Paulding.com

Obviously, The Hiram police need to get their act together.

I've gotten kicked out for cursing.

They need to stop worrying about us teenagers up there, walking around.

And start looking for people, who really cause things to happen.

This is, inked mom's daughter.

I know the kid, that was ran over.

jjjj mmmmmm.

The Person, that ran over him stopped and said, "Next time, I'll run you completely over"

and took off out of the parking lot.

and NO.

he was NOT in the road.

Edited by PUBBY

This is, inked mom's daughter.

I know the kid, that was ran over.

jjjj mmmmmm.

The Person, that ran over him stopped and said, "Next time, I'll run you completely over"

and took off out of the parking lot.

and NO.

he was NOT in the road.

So the person drove onto the sidewalk to hit the kid,they should get him then and file assault charges.

Klassy, with a "K". Little kids and elderly folks go to the movies, don't curse where they can hear you!

It was not absolutely necessary but I went ahead and edited out the name of the victim here.

I would suggest that if the exchange that was alleged took place, this was a case of both assault and the making of terroristic threats.

The driver of the pickup truck responsible for the incident needs to be removed from the road. Anyone who would intentionally use a vehicle as a weapon is a dangerous individual.

pubby

No one yelled Profanity at the guy.

And No one had the sense to look at the tag number.

I think everyone was pretty much in shock, to see our friend get run over, than worry about anything else.

All we knew to do, was call the ambulance.

Edited by inkedmom
No one yelled Profanity at the guy.

And No one had the sense to look at the tag number.

I think everyone was pretty much in shock, to see our friend get run over, than worry about anything else.

All we knew to do, was call the ambulance.

I WAS HOPING FOR SOME ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS. DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW SOMEONE, WHO WITNESSED THIS?? PUBBY, DO WE HAVE ANY NEWS FROM THE POPO'S?

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT "NO ONE" GOT A TAG #!! :o

From what it sounds like it was a group of friends that went, and one of the kids is the one that we're calling the 'victim'. I can honestly say that when I was 14, if this happened to one in my group I would be rushing to the friend freaking out, not trying to get the tag number. Young teens don't often think of these things, and are prone to minor panic attacks in such situations. That being said, I'm 22 and am still not sure I would have thought clearly enough to get a tag number. Hubby on the other hand, would have left me in the parking lot and taken off after the car. ^_^

Well, if indeed, these folks were THAT young, I can see "not gertting a tag #" But, you are right most 14 yr olds don't have that mentality to get a tag #. Do they know WHO it was, that was driving the vehicle that ran over the victim's foot?

They are up there because the business owners pay them to prevent people from loitering and causing problems such as this. On top of that.....cursing punk teenagers are why I cannot enjoy a movie with my family on the weekends. I am glad you were kicked out.

I like going to the movies. Lately, haven't been since school started, the 'teens' have made it nearly unbearable. The yelling and cursing out on the front sidewalk has gotten out of control. There's nothing like a bunch of 12-15 year olds immitating their favorite rap star acting like a bunch of wanna be thugs.

The movies, just like Six Flags, have turned into a convienent babysitter.

Hiram PD does a good job at keeping the peace inside and some outside. Anyone remember how many fights were at the movies when it first opened.

Edited to add: I have a hard time believing it was a random drive-by (over). I bet there was some preceding event here or at least an ongoing issue. We'll not know that part though.

Edited by plinkin556

How do you run over someone's foot who is not in the road? Do you hop the curb? How do you get just the foot? Wouldn't the bumper make contact with some other body part?

I've had my foot run over, but I was standing/leaning in the open car window. Kissed hubby goodbye, didn't back up far enough out of the way before he backed over my foot.

:Shaking head at the idea of someone getting their foot run over while standing on a sidewalk:

How do you run over someone's foot who is not in the road? Do you hop the curb? How do you get just the foot? Wouldn't the bumper make contact with some other body part?

I've had my foot run over, but I was standing/leaning in the open car window. Kissed hubby goodbye, didn't back up far enough out of the way before he backed over my foot.

:Shaking head at the idea of someone getting their foot run over while standing on a sidewalk:

I am with you. I vision a group of punk teens standing in the way of cars trying to get through the parking lot. I got a feeling this kid stood there, and the driver got agravated and went on through. I don't think the kid was on the sidewalk at all. I have a very hard time believing that story

I am with you. I vision a group of punk teens standing in the way of cars trying to get through the parking lot. I got a feeling this kid stood there, and the driver got agravated and went on through. I don't think the kid was on the sidewalk at all. I have a very hard time believing that story

For the record, my daughter is not a "punk". She has a temper, which she comes by honestly from her mama. It really doesn't matter one way or the other to me whether you're having "a hard time believing that story". Since when is it alright to get "agravated" and run-over anyone with their vehicle? Be glad it wasn't your child!

For the record, my daughter is not a "punk". She has a temper, which she comes by honestly from her mama. It really doesn't matter one way or the other to me whether you're having "a hard time believing that story". Since when is it alright to get "agravated" and run-over anyone with their vehicle? Be glad it wasn't your child!

I agree 100% but with that said I wonder how many of the kids that hang out up there on a Friday night buy a ticket and go watch a movie. Or do they buy the ticket to prove to Mom and Dad they went to the movie and just hang outside?

Edited by Raider Mom
I agree 100% but with that said I wonder how many of the kids that hang out up there on a Friday night buy a ticket and go watch a movie. Or do they buy the ticket to prove to Mom and Dad they went to the movie and just hang outside?

I wonder that same thing - I see plenty of kids get dropped off then wonder to another shopping center, never once entering the theater.

I wonder that same thing - I see plenty of kids get dropped off then wonder to another shopping center, never once entering the theater.

Yep I have been known to drive and park in the back and go into the theater and just see. ( But the Mgt frowns upon that and I

explained my kids in there and they let me go on in)

Then,

If their up there to prevent things like these, on what occured friday,

then why is it, the police weren't watching for criminals such as these?

Who, in their right mind would run over a 14 year old teen?

No one knew who the driver was,

what i saw of him,

he was Well over 18.

and no, the victim was not skateboarding.

I was there, and I saw what happened.

Can someone tell me if Paulding has a curfew? And why was a 14 yr old allowed to be at the movies without an adult among the group?

You can bet that if my children or grandchildren were injured, there would be charges filed! My 30 year old son takes his nephews to movies because I no longer go to see movies in public.

I know how children can act, even when being raised to act better. But if the parents do not wish to be with their children in public, then do not be suprised if I call PD for their language. It is not only offensive it is abusive.

Edited by Bouquet

I am sorry about the foot injury inked mom but as you can tell we all have experienced some teeney boppers thinking they are indestructable. If Froggie is telling the movie managements side of the story I believe every word typed. What parent would let the kids bring a skateboard to the movies? Too bad we will never get the drivers version. Man if he is a p.commer you know he he dying to tell us the real story. Since you saw the incident happen how about some details? Was driver speeding out of the parking lot and purposely hit this child? Was this child in a group of kids hanging out? Was it in the front of the building (say the crosswalk)? We might be on your side if you tell some details being an eye witness and all.

PS....I think it hurt your side when you stated that you have been kicked out of movies for profanity....JMHO

I am sorry about the foot injury inked mom but as you can tell we all have experienced some teeney boppers thinking they are indestructable. If Froggie is telling the movie managements side of the story I believe every word typed. What parent would let the kids bring a skateboard to the movies? Too bad we will never get the drivers version. Man if he is a p.commer you know he he dying to tell us the real story. Since you saw the incident happen how about some details? Was driver speeding out of the parking lot and purposely hit this child? Was this child in a group of kids hanging out? Was it in the front of the building (say the crosswalk)? We might be on your side if you tell some details being an eye witness and all.

PS....I think it hurt your side when you stated that you have been kicked out of movies for profanity....JMHO

well,

to the answer to this, this isn't inked mom at the moment, it's her daughter.

I was there to see what happened, and as I have said before, he was "NOT" on a skateboard.

The person who had gotten injured was with us, along with many others.

and he was jumping over a beam, and the person obviously saw him, and thought it was a good idea to hit him.

And yes, he said a few words to the victim before he left the parking lot. Speeding.

And Not the crosswalk.

towards the back.

and Also, I'm not proud of myself for cursing and being kicked out, but what about these others?

The underage teen smoking cigarettes, they never do anything about them.

P.s

We're not punks by the way.

We try going there to see our friends, and be normal civilized citizens of paulding county.

I think there are way to many kids dropped off there, that do not go in the movies, they hang around out side..

Hubby and I went to see a movie there, and will never go back, that place is over run by young kids and young teenagers who are just turned a loose...

If the teenagers ar going in to the see the movies and the parents are there to pick them up after th movies is over that is fine... but most of the teenagers do not go in the movies... and that parking lot is a mess!

I still haven't seen an answer to this question. How does someone who's minding their own business get their foot run over without being hit by a bumper or fender first?

BTW - we were there last night. The theater was nice and quiet. No unaccompanied teens to be seen or heard.

well,

to the answer to this, this isn't inked mom at the moment, it's her daughter.

I was there to see what happened, and as I have said before, he was "NOT" on a skateboard.

The person who had gotten injured was with us, along with many others.

and he was jumping over a beam, and the person obviously saw him, and thought it was a good idea to hit him.

And yes, he said a few words to the victim before he left the parking lot. Speeding.

And Not the crosswalk.

towards the back.

and Also, I'm not proud of myself for cursing and being kicked out, but what about these others?

The underage teen smoking cigarettes, they never do anything about them.

P.s

We're not punks by the way.

We try going there to see our friends, and be normal civilized citizens of paulding county.

Okay so we know friend was jumping over a beam...not on a skateboard..and truck/car hit him on purpose.

What were the few words the driver said?

You went to the movies to see friends. That is our point! We go to the movies to see a movie!

You were towards the back of the lot...would that be hanging out in the parking lot?

Sorry to be a pain but.....Just curious that's all