Paulding.com

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is hwy 61 open yet i have not heard?

on the alabama reply...when I first moved out here I used to say..."turn right to go to Publix and left to buy fireworks". :D

and,I hate this stretch of road by the way...very dangerous. Prayers for all.

on the alabama reply...when I first moved out here I used to say..."turn right to go to Publix and left to buy fireworks". :D

and,I hate this stretch of road by the way...very dangerous. Prayers for all.

I hear you, I had chills when I first heard about it,

You always know there is a good possibility someone just died a mile or 2 up the rd.

It really is a scarey road!

Now that it is getting dark earlier we have the added stress of watching for deer, on top of watching for cars coming at you in the wrong lane doing 70 & 80 miles an hr.

I am worried. Afraid to call. My son is getting married tomorrow at High Shoals. The rehearsal dinner is tonight. My MIL is catering and lives on 61. They are delivering the food today. Can someone give me some info before I call? She would have been pulling in and out of High Shoals Rd. all day today. I am in Dalton and about to head towards home.

I'm heading towards home. I haven't heard anything on my end yet. We all have drive that stretch of road, so I am praying for everyone. I am counting on my crew being okay. I'll check back in about an hour. Hopefully, the news will be better than it sounds.

I'm relieved that YOU posted. ;)

I sat in traffic for probably 20 minutes before i had to turn around and take a detour down Snote Jones Rd so that I could get home. Traffic will probably be backed up for a while. You can't turn onto High Shoals or Shady Grove and 61 is shut down completely. Looks to be pretty bad. The entire time that I was sitting there they were working on one patient in the ambulance.

I am so sorry this has happened yet again...

and it really makes me ill at those in charge at PCOM, that after all these years of scanner posting with vehicle descriptions, NOW WE CAN"T! I have family and friends here too, and I look on here just for that type of information.

I really feel bad for the folks that have loved ones up that way and can't find out anything <_<

I am so sorry this has happened yet again...

and it really makes me ill at those in charge at PCOM, that after all these years of scanner posting with vehicle descriptions, NOW WE CAN"T! I have family and friends here too, and I look on here just for that type of information.

I really feel bad for the folks that have loved ones up that way and can't find out anything <_<

I am not sure we can but vehicle descriptions were not heard or did not come through..

I am not sure we can but vehicle descriptions were not heard or did not come through..

Somebody within the last couple of weeks has stopped all posting of vehicles, I think it was PUBBY, but I still don't like it.

Vehicle descriptions have been postedd as long as I've been on PCOM.

We live right off of High Shoals Rd, about a mile from this intersection. I'm nervous everytime I have to take a left onto High Shoals when coming up 61N. You've got fools flying southbound at 70-80 over the hill and foos flying northbound at 70-80 up the hill, meanwhile you sit there stopped and waiting to turn. When turning I worry about someone flying over the hill and hammering my passenger side. If I'm there waiting to turn I worry about someone flying up and rear ending me and push me into the oncoming traffic. It's really pretty dangerous.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I RARELY see cops out on 61. I despise speed traps but when you've had numerous fatal crashes on the same stretch of road, it's time to slow people down. Speed traps, if nothing else, will get people to slow down if they're used to seeing traps at the same spots repeatedly.

We live right off of High Shoals Rd, about a mile from this intersection. I'm nervous everytime I have to take a left onto High Shoals when coming up 61N. You've got fools flying southbound at 70-80 over the hill and foos flying northbound at 70-80 up the hill, meanwhile you sit there stopped and waiting to turn. When turning I worry about someone flying over the hill and hammering my passenger side. If I'm there waiting to turn I worry about someone flying up and rear ending me and push me into the oncoming traffic. It's really pretty dangerous.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I RARELY see cops out on 61. I despise speed traps but when you've had numerous fatal crashes on the same stretch of road, it's time to slow people down. Speed traps, if nothing else, will get people to slow down if they're used to seeing traps at the same spots repeatedly.

Actually, I see police on 61 quite a bit. Unfortunately that won't help slow people down (IMO). People who think they are in a hurry and drive like maniacs don't really worry about getting pulled over. If they did - they wouldn't be driving like that in the first place. If a ton of deaths on the road don't scare them, I don't think a minimal fine will either. I just wish people would stop to think about all they risk behind the wheel.

I agree - I hear traffic stops on 61 N a lot.

Cops driving down the road and speed traps are two totally different things, imo. I drive to downtown ATL for work and I know where I most often see speed traps and I, along with the general flow of traffic, seem to slow down in those spots until we know for sure that there isn't a cop sitting on the side of the road. Whatever, it's not important. People should know better anyway not to haul ass uphill into blind curves.

Not talking about cops driving down the road - I mean 10-38 traffic stops on 61 N.

I don't think they are evident on the road enough. You should be afraid to drive over the limit for fear of getting an expensive ticket and insurance rate increase.

High Shoals Rd an 61 is just a bad place you have limited sight there need to be a light just for turning cars on and off 61

so the cars turning would trigger the light for traffic to stop

"i have almost ran into cars coming onto 61 south I'm doing the speed limitthey just don't see you when your down in the hole coming up the hill"

I did go to the accident site, and I didn't post description of auto's, waiting for the family to hear or someone with family with auto's that fits the description, to be scared to death thinking that it was their family, but it has been a few hours and I will share the color of involved.

a blue (dark blue van, not mini and a red pick-up truck

I pray all involved are o.k. please be praying for them.

this was someones' Mother, Father, Daughter ,son, sister or brother,

please pray for the families

Edited by blossombud
I would post them if I had heard - I'm in Marietta today and at the mercy of the scanpaulding web-site.

I think the issue is with posting vehicle descriptions, such as red passenger car, along with a fatality accident.

I agree Freebird and I think the SO doesn't air them most of the time for this reason. I know if I was sitting here on pcom and a fatality crash was reported with a purple or whatever vehicle, I would probably go crazy if some of my family in that area happened to drive that color car. Nevermind that it might not be the right make or model. I probably wouldn't even see that part of the post. I would be freaking out! I don't think any of us want to hear bad news but if you see it in print when you are alone it would be horrible. I think not posting them is just common courtesy to the families of the ones involved. Once the families/friends have been notified you can bet someone will post what they know.

I did go to the accident site, and I didn't post description of auto's, waiting for the family to hear or someone with family with auto's that fits the description, to be scared to death thinking that it was there family, but it has been a few hours and I will share the color of involved.

a blue (dark blue van, not mini and a red pick-up truck

I pray all involved are o.k. please be praying for them.

this was someones' Mother, Father, Daughter ,son, sister or brother,

please pray for the families

they were posted

I want to be clear. We have not rule regarding the posting of vehicle descriptions.

Whether or not the colors or descriptions are posted are a matter of someone with the skill and knowledge and opportunity to observe and then post the descriptions. If they do not come over the emergency scanner or someone does not observe the vehicles, we would not encourage someone to make it up.

If someone were to pass by and photograph the scene, other than removing an obviously objectionable element, we would publish the photo.

If the vehcile descriptions are not posted, it is due to the choice of the posters who may or many not have the information.

pubby

Pat, you may want to straighten out your moderators (the imperfect, volunteer types)

I'll be happy to find the post where one of them goes over the 2 year old rule of not posting vehicle descriptions when a fatality has been determined.

Normally, when the SO or EMS is dispatched the vehicle descriptions are provided - red passenger car V black F150 or similar. There was no mention of the vehicles because the SO unit called in the accident.