Paulding.com

I HAVE NOTICED THAT A COUPLE OF PEOPLE HAVE PUT DIFFERENT NUMBERS ON THEIR MAILBOX, SO NO ONE COULD FIGURE OUT WHERE THEY LIVE! I KNOW WHRE 1 LIVES (PUT A WRONG # ON TEH BOX) AND THE OTHER PERSON THAT DID THIS (LEFT OFF A NUMBER) HAS SINCE MOVED. THE ONE THAT HAD MOVED, *DID* CORRECT THE NUMBERS ON THE MAILBOX, AFTER THE SEX OFFENDER MOVED OUT!

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE NOTICED THAT A COUPLE OF PEOPLE HAVE PUT DIFFERENT NUMBERS ON THEIR MAILBOX, SO NO ONE COULD FIGURE OUT WHERE THEY LIVE! I KNOW WHRE 1 LIVES (PUT A WRONG # ON TEH BOX) AND THE OTHER PERSON THAT DID THIS (LEFT OFF A NUMBER) HAS SINCE MOVED. THE ONE THAT HAD MOVED, *DID* CORRECT THE NUMBERS

I know one on the list who was living in the house behind me and using the same address as currently on the sex offender website. He has now moved and is still using the same address.

There is also another website that actually brings up a map with "color coded dots" to really show you how close they are to your home and/or school.

http://www.familywatchdog.us

dang. I knew three people on that list, one was a boyfriend from the 8th grade.

YES, I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR ONE OF THESE SITES, THEY SEND ME AN EMAIL OF "WHO" IS MOVING IN OR MOVING OUT OF THE ZIP CODE I SIGN UP WITH. PRETTY INTERESTING!!
I'm signed up for that too, I haven't gotten an email in a couple of weeks though so that's good.

If you find it scary how many people you know on the sex offender list try looking at the parolee database. Just type in your zip code and you will be amazed at the number of parolees we are surrounded by.

It is important to remember that parolees have not "served their time." Their time does not end until the expiration of the paroll period.

www.pap.state.ga.us

So has the law about living within so many feet of a school bus stop been put into effect?

We have a guy living in my neighborhood. I have not been able to find out much info about what he did but I believe the issue was that he had sex relations with a girl under 18 but at least 16. He is in his mid 20s now at least that is what he looks like and lives with his parents. He is on the list for Paulding Co.

The charge was Child Molestation but from what I have been able to find out he never did any jail time and has to register as a sex offender for 10 years.

Since his name is on a public database I see no problem in giving his name, maybe someone will know more about what he did.

This is all the GBI says.

He was 17 at the time of the offense and never served jail time so I am trying to find out what he did.

Edited by PanVet34
  • 3 weeks later...

I really hope that all paulding residence check out this site.

I recently found out that a guy I know, who has been to my house, around my kids..who is also around other kids at different horse events is a convicted child molester. I can guarentee he will not be back around my home or children. When I talk to the detective at the sheriffs office in the child endagerment division I was told that it is the responsiblilty of the childrens parents to check the list to see if they know the offenders. I was told that the only thing sex offenders in the county had to do was to put there name on the list, other then that they are free to be around anybody they want. I also ask "what if they hurt another child?" The detective got very beligerent and asked me what he would have him do.....uh make sure these ppl arent around children? :angry: I'm sorry, but that is just to little for me. I can guarentee that I know check this list regularly to see if any new names come up that I know.

I also called Cobb County child services to tell them he was living in Cobb county and not registered...his mailing address in in Paulding and he lives in a house in Cobb...powder springs line, they never even bothered to return my calls. Glad someone is taking it seriously...makes me sick to think my kids were around him, I Thank God that they were never alone with him!

There is one man on the GBI site with a warning. This is the only flagged offender in Paulding. He lives on Nebo Rd. The GBI list has a the map, he is the one with the fed flag. Be aware!

He is from Fla, and a sexual predator(...2)(A) Upon a determination that an offender is guilty of a

sexually violent offense, the court may request a report from

the Sexual Offender Registration Review Board as to the

likelihood that the offender suffers from a mental abnormality

or personality disorder that would make the person likely to

engage in a predatory sexually violent offense. The report

shall be requested as a matter of course for any offender with a

history of sexually violent offenses. The court shall provide

the Sexual Offender Registration Review Board with any

information available to assist the board in rendering an

opinion. The board shall have 60 days from receipt of the

court's request to respond with its report. After receiving a

recommendation from the Sexual Offender Registration Review

Board that a convicted sexually violent offender be classified

as a sexually violent predator, the sentencing court shall so

inform the offender and shall set a date to conduct a hearing

affording the offender the opportunity to present testimony or

evidence relevant to the recommended classification. After the

hearing and within 60 days of receiving the report, the court

shall issue a ruling as to whether or not the offender shall be

classified as a sexually violent predator. If the court

determines the offender to be a sexually violent predator, such

fact shall be communicated in writing to the appropriate state

official and to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.