRAY FOR ALL WHO ASK. BECAUSE WHAT ONE SAYS DONT SEEM TO HELP MUCH AT THE TIME EVEN IF WE NO WHAT THERE GOING THOUGH BUT ITS GO TO KNOW SOME ONE IS HEAR WHEN WE NEED TO TALK .

ALWAYS FOR MOMS AND OTHER WHO STANDS IN THE NEED OF PRAYER

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS

WWMOM/////MOM OF CASEY WEAVER LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FAMILY IT SEEM IT BEEN A RUFF FEW YEARS MY SON COMMITTED SUICIDE ALSO ITS IS AS MY LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGE FOR EVER I KNOW THERE NEVER A GETTING OVER IT DAY WE JUST KEEP PRAYING AND I PRAY I CAN HELP OTHER JUST A LITTLE WITH MY STORY.

WWMOM, I have also lost a child. My daughter was shot and killed two years ago. You are so right...you never "get over it". She still consumes far more of my thoughts than most people would ever imagine just sitting around talking to me. I have really just started dealing with my anger the past six months. I think I was in shock most of the first year and then depression for about six months. I know my soul will never be the same--I can look normal on the outside, but inside is like shattered glass. And it's all perfectly normal. How you feel now is perfectly normal. I saw where someone made the comment that Sheriff Harris should be "over" losing his daughter after two years. I can only assume the person who wrote that has never lost a child, and maybe has not had any children.

God bless

WWMOM, I have also lost a child. My daughter was shot and killed two years ago. You are so right...you never "get over it". She still consumes far more of my thoughts than most people would ever imagine just sitting around talking to me. I have really just started dealing with my anger the past six months. I think I was in shock most of the first year and then depression for about six months. I know my soul will never be the same--I can look normal on the outside, but inside is like shattered glass. And it's all perfectly normal. How you feel now is perfectly normal. I saw where someone made the comment that Sheriff Harris should be "over" losing his daughter after two years. I can only assume the person who wrote that has never lost a child, and maybe has not had any children.

God bless

THERE NO WHY TO GET OVER THE DEATH OF A CHILD I DONT CARE IF ITS BEEN TEN YEARS OR LONGER IF ANYONE SAID THEY DID THEY COULD NOT HAVE CARE TO START WITH.

YOU RIGTH THIS PERSON HAS NOT WALK IN THE SHOES OF SOMEONE WHO HAS.

WE NEED TO START A GROUP WHERE MOMS CAN TALK ,CRY AND PRAY FOR EACH OTHER.

I REMEMBER WATCHING ON THE NEWS IN THE 80'S ( I THINK), ALL THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS HAD CLOSED DOWN DUE TO SNOW & ICE, *EXCEPT* FOR CLAYTON COUNTY. THIS ONE YOUNG MAN TOOK HIS 3 YOUNGER BROTHERS TO SCHOOL, BEFORE HE WENT TO SCHOOL HIMSELF. AS HE DID ANY OTHER DAY. SOMETHING HAPPENED ON THIS ICY DAY, HE HAD AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT AND ALL 4 BROTHERS DIED, THIS POOR SINGLE MOTHER PROBABLY LOST IT. I DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT HER BUT, BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPENED A FEW WEEKS/MONTHS BEOFRE THEY LOST EVERYTHING IN A HOUSE FIRE. I REALLY WISH I COULD FIND OUT HOW SHE IS DOING, I DIDN'T KNOW HER BUT, I THINK ABOUT HER QUITE OFTEN. I COULD NOT IMAGINE WHAT MOTHERS AND FATHERS GO THROUGH BUT, PRAYERS ARE SENT OUT TO ALL WHO HAVE LOST A CHILD.

I couldnt imagine the pain of losing a child.It would be horrible! I did loose my grandmother around this time last yr and she practically raised me and lost my dad when i was a teenager.I still havent gotten over either one,i even thought i was bad luck or God was punishing me.I lost 3 boyfriends in highschool! It sucks that people have to pass on,i wish we could be here forever.But,thats not how things work.God needs us for bigger and better things. I dont know why but we will all know one day.The only thing i can think is these people in our life must have been very special to us and God because he chose them. It will always hurt that is natural and its ok to cry.I still cry like it was yesterday.Whatever makes you feel better.I always felt i didnt get to tell them things and how i felt.I felt like i was ripped off.My friend said you should write a letter.Tell them everything you wanted to say no matter how silly or stupid or what.Ask questions and tell them things you always wanted them to know.Then read it to them and maybe bury it by them or tear it up or save it to look back on.It helped me a lot it hurts bad especially during the holidays,you feel that empty feeling and this is the time that most people get depressed.So,if you ever need to talk you can email me on here and i can give you my number if you need to call me anytime. Just pray for peace and know that there are other people around you who love you very much and they understand.Dont be afraid to share your feelings.Get it all out. Get a journal and start writing everyday.Write a good thing that happened today was.... and just keep it close by.Then when you feel bad go back and read it! My prayers are with you and i hope you had a great thanksgiving and A very Merry christmas and a Happy new year where you are very blessed! ******HUGS*****************

The loss of my son is the hardest thing that I deal with each and every day. December 23 will be 4 years and most days it still seems as if it was just yesterday.

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. AND YOU ARE RIGHT IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY IT BEEN 15 MONTHS

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY

I DON'T THINK YOU GET OLDER IN HEAVEN

BUT AS LONG AS I'M HERE ON EARTH

I'LL REMEMBER THE DAY I GAVE YOU BIRTH

AND JESUS GAVE YOU LIFE.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY ANGEL

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY DEC 2

AND I KNOW YOUR AT YOUR BEST

BECAUSE YOU ARE AT REST

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY ANGEL

LOVE YOU

MOMMY

I thank the good lord for every precious day that I get with my girls. My uncle died 12 years ago last month and I cannot remember anything ever being so hard on my whole family, but mostly my grandma. It has really made her a different woman. My heart and deepest sympathy goes out to any of you who has lost a child, I could only hope that I would be as strong as you are!

My daughter has been dead 26 years ...I never got to know her as she only lived 30 minutes..My husband had to bury her as I was still in the hospital,,,the first Christmas was hard..every time I saw a

tiny red dress I would cry and think she should have one...she only got 1 dress & my husband picked it out without me...It does get easier but it still hurts...I thank God that it was not my daughter that was 8 because she was so much a part of my life & I don't know how I would have handled that..Jessica was a dream as I never held her & never really got to know her...I loved her but the bond that you have with your child grows stronger each day...My other daughter is 34 & a wonderful person...The thing I am most thankful for is I did not have to make a decision to put her on or off life support ...God made that decision for me....I will pray for you that are hurting...I will pray for peace for your hearts...

I TOO HAVE LOST A CHILD NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MY DAUGHTER, I LOST MY BEST FRIEND,SHE WAS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD WHAT A YOUNG AGE. I MISS HER MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY, I PRAY FOR EACH AND EVERYONE WHO HAS LOST A CHILD CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ME ALSO. ITS BEEN ALMOST 19 MONTHS NOW WILL BE 13TH NOT ONLY THAT I ALSO LOST MY HUSBAND DUE TO CANCER, WE FOUND OUT IN 3 WEEKS TIME GONE. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT I LOST BOTH OF THEM WITHIN 2 YEARS SO I KNOW ITS TRULY HARD TO LOSE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE THEN A DAUGHTER, BUT MY GOD SAYS I WLL SEE THEM AGAIN ONE DAY IF WE BELIEVE AND I DO. SO THATS THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES ME HOPE.

Edited by still lost mama
I TOO HAVE LOST A CHILD NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MY DAUGHTER, I LOST MY BEST FRIEND,SHE WAS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD WHAT A YOUNG AGE. I MISS HER MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY, I PRAY FOR EACH AND EVERYONE WHO HAS LOST A CHILD CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ME ALSO. ITS BEEN ALMOST 19 MONTHS NOW WILL BE 13TH NOT ONLY THAT I ALSO LOST MY HUSBAND DUE TO CANCER, WE FOUND OUT IN 3 WEEKS TIME GONE. BEFORE YOU KNOW IT I LOST BOTH OF THEM WITHIN 2 YEARS SO I KNOW ITS TRULY HARD TO LOSE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE THEN A DAUGHTER, BUT MY GOD SAYS I WLL SEE THEM AGAIN ONE DAY IF WE BELIEVE AND I DO. SO THATS THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES ME HOPE.

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOU ARE RIGHT OUR GOD SAID WE WILL SEE THEM AGAIN AND I LIVE BY THAT EVERY DAY

MY SON BIRTHDAY WAS TODAY AND IT WAS SO HARD . I DON'T NO IF ANGLES HAS BIRTHDAYS IN HEAVEN .BUT IF THEY DO I'LL LOVE TO GIVE MY GIFT TO HIM A HUG AND A KISS AND TELL HIM MOMMY COMING HOME WHEN GOD SAY COME UNTIL THEN I'LL TRY TO HANG ON.

ALL MOM KEEP PRAYING AND STAY IN TOUCH WE NEED EACH OTHER OR AT LESS I NO I NEED YOU

LOVE IN THE NAME OF JESUS

WANDA

Thursday week will be 21 months since I lost my only child, Scotty. I guess you never realize how many moms loose their children, it's seems like you're the only one at times. But, I know I'm not. I've been praying for you Wanda, everyday. I will continue to do so and now that I know of others, I will be praying for you too. I miss him so bad. God Bless you all.

Mom of Scotty Dodd

Sharon

Thursday week will be 21 months since I lost my only child, Scotty. I guess you never realize how many moms loose their children, it's seems like you're the only one at times. But, I know I'm not. I've been praying for you Wanda, everyday. I will continue to do so and now that I know of others, I will be praying for you too. I miss him so bad. God Bless you all.

Mom of Scotty Dodd

Sharon

HI SHARON YOU HAVE BEEN IN MY PRAYERS ALSO IT HELPS ME TO READ AND TALK TO OTHER IF THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS PRAY FOR MOMS AND DADS WHO LOST A CHILD THEN THAT WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO DO WE JUST NEED TO SHARE OUR PAIN . GOD WILL BRING US THOUGH I KNOW I REALIZE IT WILL BE IN GODS TIME

GOD HAS BLESSED US WITH SO MUCH. WHEN GOD GAVE ME ELIZABETH,CASEY AND SHANE THAT WAS THE BEST BLESSING OF ALL. CASEY IS STILL VERY MUCH WITH US EVEN NOW GOD HAS DONE SO MUCH JUST GO TO ( YOU TUBE) AND PUT IN HOMEMAKE OVER 2007 AND SEE HOW GOD HAS BLESS US. THE SONG I WROTE FOR CASEY IS WHAT GOD PUT ON MY HEART WHEN SOMEONE IS HURTING FROM THE INSIDE OUT AND CANT SEE THE REAL PERSON IT HURTS EVERYONE. BUT A MOM WILL ALWAYS SEE THE REAL CHILD INSIDE .AND WHEN WE CANT HEAL WE NO GOD CAN.

PRAYING FOR GOD TO TOUCH ALL .

WE HAD A GOOD DAY ON YOUR BIRTHDAY GOD BLESSED US WITH CASEY'S FRIENDS COMING BY AND THAT TOUCH MY HEART

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK EACH OF YOU FOR STOPPING BY

OUR LOVEONE'S

ONLY DIES

IF WE DON'T

REMEMBER THEM

CASEY

WILL LIVE

IN OUR

HEARTS

FOREVER.

• 2 weeks later...
My name is Lisa and I lost my son, Joshua Brown, on January 11, 2007. It happened very suddenly and unexpectedly. This has been the roughest year of my life and this time of year is absolutely killing me. The grief and pain have been almost unbearable. If not for the grace of God and my family and friends, there's no telling where I would be. It doesn't seem fair that any parent should have to live through their children passing before them; but I believe God has a plan for everyone. I just haven't found the reason for the loss of my precious son. I can relate to any parent who has lost a child. If anyone wants to contact me personally, my e-mail address is sapphire0828@comcast.net. I would greatly appreciate if ya'll could go to Josh's website and light a candle for him and send your prayers our way. Thanks. Go to www.joshuabrown.memory-of.com.
My name is Lisa and I lost my son, Joshua Brown, on January 11, 2007. It happened very suddenly and unexpectedly. This has been the roughest year of my life and this time of year is absolutely killing me. The grief and pain have been almost unbearable. If not for the grace of God and my family and friends, there's no telling where I would be. It doesn't seem fair that any parent should have to live through their children passing before them; but I believe God has a plan for everyone. I just haven't found the reason for the loss of my precious son. I can relate to any parent who has lost a child. If anyone wants to contact me personally, my e-mail address is sapphire0828@comcast.net. I would greatly appreciate if ya'll could go to Josh's website and light a candle for him and send your prayers our way. Thanks. Go to www.joshuabrown.memory-of.com.

my prayers are with you and i will be in contact with you .

gods arms will hold us and he will never let us go .

I'LL keep holding to his hand BECAUSE I NO I CAN NOT MAKE IT WITHOUT HIM.

God bless

I feel like you BW. Also, I didn't see where some idiot wrote that about Sheriff Harris - the writer was a total dumba$$. You NEVER get over it. It changes you forever. I heard that someone very close to me made a comment in May on my birthday. My wonderful family gave me a big birthday party and I actually laughed. This person said, "Look at her laughing." It had been 7 months since I had lost my Son. I remember thinking at that party, how nice it was to be able to laugh. I think it was the first time. The person who made that hurtful comment had no idea how I feel inside. How it's with me constantly, just below the surface.

I'm sorry for your pain WWMOM and for the pain of all on here who are "members" of this horrible "club." It just isn't right for your child to go before you.

Sapphire, I hurt with you. The first birthday, Christmas, etc after losing a loved one is so painful. People say it gets easier after the first year-I don't know about that. Maybe you just kind of know what to expect. Just be easy on yourself. All the emotions are okay. We haven't put up a Christmas tree this year. Don't think that we will. It's not any kind of statement. I only have so much emotional energy and it's just not that important to us. (My youngest is 16.) Sending love and hugs your way. :wub:

I feel like you BW. Also, I didn't see where some idiot wrote that about Sheriff Harris - the writer was a total dumba$$. You NEVER get over it. It changes you forever. I heard that someone very close to me made a comment in May on my birthday. My wonderful family gave me a big birthday party and I actually laughed. This person said, "Look at her laughing." It had been 7 months since I had lost my Son. I remember thinking at that party, how nice it was to be able to laugh. I think it was the first time. The person who made that hurtful comment had no idea how I feel inside. How it's with me constantly, just below the surface.

I'm sorry for your pain WWMOM and for the pain of all on here who are "members" of this horrible "club." It just isn't right for your child to go before you.

Seashell, laugh any time you feel like it. My emotions have been all over the place, but I probably laugh just as much as I ever did. I get up most days determined to live it to the fullest. My daughter lived that way, so in my way, I honor her spirit. I had a client tell me today that I look more like my daughter than I used to.......good!

I didn't even begin to deal with my anger--I didn't even realize that I was angry for over a year after her death. Some days I am downright irreverent--kind of like Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump. You know the scene where he is on the boat during the storm daring God to kill him. It's like I can't possibly hurt any worse so hit me with your best shot. Some days...

As far as others, I try to remember that a few years ago, I couldn't have imagined this depth of pain. I can't really expect someone who hasn't walked this path to know. They can think what they want....just stay outta my way on "some days".

Yesterday (Thursday), I had the priviledge of meeting Robert Pauley....

As some people may remember, this past summer, his daughter, Tiffany Pauley, a precious little angel with Down's, was fatally attacked by a dog in Carrollton.

A wonderful friend of mine, Donna Leonard Garrison, who does oil portraits (EverlastingPortraits.com) was so deeply moved by the innocense of Tiffany, did a portrait of her, as a token of love and appreciation for a child, from the community.

We presented to Robert and his family yesterday afternoon...

Robert and his wife (Tiffany's step mother) were very much overwhelmed -- all of us "choked" and there wasn't a dry eye......

Tiffany is most definitely a precious little angel...

tiffany_pauley.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we made it through. I still miss Scotty very much. God's Grace is wonderful. We went away to the mountains again for Christmas. It just seems to help going away. This was our 2nd Christmas without him. Still didn't put up a tree. Just wanted to go away. Hope all of you are doing as good as you can. Think of you all often. Please continue to pray for us. March 13th will be 2 years...it still just don't seem real.

Sharon

post-15839-1199483339_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
TO ME 19 MONTHS SEEMS LIKE 9 DAY

TIME JUST STANDS STILL IN AWAY MAYBE THATS GOOD .

I DON'T NO. ALL THAT I DO KNOW

IS GOD WILL BRING ME THOUGH IT ALL

GOD WILL BRING BE THOUGHT IT ALL

PRAYERS STILL NEEDED FROM ALL

16 months here. It's still not real.

You know you've got my prayers WWMOM.

March 13th will be 2 years. The closer it get's to that day, the sicker I feel at my stomach.

Trey's birthday is Tuesday. He would be 25. He visited me in a dream last night. Only popped in for a second (kinda like he always did in life), but I felt so much Joy! I miss him so much.

Praying for all of us.

16 months here. It's still not real.

Trey's birthday is Tuesday. He would be 25. He visited me in a dream last night. Only popped in for a second (kinda like he always did in life), but I felt so much Joy! I miss him so much.

Praying for all of us.

:wub:

Prayers for all you moms.

I can't even begin to imagine the pain you all are going through. I pray God's blessings on each and everyone of you!