66 replies to this topic

#41 nogo00069

nogo00069

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

SO......did he or did he not get fired..........

BTW.....this is my 700th post......im getting close to 1000

#42 candykitten

candykitten

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Caveman @ Nov 14 2007, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SO......did he or did he not get fired..........
BTW.....this is my 700th post......im getting close to 1000

Yes, someone please tell us, did he or did he not get fired?

#43 jmd

jmd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:15 AM

He was still working there yesterday.

#44 MommaS

MommaS

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (epmom0971 @ Nov 14 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When did it become OK for kids to act anyway they want -on or off the field- and parents, administration,public not expect the person in charge to correct them?
If Coach Dorsey and/or Coach Reid had not stepped in and a bigger problem had broken out would they not have been blamed for this also??? Coaches are not supermen with magic powers to predict what the outcome of a situation will be. You work a bunch of hormonal teenagers into a frenzy to play a big game and there are going to be times when they don't do the right thing...That is when a coach must step in. I am proud of what our boys and Coaches have done at EAST and know how difficult and disruptive any controversy can be to the whole school. Just as I know Coach Reid , I also know Coach Dorsey and know neither would ever purposely do anything to hurt a child..We will be praying for him and his family that they do not have to go thru what we did at East.

I also agree with the post that we will not be able to get any good coaches in Paulding County if administration does not back them. Go WIN bring that trophy home....Just don't do or say anything controversial or we will suspend you or fire you or harrass you if you score too many points. That's the kind of job you could not pay most of us to take.

GO RAIDER'S WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everything that you just said. I am glad to see that someone else is taking up for the coaches. I am a EP Football mom as well and support our boys and coaches to the fullest. I just hope that the Hiram parents do the same thing for their coaches and boys.

#45 ridge rd retiree

ridge rd retiree

Pcom Innovator

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,699 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (pauldingresident1 @ Nov 13 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What edu stated about teachers letting the students fight it out is correct. Not only because of legal issues but also fear of physical harm. Try stopping 2 high school kids that are dead set on fighting???

It's shameful if the the coach was fired or even suspended. I was at the game--it really was no big deal. Sadly, the person that yells and threatens the most gets his/her way.

Remember when there was no such thing as being politically correct? Do you remember how you were brought up? How if your teacher or principal called your parents,, you were pretty much in for it? I miss those days. It was so much easier.

Just my .02 cents.

i agree with you , and i liked it better when the kids were given boxing gloves and allowed to "duke it out" . no boe involvement and no lawsuits.

#46 ridge rd retiree

ridge rd retiree

Pcom Innovator

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,699 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Ugadawgs98 @ Nov 13 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow....teachers get in trouble for breaking up fights now. Then we wonder why each generation of kids is more screwed up than the last.

biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif good comment

#47 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (candykitten @ Nov 14 2007, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, someone please tell us, did he or did he not get fired?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HE DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 Mrs. Avalon

Mrs. Avalon

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (November Rain @ Nov 13 2007, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the other mother told me about what happened, I said "sounds like the kid got what he deserved." Of course she didn't like my comment either.

She's probably a mother that thinks her precious child could never, ever do anything wrong and how dare that mean, big, bad coach try to pull my precious johnny out of a fight and making a total arse out of himself?

Sorry for the sarcasm. I'm so tired of parents always looking to blame someone else for their child's poor behavior and poor choices. It's a sad, sad state of affairs.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.

#49 nogo00069

nogo00069

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (hornetsfan @ Nov 14 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HE DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know a simple no would have done fine

#50 Mrs. Avalon

Mrs. Avalon

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Caveman @ Nov 14 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know a simple no would have done fine

I think she was just tired of all of the innuendo and rumors flying around. She's extremely involved in Hiram's Football and Track programs and hates when completely unfounded rumors get going about the program she devotes much of her life to.

#51 antnice

antnice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

It seems that I saw the same thing that James Mills did in the earlier post. Dorsey had pulled his player away by about 10 yards and the player was not resisting, and then he body slammed the kid to the ground. I thought it was uncalled for. I was shocked and so were alot of the parents around me. I agree they should not be fighting but football is an aggressive sport, and tempers sometime flare up. Throw a flag, eject both players and move on with the end of the game. Its funny that alot of people talked about the mother rushing out on the field, but the guys that I spoke to said that they would have done the same thing. My son is 15 and I would have too!

#52 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,151 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

did anyone ever confirm that the coach was fired?

#53 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (NumberCruncher @ Nov 14 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did anyone ever confirm that the coach was fired?

No he was not fired.
It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#54 spunky

spunky

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

I saw the fight also, the hiram boy was trying to get away from the coach. Had he turned him loose, he would have been fighting again. He didn't throw him to the ground. Even if he did, surley if he plays football, he could handle that. We pamper our kids too much even when they are doing wrong. The coach did nothing wrong.

#55 raclay

raclay

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (hornetsfan @ Nov 14 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for letting us know that he is still employed. It would be such a shame if he had in fact been fired for trying to break up a fight. Kids these days get too many freedoms. I remember when my 3rd grade teacher grabbed me by my wrist and told me to stop talking that she was trying to teach. I still remember the white finger print marks she left on me and her yellowed smokers finger nails. Did she hurt me? NO. But she embarassed me and I was very respectful from that point on, to her and all of my future teachers. She is now a Dr of Education an is principle of my old elementary school. To this day she remains my MOST FAVORITE teacher.

So you're not from the South, that's okay, you got here as fast as you could.

#56 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,151 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Nov 13 2007, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard today that the Hiram coach was fired for subduing one if his players this past friday at the Hiram vs. Paulding county game. Is this true?

you've answered your own question.

#57 methyl1

methyl1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (NumberCruncher @ Nov 14 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you've answered your own question.

Please educate me as to how?
It times of universa deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

#58 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Mrs. Avalon @ Nov 14 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she was just tired of all of the innuendo and rumors flying around. She's extremely involved in Hiram's Football and Track programs and hates when completely unfounded rumors get going about the program she devotes much of her life to.

THANK YOU
i am so sick all bull sh-- and people try to destory peoples lifes like i said he better think god that he was not my child . coach dorsey is the best thing that has happen to hiram end of story

Edited by hornetsfan, 14 November 2007 - 05:10 PM.

#59 MommaS

MommaS

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:16 PM

I have one question. Why are you all so supportive of Coach Dorsey ( I to agree that he was in the right and should not have been fired) but when what happened at EPHS the majority of you were ready to hang Coach Reid out to dry? Most everyone had nothing positive to say and his situation wasn't near as bad as what happened between Coach Dorsey and his player. Is it just the fact that you all do not like seeing EPHS doing as well as they are?

#60 Mrs. Avalon

Mrs. Avalon

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (MommaS @ Nov 14 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have one question. Why are you all so supportive of Coach Dorsey ( I to agree that he was in the right and should not have been fired) but when what happened at EPHS the majority of you were ready to hang Coach Reid out to dry? Most everyone had nothing positive to say and his situation wasn't near as bad as what happened between Coach Dorsey and his player. Is it just the fact that you all do not like seeing EPHS doing as well as they are?

I personally don't know anything about what happend at EPHS, don't care, and had no comment. I was only commenting on what happened at Hiram and the state our country is in when a parent/group of parents has a cow when a coach tries to keep one of his players from getting into a brawl in the middle of a football field in front of God and the whole world.

#61 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,151 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (methyl1 @ Nov 14 2007, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please educate me as to how?

Your OP asks if it is true that the coach got fired.

When I asked if his firing was confirmed, you responded with, "No, he was not fired."

#62 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (MommaS @ Nov 14 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well let me tell why my son was around in the o boyld days and so on he now is in college coach has been there us he is a good man he has a lovely family if you don't know him and you can't say any thing positive about him then don't say anything at all

#63 MommaS

MommaS

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (hornetsfan @ Nov 14 2007, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well let me tell why my son was around in the o boyld days and so on he now is in college coach has been there us he is a good man he has a lovely family if you don't know him and you can't say any thing positive about him then don't say anything at all

I did not say anything Negative about Coach Dorsey. Maybe you need to read my question again. I agree with what the Coach did. What I want to know is why if one Coach is so in the wrong on this website and another that did something gets all the support in the world.

#64 AIRBORNE MOM

AIRBORNE MOM

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

Happy ot hear about the Coach. smile.gif This should mean that the whole issue is now "Water under the Bridge"... right?
On The 8th Day God Created The Paratrooper And
Hell Cried..... "AIRBORNE!!"

#65 mryburg

mryburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:38 AM

I am glad thay did not firer him. Thay have every one fighting and do not do anything. Custadions are fighting all the time and thay do not fire any of them.

#66 jmd

jmd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (mryburg @ Nov 15 2007, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad thay did not firer him. Thay have every one fighting and do not do anything. Custadions are fighting all the time and thay do not fire any of them.

You hit the nail on the head!

#67 hornetsfan

hornetsfan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (MommaS @ Nov 14 2007, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not say anything Negative about Coach Dorsey. Maybe you need to read my question again. I agree with what the Coach did. What I want to know is why if one Coach is so in the wrong on this website and another that did something gets all the support in the world.

sorry i may have miss read it i know nouthing about the coach at east Paulding or what it was all about . i think that these parents should back these teachers and coaches and look how there kids act . my heart go out to all teachers coaches and even bus drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics