• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bsmith

bsmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

I have seen the Raider Brigade on several occasions this year. WOW! What is going on over there?

#2 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

Are they better? (not saying they were bad-they weren't. Even the best has room for improvement. happy.gif ) If I'm not mistaken, they got a new band director this year.

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#3 meanmrmustard

meanmrmustard

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (bsmith @ Sep 27 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have seen the Raider Brigade on several occasions this year. WOW! What is going on over there?

Give it time. Two new directors and the kids just have to make the adjustments. I sure would hate to see all the work that Becton and Davies did go down the drain! They were the best! I wish the new guys the best.

#4 bsmith

bsmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (meanmrmustard @ Sep 27 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give it time. Two new directors and the kids just have to make the adjustments. I sure would hate to see all the work that Becton and Davies did go down the drain! They were the best! I wish the new guys the best.

Actually I was quite impressed. I thought they were incredible!

#5 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (bsmith @ Sep 27 2007, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I was quite impressed. I thought they were incredible!

That's what I was hoping. biggrin.gif

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#6 Curious George

Curious George

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

You ain't seen nothin' yet!!!!! Our two new band directors are making lots and lots of changes and there are still more to come. The head director writes his own shows so it is constantly changing till he is satisfied! laugh.gif

Thanks for the compliment! Our kids are working very, very hard! smile.gif

#7 threadkiller

threadkiller

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

It is never a question about who wins halftime!
The Brigade Rocks!

#8 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (threadkiller @ Sep 27 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Brigade Rocks!

amen!
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#9 buckeyegal

buckeyegal

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

Thanks to Mr. Keith and Mr. Bright. You guys ROCK! Love what you're doing with our kids, and we're having a blast working with both of you! biggrin.gif

#10 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,669 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

I have not had a chance to hear our band this year... but I have heard they are AWESOME... so much better then beofre... with new music, and moves..
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#11 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:02 AM

#12 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

I saw them,they have movement & soul. There many times better than before,it is up another level. All the extra long hours shows on the field of performance. Each director has there style & own way. Watch how this band extends there legacy,now Rome your in for it now mad.gif

#13 Curious George

Curious George

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Animal @ Oct 1 2007, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw them,they have movement & soul. There many times better than before,it is up another level. All the extra long hours shows on the field of performance. Each director has there style & own way. Watch how this band extends there legacy,now Rome your in for it now mad.gif

Rumor has it, we are not going to Peach State. Rome may have to wait another year. sad.gif

#14 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Curious George @ Oct 1 2007, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumor has it, we are not going to Peach State. Rome may have to wait another year. sad.gif

Oh no I want revenge,this band can kick butt. That band last year that won everything couldn't come close to this group. wink.gif

#15 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

Great job friday night. Its sad that the Pebblebrook band could not take the time to stop blabbing & carrying on amongst themselves to watch our halftime show. No respect.

#16 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (threadkiller @ Sep 27 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Brigade Rocks!

that's how i feel ....they make me soooo proud...i just love watching our kids ...they seem to be enjoying themselves as well and from what i hear from my daughter they love all the changes and are looking forward to competing!!

#17 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (whatzup? @ Oct 1 2007, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job friday night. Its sad that the Pebblebrook band could not take the time to stop blabbing & carrying on amongst themselves to watch our halftime show. No respect.

they were disrespectful on many levels and oh so rude. several of us went to the home side to watch our kids and they were nasty!!!!but we held it together and stayed for their performance which was very sad......but we applauded and thanked them for allowing us to sit on their side.........NASTY!RUDE!UGLY!and TACKY came to mind. too bad it has to be like that.......but i must add that our kids remain very professional and classy!!!!!!!!!

#18 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (katzeye @ Oct 1 2007, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they were disrespectful on many levels and oh so rude. several of us went to the home side to watch our kids and they were nasty!!!!but we held it together and stayed for their performance which was very sad......but we applauded and thanked them for allowing us to sit on their side.........NASTY!RUDE!UGLY!and TACKY came to mind. too bad it has to be like that.......but i must add that our kids remain very professional and classy!!!!!!!!!

Did you stick around after the game to watch Pebblebrook exit the stadium after the game? That was entertaining to watch. They exited with the same style of moves they used on the field and in the stands. The high marching, the humping moves that the color guard did all the way to the ground. When they got in front of their band room they kept up this same act with the drummers laying on the ground on their backs holding their drums in the air doing a pumping motion with the drums, the color guard still doing their somewhat vulgar moves, quiet an entertaining night.

#19 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (whatzup? @ Oct 1 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you stick around after the game to watch Pebblebrook exit the stadium after the game? That was entertaining to watch. They exited with the same style of moves they used on the field and in the stands. The high marching, the humping moves that the color guard did all the way to the ground. When they got in front of their band room they kept up this same act with the drummers laying on the ground on their backs holding their drums in the air doing a pumping motion with the drums, the color guard still doing their somewhat vulgar moves, quiet an entertaining night.

no i didn't hang around too long after.....i was one of the bus drivers and wanted to get my kids out of there.........ive driven many years and have done several rough trips so i know how ugly they can be! but i have to say that they took it to a whole new level of ugly excl.gif and as for the color guards i was expecting them to bring out the poles for a little pole dancing...........i was some what embarrassed for them and i don't embarrass easy. but all this aside our kids saw the diff. between a band of refine young people and a band of..........help me out iam speechless.....once again something i don't do........anyway looking forward to this friday!!!!!!!!

#20 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

There were 2 different types of marching bands. East is more precision and PB was more of a modern "Drumline band". I was disappointed that PB was not a nearly as good as they were last year. I enjoyed watching both sides.

#21 juicy_fruit

juicy_fruit

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

these kids (and coaches) are great!

my only complaint (observed) is when they are released from practice, when they walk back to the HS.

I wish the coaches would give the kids a quick reminder to move over to one side when walking the road between the schools.

One band member dared a parent to hit her. ohmy.gif ..she said she wasn't going to move! ohmy.gif mellow.gif (parent picking up child from softball game)

#22 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (juicy_fruit @ Oct 2 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
these kids (and coaches) are great!

my only complaint (observed) is when they are released from practice, when they walk back to the HS.

I wish the coaches would give the kids a quick reminder to move over to one side when walking the road between the schools.

One band member dared a parent to hit her. ohmy.gif ..she said she wasn't going to move! ohmy.gif mellow.gif (parent picking up child from softball game)

walking from the practice field is a tough one. I think it is too dangerous for some of the kids to drive over & some to walk, some walker will eventually get hit by a car if students are allowed to drive. I have observed kids in the back of a pickup truck w/ the truck going entirely too fast. I guess by coaches you mean the band directors?

Edited by whatzup?, 02 October 2007 - 09:18 AM.

#23 cajunbull61

cajunbull61

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (whatzup? @ Oct 2 2007, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
walking from the practice field is a tough one. I think it is too dangerous for some of the kids to drive over & some to walk, some walker will eventually get hit by a car if students are allowed to drive. I have observed kids in the back of a pickup truck w/ the truck going entirely too fast. I guess by coaches you mean the band directors?

According to my daughter, band students are no longer allowed to drive to the practice field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics