Paulding.com

I was driving this afternoon and heard a little bit of what I thought I heard as a "self inflicted" 10-50. I believe the address was 58 Rebel Ridge.

Any one else pick this up?

I remember hearing Rebel Ridge--but I didn't hear what they were talking about. Think I was in the middle of feeding the grandbaby.

Now my question---how can you have a "self inflicted 10-50"???? Do you just run into a tree or something on purpose???

These are my neighbors but I don't know what has happened. Lots of crime scene tape and detectives.

ETA: I just saw them place a body in the back of a white van.

please tell me this is not the same family that just lost their son in a forklift accident at work???

Yes the same family. The father :(

oh my---I am so sorry....this just breaks my heart

I work for Atlanta Bonded and Shannon worked at one of our other buildings. I met his parents at the funeral home--I just can't believe this

Edited by stephie
A relative at the scene said he was sad about the loss of his son and not being able to see his grandchild. It was a self inflicted gunshot.

I feel so sorry for this family....his dad was so sweet and trying to console everyone else at the funeral home..I am not sure he even grasped that Shannon was gone at that point. The mom was so pitiful and she tried so hard to be strong because that is what she said Shannon would have wanted, and all they talked about was getting to raise the grandson and that would help them because he was "just like his dad". I just can't believe it came to this.

EVERYONE PLEASE SAY LOTS OF PRAYERS FOR THIS FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so sorry for this family....his dad was so sweet and trying to console everyone else at the funeral home..I am not sure he even grasped that Shannon was gone at that point. The mom was so pitiful and she tried so hard to be strong because that is what she said Shannon would have wanted, and all they talked about was getting to raise the grandson and that would help them because he was "just like his dad". I just can't believe it came to this.

EVERYONE PLEASE SAY LOTS OF PRAYERS FOR THIS FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

<updated> I went back and listened to the archive - initial call was for a 10-44, method gun.

What I thought I heard as a self inflicted 10-50 was really a self inflicted 10-60 (shooting). Many SO units, clark and rescue responded. Rescue 3 and the Clark unit arrived and staged at the S/D entrance.

A few minutes later, the SO held LAW 1 for this incident. The dispatch center couldn't transmit on LAW 2- this happened a few days ago too. The SO then had the EMS units continue in.

A friend of mine is a manager at the warehouse where the son was killed in the forklift accident -- He confirmed the suicide on Sunday when I was at his house -- He said the father was not handling his son's death well --

I feel so sorry for this family especially the wife/mom -- I can't imagine what I would do!

PRAYERS for this family!!!