Paulding.com

REMINDER....just a few days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls .

......YOUR CELL PHONE WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE SALES CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.

It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.

Whatever phone you call from is the one you can block...i.e you can't call from your cell to block your house phone.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It takes about 20 seconds

or you can also go to:

www.donotcall.gov

REMINDER....just a few days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls .

......YOUR CELL PHONE WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE SALES CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.

It blocks your number for five (5) years.

You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.

Whatever phone you call from is the one you can block...i.e you can't call from your cell to block your house phone.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It takes about 20 seconds

or you can also go to:

www.donotcall.gov

the donotcall.gov is a legit place, however, the story about your cell phone number being given out is not true. Check out at snopes.com

that being said, any company that you do business with, that has your number, can call you. If you do business with a national company they can give your number to one of their telemarketers who can call and ask about their services. So registering at donotcall.gov can only do just so much.

any company that you do business with, that has your number, can call you. If you do business with a national company they can give your number to one of their telemarketers who can call and ask about their services. So registering at donotcall.gov can only do just so much.

Actually, they are only permitted to call you for 18 months after a transaction.

I am glad you posted this, because people that signed up when this first started are almost at five years. It is up to you to register before your five years are up. I listed my cell phone number five years ago, because I think it is just a matter of time before our numbers are released.

I had heard at one time they were gonna have a cell phone directory. No privacy at all!

I actually registered both cell phones and my house phone but admitedly, if it only prevents a few of the annoying calls.....it's worth the few minutes to make the initial blocking call.

I also remember hearing something about a way they bypass the list if you fill out a form someplace and somewhere in the terms and conditions it says they can contact you....probably very small print...never-the-less they now have 'your permission' to call you so be weary of any forms or documents you sign anyplace.

I also got a lbox (very very small) that I attached to one of my phone lines in the house and it works on all of the houselines.....when I either pick the phone up to make a call or answer it...a three step tone comes out and most machines take it as a wrong number and hang up. It's actually worked quite well. I got mine at the Dollar General some time ago, but I'm sure there are some various and varied versions around....(maybe Radio Shack?).