12 replies to this topic

#1 bucky1966

bucky1966

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

Congatulations to the McClure 8th Grade team for their win against the Austin Eagles. Final score was McClure - 20 and Austin - 18. Great game!!!!

#2 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

YES... Awesome game !!! The Wolves did a great job !!

#3 TREBLOTS

TREBLOTS

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (bucky1966 @ Oct 13 2007, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congatulations to the McClure 8th Grade team for their win against the Austin Eagles. Final score was McClure - 20 and Austin - 18. Great game!!!!

Uh oh...can someone clarify? Congrats to McClure but your win wasn't over the Austin Eagles because they played and won (5-0) against South Paulding Panthers today. It was a great game...18-6.

The Eagles are looking forward to the McClure game next Saturday. Both games should be exciting.

#4 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Wanna check the date on the original posts???? tongue.gif

#5 TREBLOTS

TREBLOTS

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (maxine @ Oct 11 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wanna check the date on the original posts???? tongue.gif

Oops...sorry! Would you happen to know who McClure played today and what the scores were? Thanks!!

#6 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

McClure played East Middle. The 7th grade McClure team won. I believe it was 28-6 or something like that. We left just after half time for the 8th grade game but East was winning pretty big in the 3rd quarter.!!

#7 nick78vsu

nick78vsu

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (maxine @ Oct 11 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
McClure played East Middle. The 7th grade McClure team won. I believe it was 28-6 or something like that. We left just after half time for the 8th grade game but East was winning pretty big in the 3rd quarter.!!

8th grade
East 28 McClure 0
East was up 28-0 at halftime, played the second half with a running clock much like the 7th grade game.
The East team is VERY good, hard hitting, and fast. I do not see them losing again.

#8 changesintheair

changesintheair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (nick78vsu @ Oct 12 2008, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
8th grade
East 28 McClure 0
East was up 28-0 at halftime, played the second half with a running clock much like the 7th grade game.
The East team is VERY good, hard hitting, and fast. I do not see them losing again.

That is a very arrogant statement coming from someone who has admitted to being a coach at EPMS.

I am very surprised that a coach would make a statement like that. How stupid is that???? huh.gif

Edited by changesintheair, 12 October 2008 - 07:23 AM.

#9 ejjlj

ejjlj

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

They haven't played Austin yet. Both 7th and 8th grade teams have a perfect season so far!
GO EAGLES!!!!

#10 nick78vsu

nick78vsu

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (changesintheair @ Oct 12 2008, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]
[/u][/color]
That is a very arrogant statement coming from someone who has admitted to being a coach at EPMS.

I am very surprised that a coach would make a statement like that. How stupid is that???? huh.gif

Arrogant yes... Stupid? your funny! I do not think that it is stupid to have confidence in the players. If you feel that it is I am sorry that you feel that way, but hey we are all intilted to our own opinion, even if its one such as your's as calling my support for the kids playing football both arrogant and stupid, so be it.
I have no problem being called arrogant.

#11 Parrot Head

Parrot Head

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

I am a McClure mom and am VERY proud of our boys, but, with that said... I have to say that I agree with Nick78vsu. East is a VERY impressive team with great players. Granted, I haven't seen Austin yet, but I would be amazed if anyone beat East at this point. I LOVE ME SOME WOLVES!!!! But East just out played us...
If we couldn't laugh - we would all go insane!!!

#12 changesintheair

changesintheair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (nick78vsu @ Oct 13 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arrogant yes... Stupid? your funny! I do not think that it is stupid to have confidence in the players. If you feel that it is I am sorry that you feel that way, but hey we are all intilted to our own opinion, even if its one such as your's as calling my support for the kids playing football both arrogant and stupid, so be it.
I have no problem being called arrogant.

The problem I have with your post is that you have admitted that you are a first year coach in the EPMS forum. I think you are funny if you believe that for one min that as a coach of a middle school student that you will not lose again. I did not question your confidence in your players. You are a rookie and it shows. Veteran coaches just don't make statements like you did. At least the good ones don't.

Either way good luck in the playoffs and for your humility's sake I hope your team wins it all. If not I hope you like crow. BTW, I do believe that Coach Felix has done a good job with those kids.

#13 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

I'm another McClure mom (7th) and I have to say that the boys at East are well coached and it would not surprise me at all if they didn't lose another game. Both 7th & 8th are really good teams.

The season is almost over for middle school. sad.gif I will miss it. My baby's (13 yo) first year of football ever. But he will hopefully be back as an eighth grader!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics