Paulding.com

I'm still trying to figure out how she was ejected from her own car unless she flipped first. But, that's not the way they reported it. They said she was somehow ejected from her car then she was hit.

Or maybe I need to wake up or something. :huh:

I figured mechanical or weather caused first chopper to abandon. Emory flight 3 normally flies right over my house when they are heading south, but I never heard them. Must have poor weather at the cartersville airport if they were first called out on this one.

Oh, that's awful. Makes me think of that movie Signs where the only thing keeping her alive was the car and when they moved it she died. :( I pray she's okay.

I saw an episode of ER once where a guy was pinned underneath a steel beam and, when they moved it, he died. There is a name for this? It really bothered me because they guy was conscious and knew what was going to happen.

I sure hope the lady in Asbury Woods is going to be ok.

I saw an episode of ER once where a guy was pinned underneath a steel beam and, when they moved it, he died. There is a name for this? It really bothered me because they guy was conscious and knew what was going to happen.

There was also an episode of Grey's Anatomy where two people (a girl and a guy) were stuck on the same pole, and they knew the girl was going to die when they removed it, but they guy could be saved. *shudders* Horrible to think about.

Hoping this lady is doing okay.

Hmmmm. I could have sworn that was LifeFlight I saw around 10:30 or so, maybe even earlier, as I was heading toward Hiram.

Did anyone *else* see a chopper around 10;15-10:30 flying right over or near Hiram? It wasn't the black one that stays at the place across from the Movies either.

air support for this would have been around 10:55 or later.
Edited by Mama Carol

MamaC, you could be right - the first chopper could have been in the area and then abandoned due to weather. That would have been in the time frame you mention.

The Emory Flight chopper was probably a blue and white machine (or yellow and white if the reserve unit was in use)

I couldn't tell exactly what color it was but it did look to be blue and white. It was not a solid color, that I'm sure of. It was going away from me, toward Hiram. It did make a sharp turn toward Hiram, almost like it had turned back toward--I don't know, Marietta or some other point north or east. It was foggy out at that time.

MamaC, you could be right - the first chopper could have been in the area and then abandoned due to weather. That would have been in the time frame you mention.

The Emory Flight chopper was probably a blue and white machine (or yellow and white if the reserve unit was in use)

Edited by Mama Carol

I think that's the one I saw. I saw the white but couldn't make out the other color with the fog and haze and the direction it was flying. I just knew it wasn't a solid color. The one I saw was around 10, maybe 5 after since I was at the bank at 10:12.

The one you saw was probably Emory Flight 3 out of Cartersville.

Rescue Air 1 is solid red.

Emory Fight paint scheme:

Basically they end up dying because while they are pinned any blood loss is contained. Soon as they unpin them they bleed out rapidly and there is no way to stop it because it is so massive.

There was a story going around in the Army when I was on the M1 tanks about a guy who got pinned to a dock by the front end of a tank. He was alive and concious but they knew that soon as they moved the tank he would die so they got him a phone and let him call his wife. Never was able to confirm if the story was true or not.