32 replies to this topic

#1 schambe7

schambe7

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

Ok I am soooooo not a deer meat type person but my husband wanted tenderloin tonight. Therefore me being the nice wife I am laugh.gif said I would make it. Does anyone have any simple recipes. I've heard marinating it in worcestershire and garlic is good. Anyone have any other suggestions???

#2 HiramGirl

HiramGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

I do a dry rub of salt, pepper and Emeril's seasonings. Roast and done.

QUOTE (schambe7 @ Oct 24 2007, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I am soooooo not a deer meat type person but my husband wanted tenderloin tonight. Therefore me being the nice wife I am laugh.gif said I would make it. Does anyone have any simple recipes. I've heard marinating it in worcestershire and garlic is good. Anyone have any other suggestions???

#3 Sandra #20 Fan

Sandra #20 Fan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

My husband marinates his in Italian Dressing then wraps bacon around it, and usually smokes it but he also grills it. I don't know if it is good because I don't eat it, he says it is the best!!

#4 moxie37

moxie37

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

You can marinate in dale sauce and cook on grill..and also can wrap in bacon and cook on grill..its really good

#5 newhopemom

newhopemom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

My son cooked some for my daughter while I was out of town, she said it was delicious and she doesn't eat deer meat, of course he did not tell her what it was until after they had eat it.
He said he sprinkled it with seasoning salt and put dale sauce on it and then he grilled it on the george foreman grill.

#6 GO*BAMA

GO*BAMA

In War, Everday is Memorial Day! SEMPER FI!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

I usually slice mine and fry it. I put some worschetersire in with oil and fry just till the pink is almost gone. Fix it with gravy and biscuits and collards or green beans.
What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
Sometimes love has to drive a nail into it's on hand!

Posted Image Posted Image In honor of my cuz who's serving in Iraq! [size=1][color="#4169E1"]

#7 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

Great marinade is :
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 Dales steak seasoning(liquid)
1 tblsp. montreal chicken seasoning(dry)
salt/pepper to taste
let meat marinade for 1 hr or all day then,the secret to tender venison is,you must add a little fat to it. Pan seer it with a piece or two of bacon on a very hot pan or skillet. Only seer it for about 2 mins on each side and then check it. It should not be cooked longer than medium(some pink). It will continue(like a steak)to cook for another couple of mins. after you remove it from the heat. Don't overdo it. It will be great! Oh!Serve it with some black currant preserves and a few drops of balsamic vinegar(heated together) on top!
Is it thin slices or a whole loin? If it is a whole loin,I would seer it the same way,cover it tightly with foil and bake for about an hr and 15 mins on lower heat to tenderize it.I'll shut up now. smile.gif
"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#8 RaceGirl

RaceGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

My daddy used to soak it in vinegar for about an hour to get what he called the "wild" taste out of it then marinade it in Dale's or Moore's marinade (the official marinade of Talladega Superspeedway) biggrin.gif
My Nephew,The Marine,fights for your right to read this! SEMPER FI

Where's My Mule, Where's My Forty Acres? ~ Warren Haynes, Govt. Mule

Jesus Loves You.... everyone else thinks you're a sphincter! ! ~ Random Bumper Sticker

#9 Jons Sweetie

Jons Sweetie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (moxie37 @ Oct 24 2007, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can marinate in dale sauce and cook on grill..and also can wrap in bacon and cook on grill..its really good

My dad does this exact same thing except he mixes tabasco in with the dale sauce. I love it!!
A Dream is not what you see in your sleep, it is the thing that does not let you sleep!

#10 RaceGirl

RaceGirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (AGipperGirl @ Oct 24 2007, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great marinade is :
1/2 cup apple cider
salt/pepper to taste
let meat marinade for 1 hr or all day then,the secret to tender venison is,you must add a little fat to it. Pan seer it with a piece or two of bacon on a very hot pan or skillet. Only seer it for about 2 mins on each side and then check it. It should not be cooked longer than medium(some pink). It will continue(like a steak)to cook for another couple of mins. after you remove it from the heat. Don't overdo it. It will be great! Oh!Serve it with some black currant preserves and a few drops of balsamic vinegar(heated together) on top!

Okay - so since you are obviously a pro - dinner's at your house tonight? laugh.gif
My Nephew,The Marine,fights for your right to read this! SEMPER FI

Where's My Mule, Where's My Forty Acres? ~ Warren Haynes, Govt. Mule

Jesus Loves You.... everyone else thinks you're a sphincter! ! ~ Random Bumper Sticker

#11 WebsterMOM

WebsterMOM

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:32 PM

I can't wait for my hubby to kill us a deer this year -- We are out of deer meat!!!!!!

I don't do anything to my tenderloin expect salt, peper, and garlic and cook it real slow in the electric skillet -- YUMMY --

What does WILD taste like?!?!?!

LEAP parapro for PCSD
Mom to Joe (16) and Emma (9) Wife to Phil for 20 years! I LOVE YOU!

GO PACK!!!

#12 schambe7

schambe7

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (AGipperGirl @ Oct 24 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great marinade is :
1/2 cup apple cider
salt/pepper to taste
Is it thin slices or a whole loin? If it is a whole loin,I would seer it the same way,cover it tightly with foil and bake for about an hr and 15 mins on lower heat to tenderize it.I'll shut up now. smile.gif

It is already sliced

#13 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

If anyone is allergic to MSG (monosodium glutimate) lay off the Dale's. That junk is full of MSG. Gives me a migrain just to think about it.
Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

#14 schambe7

schambe7

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

I've cooked ground up deer before and it is pretty good but I just haven't been able to cook the tenderloin without it having that twang to it.

#15 chellie

chellie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

marinate in Italian dressing, flour it and fry.

Edited by chellie, 24 October 2007 - 12:42 PM.

#16 MsHarvey

MsHarvey

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

I fix mine like cubed steak. I add lipton onions soup mix to my flour w/a litlle salt,pepper,garlic powder & onion powder, batter and fry it. It doesn't take long, just a couple of minutes on each side..

#17 lmsbell

lmsbell

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

Marinate in Dales sauce then wrap with bacon and onions hold that in place with toothpick then grill it. Its the only type of deer meat I will eat.
LMSBELL

Conquer your resolutions....

#18 Skooter92

Skooter92

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

you can always do the VERY unhealthy way: roll it flour & fry it in hot grease & make mashed taters & gravy to go wif it...

OMG I hope hubby gets a deer this weekend. ninja.gif
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?"~Princess Diana~

#19 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (schambe7 @ Oct 24 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is already sliced

great. Then it will cook very quickly. Good luck! smile.gif
"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#20 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (RaceGirl @ Oct 24 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay - so since you are obviously a pro - dinner's at your house tonight? laugh.gif
C'mon! Just trying to decide what Im going to cook as we speak..or type! Actually,that recipe is very simple.anybody can do it and you probably have all of it except the black currant preserves. You could also use orange,apricot or apple preserves (or jelly) or drizzle some honey on top.Yummy!
If you are interested and feeling brave after the tenderloin for more venison,I'll send you a really good crock pot venison recipe.Good for cold weather!

#21 orrby

orrby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:52 PM

"IF" you like spicey foods I recommend this...

Jamaican Jerk
This is one of our all-time favorite recipes!

* 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons Ground sage
* 3/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
* 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons Garlic powder or fresh
* 1 tablespoon Sugar or splenda
* 1/4 cup Olive oil
* 1/4 cup Soy sauce
* 3/4 cup White Vinegar or red whine vinergar
* 1/2 cup Orange juice
* 1 Lime juice
* 1/4 cup Scotch bonnet pepper (habanero) or canned jalopeno
* 3 Green onions -- finely chopped
* 1 med Onion -- finely chopped
Any meat

"JERK: This method of cooking pork and chicken dates back to the Carib-Arawak Indians who inhabited Jamaica.

Seed and finely chop Scotch Bonnet pepper (or chopped jalopenos). Trim chicken of fat. In a blender, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder/cloves and sugar, olive oil, say sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
Add the Scotch Bonnet pepper(or chopped jalopenos), onion, and mix well. Poor over chicken breasts, steak, or pork,(We have found this is good on any meat)cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
Preheat an outdoor grill.
Remove the meat from the marinade and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. While grilling, baste with the marinade. Bring the leftover marinade to a boil and serve on the side for dipping.
Note: Scotch Bonnet peppers, also known as "Habaneros" are the hottest of the capsicum peppers, they're truly incendiary.

We use jalopeno's instead of habaneros.

Edited by orrby, 24 October 2007 - 01:52 PM.

#22 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (orrby @ Oct 24 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"IF" you like spicey foods I recommend this...

Jamaican Jerk
This is one of our all-time favorite recipes!

* 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons Ground sage
* 3/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
* 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons Garlic powder or fresh
* 1 tablespoon Sugar or splenda
* 1/4 cup Olive oil
* 1/4 cup Soy sauce
* 3/4 cup White Vinegar or red whine vinergar
* 1/2 cup Orange juice
* 1 Lime juice
* 1/4 cup Scotch bonnet pepper (habanero) or canned jalopeno
* 3 Green onions -- finely chopped
* 1 med Onion -- finely chopped
Any meat
"JERK: This method of cooking pork and chicken dates back to the Carib-Arawak Indians who inhabited Jamaica.

Seed and finely chop Scotch Bonnet pepper (or chopped jalopenos). Trim chicken of fat. In a blender, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder/cloves and sugar, olive oil, say sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.
Add the Scotch Bonnet pepper(or chopped jalopenos), onion, and mix well. Poor over chicken breasts, steak, or pork,(We have found this is good on any meat)cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible.
Preheat an outdoor grill.
Remove the meat from the marinade and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. While grilling, baste with the marinade. Bring the leftover marinade to a boil and serve on the side for dipping.
Note: Scotch Bonnet peppers, also known as "Habaneros" are the hottest of the capsicum peppers, they're truly incendiary.

We use jalopeno's instead of habaneros.

Good stuff right there.

#23 JerryLovedLSU

JerryLovedLSU

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

1) Inject it with whatever you like
2) Refrigerate for 24 hours
3) Roll it in flour
4) Deep fry that sumbingle

actually cutting in half or into thirds should be the first step, but you get the picture.

#24 UpgradedToPlatinum!

UpgradedToPlatinum!

One Day At A Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,308 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:09 PM

Jim Zumbo has a cookbook with tons of GREAT deer meat recipes. I never liked it til Donnie bought that cookbook, and started cooking it that way, and I loved it!
Posted Image

#25 BabeCake

BabeCake

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Pound it with a tenderizing hammer then marinate it in worcestershire sauce and Classic Coca Cola. Batter it with flour, salt, and pepper then fry it like cubed steak.

#26 telracs eracniks

telracs eracniks

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Try making a batter with milk and flower, dipping it twice on both sides, season with salt & pepper and cook over medium heat in a pan with butter. It will be very tender and not gamy tasting. You can also let it sit in the fridge in buttermilk for about 15-20 minutes before hand and it also helps take the gamy taste out and makes it even more tender. That's how I made it 15 years ago and it was always tasty...great for breakfast too!

Scarlet

#27 schambe7

schambe7

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Ok well I got hubby to put it off till tomorrow night but I guess I will have to cook it then. I think I'm gonna try a gipper girls recipe. Thank you all for the ideas I'll probably try most of them if not all. My fil just brought us a freezer full.Yippee can you hear my excitement. tongue.gif

#28 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (schambe7 @ Oct 25 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok well I got hubby to put it off till tomorrow night but I guess I will have to cook it then. I think I'm gonna try a gipper girls recipe. Thank you all for the ideas I'll probably try most of them if not all. My fil just brought us a freezer full.Yippee can you hear my excitement. tongue.gif

Dats sum nasty stuff right there. Deer meat just don't do it for me. Take my lease money, liscense money, gun money and buy me a side of beef. You don't have to soak it in vinegar while standing on your head facing south to make it edible. wink.gif

PS: I don't have to leave home and spend the night in the woods to drink beer or to feel manly either.

#29 schambe7

schambe7

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (feelip @ Oct 25 2007, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dats sum nasty stuff right there. Deer meat just don't do it for me. Take my lease money, liscense money, gun money and buy me a side of beef. You don't have to soak it in vinegar while standing on your head facing south to make it edible. wink.gif

PS: I don't have to leave home and spend the night in the woods to drink beer or to feel manly either.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif thats what I'm saying

Edited by schambe7, 25 October 2007 - 10:18 PM.

#30 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (schambe7 @ Oct 25 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope you like it. Let me know!

#31 schambe7

schambe7

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

What are black currant preserves?

#32 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (schambe7 @ Oct 26 2007, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are black currant preserves?

go to the jelly isle. Publix has them. Look for the higher end looking (specialty) brands and you'll find it. They are black cherries and really good with venison or pork. But,orange or apricot are good,too. Or,even pineapple.

#33 TomTom69

TomTom69

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:15 PM

Season with garlic salt and pepper, mix eggs and buttermilk and let tenderloin soak in mixture for around half an hour. Then, shake in flour, I use a tupperware bowl with a lid. After, you coat with flour fry in a little oil. This is the best way that I have found that you can cook it. DELICIOUS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics