Paulding.com

two brush fires in are - one fully involved - several acres burning - no structures in danger at this time

directly across from old Algood Church

second fire 100yds down the road looks like it has just been set - need GFC and plow

Batt 2 en route

(surprised other units have not been requested at this point)

There have been numerous calls in station 4's service area for brush fires.

I'm thinking there may be a fire bug working - at first I thought is was just butts being tossed out the car.

If you are in this area (my understanding is Union area) be on the look out for suspicious activities

appears to be third fire - further up Allgood Church Rd - no buildings in danger

Batt 2 will advise dispatch once he is in the area

sounds like they are remaining - waiting for GFC to plow a break around the fire(s)

tell her to not get burned up and not hinder the fire fighters by flirting with them

GFC on scene - engine 4 has leading edge of fire out/contained - GFC will have to handle the rest of the fire

Ack! Too late she already flirted with them.......she got some pics.

They said they think somebody set it. and that they have had about 13 brush fires lately.

and she saw the heavy peice of equipment going into the woods.

engine 4 advises status - 10-4 - GFC beginning their work

heavy equipment is the GFC dozer - this is a small dozer that has a plow/earth disturbing device on the back. It travels around the fire to create a trail of dirt only which helps contain the fire - once the burning brush/grasss gets to the break the fire should stop.

thanks for the pictures and update

that is a good picture of the GFC dozer and the function that it provides in a brush fire

I once watched a GFC unit drive straight up what seemed to be 45 degree hill to create a break - I certainly would have soiled myself had I been the driver.

There have been numerous calls in station 4's service area for brush fires.

I'm thinking there may be a fire bug working - at first I thought is was just butts being tossed out the car.

If you are in this area (my understanding is Union area) be on the look out for suspicious activities

We are watching---there is also gas being stolen from houses on Baskin and Honeysuckle ln