Paulding.com

Best I can make out on this one - FedEx driver was at the location yesterday and saw that the kids were home alone. Driver must have, in passing, made a comment about the situation to another employee this morning, who must have a little more concern for others, decided to call the SO.

I thought that as part of homeland security measures all drivers, such as this FedEx driver, were requested to call in suspicious activities. Certainly, this would make a good case for calling in for a check yesterday.

I truly fail to see how this is in any way, shape or form the responsibility of the fedex employee?!!!

homeland security has nothing to do with this story?? I guess I just don't see where on earth you are going with this post - ???

:huh:

I truly fail to see how this is in any way, shape or form the responsibility of the fedex employee?!!!

homeland security has nothing to do with this story?? I guess I just don't see where on earth you are going with this post - ???

:huh:

I can't do anything if you have no compassion for your fellow man.

Obviously the driver yesterday had your same heart.

I worked with a child whose mother had moved to another state leaving her and her 2 little sisters alone in a trailer. They had been alone for 2 months before someone reported something being wrong. She had to learn to use a can opener because they ran out of boxed food to eat. Then they ran out of canned food. The power went off after a couple of weeks. They had running water, but nothing else.

She was 6 years old. Her sisters were 4 and 2. And it took 2 full months for someone to think something was wrong.

:(

I worked with a child whose mother had moved to another state leaving her and her 2 little sisters alone in a trailer. They had been alone for 2 months before someone reported something being wrong. She had to learn to use a can opener because they ran out of boxed food to eat. Then they ran out of canned food. The power went off after a couple of weeks. They had running water, but nothing else.

She was 6 years old. Her sisters were 4 and 2. And it took 2 full months for someone to think something was wrong.

oh my gosh.. hell no... oh my...

I've come across this situation before, except the parents were getting ready to go to work that night. Both parents worked from 8:00pm till 5:00am and had to leave their 8 year old and 5 year old alone all night. They basically put them to bed and then went to work. Neither had a high school diploma, so the income choices were limited, these were the best jobs they could get. And no grandparents or friends to watch the kids on a regular basis. It's a truely horrible choice to make that very few of us can identify with. For some you gotta do what keeps the lights on, the rent paid, and food on the table. It's will be easy for some on here to say one of them should have got a day job, but when the choice is $5.10 an hour at a rural McDonalds by day or $13.00 an hour at a local manufactoring company by night, it's not hard to decide, your gonna do what makes ends meet...

...And they took no government assistance, they stated that to me emphatically...

Just my opinion, but I think government assistance would be better than leaving children that young at home alone anytime, much less at night.

I understand having to work to put food on the table but dayyyuumm there are day care programs out there for those who cannot afford daycare who meet the financial qualifications and I bet they would.. What an idiot parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but I hope they get more than a slap on the hand.. a child that age could get into so much stuff.... I shudder at the thoughts of all that could happen to a child that age... :angry:

Yah, but what about childcare assistant funds being frozen for over a year, and I do not know about you, but have you seen the cost for childcare lately? I don't agree that they should be home alone, but I am glad that I am not the parent in that position. I remember being left at home with my younger brother at a very young age, but times are not the same. This is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

I can't do anything if you have no compassion for your fellow man.

Obviously the driver yesterday had your same heart.

get a grip FB ~ you make it out like the driver wasn't compassionate, did you consider the idea that maybe he told someone in passing the next day because it was still bothering him??

I was simply asking you to explain what homeland security has to do with someone's bad choice of childcare??

If you can't answer the question - back off, I don't need the snide comments <_<

By the way, My heart's just fine. :rolleyes:

Yah, but what about childcare assistant funds being frozen for over a year, and I do not know about you, but have you seen the cost for childcare lately? I don't agree that they should be home alone, but I am glad that I am not the parent in that position. I remember being left at home with my younger brother at a very young age, but times are not the same. This is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

Yes Trust me I have seen what they charge.. this is why I do not work out of the home.. I have my own business......I cannot afford daycare myself.. but I would never ever leave my children that young alone.. I know there are centers here who will work with families that cannot afford daycare..

It is not easy in these days I realize that many families require two incomes.. some three to survive.