Paulding.com

10-17: all units - hold law 1 open - robbery in progress

I've only heard Grands - didn't catch address

units were responding from 61 south area

77 advise - 10-39 - "man with ponytail is a manager" cancell all other incoming units

dispatch called 10-17 - should have been 10-37

apparently workers were calling from the back of the store and saw some supicious activities - suspected they may be going to get robbed - dispatch called the armed robbery and all hell broke loose with numerous units responding

I've only heard Grands - didn't catch address

units were responding from 61 south area

77 advise - 10-39 - "man with ponytail is a manger" cancell all other incoming units

dispatch called 10-17 - should have been 10-37

Is that near PCHS?

Law 1 is the primary dispatch channel we use. The alternate channel is Law 2. When a situation calls for it we can "hold the channel" so that the only talking on that channel is about that situation. Then all other dispatch goes to Law 2, like the other calls going on in the county.

I think it was more of a misunderstanding - as I described above - the caller felt that something strange was going on - the caller saw these four men whispering to each other and felt that maybe a robbery was about to go down.

Dispatch called a 10-17 - armed robbery - hence the response of 6 or more units. After the units got there they asked dispatch if there was report of a gun - and that is when it was relayed that the suspects were acting "37" - or suspiciously. The officers responded to dispatch that was a lot different than a 10-17.

All units went in service and on with their day.

Law 1 is the primary dispatch channel we use. The alternate channel is Law 2. When a situation calls for it we can "hold the channel" so that the only talking on that channel is about that situation. Then all other dispatch goes to Law 2, like the other calls going on in the county.

Thanks for the information. Just never heard that before.

I think it was more of a misunderstanding - as I described above - the caller felt that something strange was going on - the caller saw these four men whispering to each other and felt that maybe a robbery was about to go down.

Dispatch called a 10-17 - armed robbery - hence the response of 6 or more units. After the units got there they asked dispatch if there was report of a gun - and that is when it was relayed that the suspects were acting "37" - or suspiciously. The officers responded to dispatch that was a lot different than a 10-17.

All units went in service and on with their day.

Is this the same armed robbery that put Nebo Elm in code red lock down about the same time?

I didn't hear anything about the school on the freqs that I listen to - and I do get BoE bus and admin transmissions.

JimmyZ, also the SO will sometimes change to law 2 if the primary is giving troubles - technical difficulties, etc.

The fire department has fireground 1 & 2 - maybe three - but I can't say I've ever heard a FG3 being used - that the fire units will go to if there is a big event with many units invovled.

I didn't hear anything about the school on the freqs that I listen to - and I do get BoE bus and admin transmissions.

JimmyZ, also the SO will sometimes change to law 2 if the primary is giving troubles - technical difficulties, etc.

The fire department has fireground 1 & 2 - maybe three - but I can't say I've ever heard a FG3 being used - that the fire units will go to if there is a big event with many units invovled.

I got a call this afternoon from a friend to make sure we got home okay....Another friend had gone to p/u her child in car rider line. Apparently after the buses left the put the school on lock down and took all the kids back in. Finally let them go about half an hour later.....

The mother called the school and was told the school was in code red lockdown, but that is all the info they could release. She made another call the SO and they said it was an armed robbery. Isn't an armed robbery on Ridge a little far off to put Nebo on lockdown? I could understand the one on Nebo/Dallas Nebo, but Ridge Road?