Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
FreeBird

MVA-I with entrapment x3: stations 6 & 1

rescue 6 & eng 1 clark med 1, batt 1 responding

3 vehicles

1 unconscious, breathing, but entrapped

possibly 3 others entrapped

Called in by SO19 -need rescue 10-18 - one car smoking - only has one extinguisher

I'm listening to this online, so I'm sure I am missing some traffic

r6 on scene - shutting down hwy 61

3410 on scene - confirms three entrapped with one unconscious

request two helos on standby - need one in air now

haven't heard types of vehicles or people involved

3410a - establishing command - need on chopper to land at Northside Elem - R6 beginning extraction now.

engine 1 on scene

SO 19 requests DOT to setup a detour

first clark unit on scene

first patient being packaged - beginning work on second patient

need second chopper in air

3410 on scene -assuming command

do you need third chopper?

both EF choppers on ground - clark with patient at LZ

need third chopper at same LZ

DG, please fill in anything I have missed

LAW 1 went 10-3 for SO 19 for 2 seconds - radio coverage is terrible at the area they are at.

I guess I could say that for 80% of the calls.

That makes 3 accidents on that stretch of road this year and that is yards from that last fatal accident.

61 North is getting to be awful and very sad to drive.

That makes 3 accidents on that stretch of road this year and that is yards from that last fatal accident.

61 North is getting to be awful and very sad to drive.

Yep!! it will always be dangerous, and I have no chice but to drive it everyday, I live off of 61N. Last night at night now, a tractor trailor passed the us on a Hill, I WAS TERRIFIED.

Yep!! it will always be dangerous, and I have no chice but to drive it everyday, I live off of 61N. Last night at night now, a tractor trailor passed the us on a Hill, I WAS TERRIFIED.

Same here.

My husband came home ticked off one night cause this guy stayed on his rear end all the way back from Cartersville. Hubby said he even slowed to a crawl so the guy could pass and he refused, so hubby moved to shoulder and stopped they guy finally passed by. Another car stopped behind hubby and said he saw the whole thing. To bad neither of them got a license plate!!!

do you need third chopper?

both EF choppers on ground - clark with patient at LZ

need third chopper at same LZ

DG, please fill in anything I have missed

I think you have covered what can be made out. There is a lot of static over the radios. Things come over your scanner faster than they do mine.

DG, I am just listen online - I am in Marietta today.

I believe there are only there choppers involved - Emory Flight 3 &1 and Rescue Air 1.

I just came thru there and it did not look good. prayers go out to all those involved. It is so dangerous on 61N lately people have passed me running as least 75 Everyone traveling this road please slow down.

I believe there are only there choppers involved - Emory Flight 3 &1 and Rescue Air 1.

Oh OK. I think you are right about there being only 3 choppers. I was confused when someone said there were 4. I believe that is incorrect.

nope there is four

red an white "metro i think" flew over the house from cobb i see them around the crash site

Edited by 2shortontime

Emory flight 5 on ground - that makes 4 choppers

don't have my portable today so I can report on the radio traffic from chopper to LZ crew

nope there is four

red an white "metro i think" flew over the house from cobb i see them around the crash site

Looks like your right. We have not been able to hear all the traffic. It is broken and full of static. Seems to be better right now.

Thanks

I sat in traffic for probably 20 minutes before i had to turn around and take a detour down Snote Jones Rd so that I could get home. Traffic will probably be backed up for a while. You can't turn onto High Shoals or Shady Grove and 61 is shut down completely. Looks to be pretty bad. The entire time that I was sitting there they were working on one patient in the ambulance.

I sat in traffic for probably 20 minutes before i had to turn around and take a detour down Snote Jones Rd so that I could get home. Traffic will probably be backed up for a while. You can't turn onto High Shoals or Shady Grove and 61 is shut down completely. Looks to be pretty bad. The entire time that I was sitting there they were working on one patient in the ambulance.

I am at burnt hickory, I need to get to Dallas, can I get around this?

I am at burnt hickory, I need to get to Dallas, can I get around this?

Turn on Rock Store road when you get to the stop sign take a left on Harmony Grove and a right on Snote Jones that will take you back out to 61.

Turn on Rock Store road when you get to the stop sign take a left on Harmony Grove and a right on Snote Jones that will take you back out to 61.

Thanks, I have not used the side roads that much, and I don't want to end up in Alabama!