5 replies to this topic

#1 autimom

autimom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for helping this program get off to a good start! After getting everything into place, we now know exactly what we still need. Here is a list of the items still needed, any help is appreciated

Curtains
Mop,broom & dustpan
Flower seeds for the butterfly garden
CD player
DVD player(spaz has donated the last tv and if we can get this DVD player, every room will have their own)
Inspirational posters
Gardening soil and/or tools

These donations are tax deductable and if you'll pm me your name with what you want to donate, I'll get you a letter to file with your taxes.

Thanks for your help...Stacey

#2 autimom

autimom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

Bump so that everyone has a chance to see

#3 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,475 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

I don't have anything currently available on your list ... but I've printed it and will pass amongst friends. If I hear of someone, I'll be sure to let you know!

Good Luck!

(and this post at least will get it to the top again smile.gif )
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#4 ambrooks2

ambrooks2

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

So is this a new program you started for your child? Who is welcome just pcom members?

#5 fishnthec

fishnthec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (ambrooks2 @ Aug 21 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is this a new program you started for your child? Who is welcome just pcom members?

It is actually a program that the Paulding County Board of Ed. has set up at Matthews Learning Center for some of the children with Autism. I have not seen it yet but I hear that it is coming along nicely. They are going to teach life skills there also. That is why they need the cleaning stuff. They have planted a flower garden. It sounds really nice. I think AFLAC volunteered to help the coordinator by trying to get some things donated by the community. AFLAC has an autistic child but he will not be in this particular program.

#6 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

I have a neighbor with an Autistic child, so I passed on info about the autism program to him because his son was not getting the specialized instruction he needed at his Elementary School.

He called and was told that Matthews was only for delinquent children.

It that the case?

QUOTE (fishnthec @ Aug 21 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is actually a program that the Paulding County Board of Ed. has set up at Matthews Learning Center for some of the children with Autism. I have not seen it yet but I hear that it is coming along nicely. They are going to teach life skills there also. That is why they need the cleaning stuff. They have planted a flower garden. It sounds really nice. I think AFLAC volunteered to help the coordinator by trying to get some things donated by the community. AFLAC has an autistic child but he will not be in this particular program.

Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics