12 replies to this topic

#1 LtDantheFireMan

LtDantheFireMan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

Who is going to have the best football team this year? I don't know about the Raiders yet. Kinda hard to tell as the coach has closed practice so we can't watch.

What little I have seen concerns me as seems like there is no fire or intensity at all.
Some players don't even run their laps, just walk.

Looks like the new head coach is doing a good job, he just has his hands full with two teams to coach.

#2 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

Closed practice? ick!!!!!

#3 Captain Rhett Butler

Captain Rhett Butler

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (LtDantheFireMan @ Sep 5 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is going to have the best football team this year? I don't know about the Raiders yet. Kinda hard to tell as the coach has closed practice so we can't watch.

What little I have seen concerns me as seems like there is no fire or intensity at all.

Looks like the new head coach is doing a good job, he just has his hands full with two teams to coach.

I heard from my son that that the 7th grade team beat the 8th graders in practice.
I'm sure they were just goofing around though.
I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely.
(Rhett Butler speaking to Miss Scarlett)

#4 coach Mike

coach Mike

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

I know at least 4 players who better not be walking on laps. They were taught better than that. I think all the schools are a big question mark. I think moses will be good but hey I might be a little biased biggrin.gif oh yeah GO TITANS

#5 coach Mike

coach Mike

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:51 PM

There is so little smack talking on this site I can beleive it come Lt. Dan lets hear a little biggrin.gif

#6 Garland

Garland

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (LtDantheFireMan @ Sep 5 2007, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is that Dobbins and Jones will play for the championship.

#7 candykitten

candykitten

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

~~~~~GO HJMS~~~~

Tigers are ready for their 2nd Championship!

#8 Garland

Garland

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (candykitten @ Sep 17 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
~~~~~GO HJMS~~~~

Tigers are ready for their 2nd Championship!

Let's hope not! wink.gif

#9 LtDantheFireMan

LtDantheFireMan

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

I agree. Dobbins looks pretty strong. What is it about East Paulding Middle football and the bigger kids not wanting to play?

I can't believe how much smaller the eighth grade team is compared to the other teams in the County.

#10 GoBigTen

GoBigTen

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (LtDantheFireMan @ Sep 17 2007, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Dobbins looks pretty strong. What is it about East Paulding Middle football and the bigger kids not wanting to play?

I can't believe how much smaller the eighth grade team is compared to the other teams in the County.

Yeah - the 8th grade does look small compared to some of the other 8th grade teams. My 7th grade player can't think of any big 8th graders who could be playing but aren't (he says the ones not playing are too overweight & don't want to play) - although I know of one tall player who has either ISS or OSS & couldn't play. Their offensive line is having a lot of trouble protecting the quarterback. I like their passing game - but it's a hit or miss.

EPMS 7th grade looks decent - tied their first game then beat Moses on Saturday. Getting to play a whole game (regardless of the short 6-minute quarters) will help the 7th graders much more than that stupid 5th quarter.

I like to trash-talk - but don't know enough about the other teams to legitimately say anything! tongue.gif

There are EPMS football pictures online at www.dm-ga.com - from both the Dobbins game & Moses game - check them out!!

#11 C0ACH

C0ACH

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (GoBigTen @ Sep 17 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah - the 8th grade does look small compared to some of the other 8th grade teams. My 7th grade player can't think of any big 8th graders who could be playing but aren't (he says the ones not playing are too overweight & don't want to play) - although I know of one tall player who has either ISS or OSS & couldn't play. Their offensive line is having a lot of trouble protecting the quarterback. I like their passing game - but it's a hit or miss.

EPMS 7th grade looks decent - tied their first game then beat Moses on Saturday. Getting to play a whole game (regardless of the short 6-minute quarters) will help the 7th graders much more than that stupid 5th quarter.

I like to trash-talk - but don't know enough about the other teams to legitimately say anything! tongue.gif

There are EPMS football pictures online at www.dm-ga.com - from both the Dobbins game & Moses game - check them out!!

5 of the 7 schools have excellent coaches, so there is no way to predict who is going to win. Therefore it would be a little inappropriate for me to say that the only team that can beat Jones is Jones, so I won't say it.

The new coach at East will be fine when he gets the kinks worked out. Once he there for a year or two he will be able to hire some help.

Good luck guys.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes. - Walt Whitman

#12 LadybugLove

LadybugLove

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Garland @ Sep 17 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is that Dobbins and Jones will play for the championship.

My guess is it will be a repeat of last year. Jones and South Paulding GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!

#13 CrazyD

CrazyD

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (ladybug1 @ Sep 21 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is it will be a repeat of last year. Jones and South Paulding GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!! It's looking good! Way to go Tigers and basketball is just around the corner. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics