Paulding.com

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I can tell you they need prayers and support.. I know how devastating losing someone to suicide is.. It is unlike any death I had ever experienced.. I cannot explain why but it sucks.. pray for these people pray for the children and please someone make sure they get into counseling immediately.....

I feel so badly for all involved and affected by this.. so sad..

suicide usually is committed by those who are mentally ill not truly that they are that low... but the chemicals in their brains are not right... Many do not ever realize that their loved one is ill until.....it is too late..

My parents did not see it until I was diagnosed as being Bipolar..then they saw that my brother had issues.. and should have been treated...

I have lived with this for many years and it is easy to mask.. more so when you have other issues that help you mask the problem, ocd, add..

being low is depression but most (not all) people who commit suicide are bipolar and just come down from a Manic episode... when you crash you crash hard.. most likely there was a trigger.....that trigger could be as small as a hang nail...

HOW DO YOU KNOW THE SPECIFICS OF THIS AIRCRAFT?? :wacko: WAS IT YOU FLYING THE COBRA AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME AND LOCATION?? :ph34r:

No ma'am. I just know their schedule. I am an Active Duty Marine with Marine Aircraft Group 42, which is the Headquarters for HMLA-773 (Red Dogs). I do know who was piloting though...doesn't make much difference. That unit is about to head over to Iraq the first week of Sept. Would ask that the folks in the area keep them in their thoughts and prayers. They are a brave bunch of souls. So...enjoy the "whip whip whip whip" of the AH-1W while you can...you won't hear it again until late next year.

Would ask that the folks in the area keep them in their thoughts and prayers. They are a brave bunch of souls. So...enjoy the "whip whip whip whip" of the AH-1W while you can...you won't hear it again until late next year.
Will do :)
when the deputies were at the scene, they could not determine if it was suicide or the lady had been hit and left for dead.
I am hoping that they thoroughly examine this from all angles.
No ma'am. I just know their schedule. I am an Active Duty Marine with Marine Aircraft Group 42, which is the Headquarters for HMLA-773 (Red Dogs). I do know who was piloting though...doesn't make much difference. That unit is about to head over to Iraq the first week of Sept. Would ask that the folks in the area keep them in their thoughts and prayers. They are a brave bunch of souls. So...enjoy the "whip whip whip whip" of the AH-1W while you can...you won't hear it again until late next year.

THATS PRETTY COOL, THANKS FOR REPLYING. I BET YOU ALL WOULD HAVE SOME INTERESTING STORIES TO TELL! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!! AND TO THE OTHER FOLKS THAT SERVE OUR COUNTRY!! :wub:

This is all so wired. Me and my husband drove down that road saturday about 2:30 and saw that car there on the side of the road. We had never been down that road before and decided to go see what the golf course was all about. We saw that car and a gray or silver truck parked on the side of the road and thought nothing of it. We just assumed that people were fishing. That is really freeky. It makes me wish I would of called about it then but I didn't suspect anything. You see cars on the sides of road all the time. I hope all turns out well. Prays said for all involved.

This is all so wired. Me and my husband drove down that road saturday about 2:30 and saw that car there on the side of the road. We had never been down that road before and decided to go see what the golf course was all about. We saw that car and a gray or silver truck parked on the side of the road and thought nothing of it. We just assumed that people were fishing. That is really freeky. It makes me wish I would of called about it then but I didn't suspect anything. You see cars on the sides of road all the time. I hope all turns out well. Prays said for all involved.

I think you should call the SO and tell them this story!!!!!!

Ugh, I have really tried to stay out of this. My heart breaks for this lady and her family. I don't have any useful information to add. I am just really interested in what the autopsy might show.

(I just have such a hard time thinking that someone would commit suicide, in a ditch, by the side of the road.)

when the deputies were at the scene, they could not determine if it was suicide or the lady had been hit and left for dead. NCO - I thought you weren't supposed to reveal units schedules.
hmmmmmm the PLOT THICKENS>>>>>>HIt and left for dead HMMMMMM by a car or something else
Ugh, I have really tried to stay out of this. My heart breaks for this lady and her family. I don't have any useful information to add. I am just really interested in what the autopsy might show.(I just have such a hard time thinking that someone would commit suicide, in a ditch, by the side of the road.)
My thought on the suicide angel is... she took a bunch of pills and became disoriented. She passed out in the ditch..she parked her car there so she would be found... otherwise then it makes no sense to me....either.

That report about the possible hit and run was from about 6:00pm during the investigation - they may have a further determination after that.

One would think that if you were found dead in a ditch by your own hand, the cause/method would be obvious to the officers - with a gun or whatever nearby....

LB's thought of OD on pills seems plausible to me.

could the truck have been light blue and looked grey or silverish?

Could the truck have been gold in color with 4x4 in the back in red letters? I am more confused, as this is what the paper says today:

Published August 16, 2007 9:59 PM CDT

Paulding County Sheriff's Department Col. Jim Walker confirmed Thursday that the body found on Pumpkinvine Road in Acworth Wednesday was that of a woman, who was clothed when found.

She was found after a deputy on patrol spotted an abandoned car, ran the tag number and discovered that the owner of the car, Tinalee Voyer Shroyer, 42, of Acworth, had been reported missing in Bartow County on Sunday.

According to Walker, the deputy searched the area of the vehicle and found the body about 100 feet up a hill from the car.

"I doubt anyone carried her up [the hill]," said Walker.

The woman's body was sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations crime lab for an autopsy; Walker said he hopes to have those results by today.

"We're fairly sure we know what went on," Walker said. "But we would be speculating at this point without results from the crime lab."

Could the truck have been gold in color with 4x4 in the back in red letters? I am more confused, as this is what the paper says today:

Published August 16, 2007 9:59 PM CDT

Paulding County Sheriff's Department Col. Jim Walker confirmed Thursday that the body found on Pumpkinvine Road in Acworth Wednesday was that of a woman, who was clothed when found.

She was found after a deputy on patrol spotted an abandoned car, ran the tag number and discovered that the owner of the car, Tinalee Voyer Shroyer, 42, of Acworth, had been reported missing in Bartow County on Sunday.

According to Walker, the deputy searched the area of the vehicle and found the body about 100 feet up a hill from the car.

"I doubt anyone carried her up [the hill]," said Walker.

The woman's body was sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations crime lab for an autopsy; Walker said he hopes to have those results by today.

"We're fairly sure we know what went on," Walker said. "But we would be speculating at this point without results from the crime lab."

We will just have to wait and see -- They will not release anything esp. if their looking for someone --

In previous post I eluded to the fact that the north end patrol officers were going to get an earful from the Sheriff. If this car had been abandoned, as others posters stated, several days, the patrol officers should have already ran the car. The deputy was not on patrol in the area - he was sent there on a 10-65 - report of a mechanical breakdown.

Does this make any difference - not really. I've reviewed the scanner archives and cannot find where the unit was dispatched to the location, but I know what I heard. I do recall the unit being dispatch, to me it seemed like several hours before the call for rescue was made stating that there was a body. I also recall the unit calling dispatch to see if the car had any ties to the missing persons report.

It is obvious that the officer fully did his job as he was on scene for a while and found the body great distance from the car.

edited to add:

I am not trying to slam the SO. I respect the officers a great deal.

I am a very black and white person with little room for grey areas. This only interests me because the news reports do not agree with my recollection with how the incident played out.

If I am shown that I am wrong, then I will correct any posts that need to be corrected.

In previous post I eluded to the fact that the north end patrol officers were going to get an earful from the Sheriff. If this car had been abandoned, as others posters stated, several days, the patrol officers should have already ran the car. The deputy was not on patrol in the area - he was sent there on a 10-65 - report of a mechanical breakdown.

Does this make any difference - not really. I've reviewed the scanner archives and cannot find where the unit was dispatched to the location, but I know what I heard. I do recall the unit being dispatch, to me it seemed like several hours before the call for rescue was made stating that there was a body. I also recall the unit calling dispatch to see if the car had any ties to the missing persons report.

It is obvious that the officer fully did his job as he was on scene for a while and found the body great distance from the car.

Thanks for the info FreeBird.

What I find odd and it is ticking me off, is that not one single law enforcement officer has been to this woman's house. Even when we have called and told them of activity in the house in the evenings while there are no cars in the driveway :blink:

you would think that they would have at least secured the house.......

you would think that they would have at least secured the house.......

But if the house isn't part of the "Crime scene" why secure it?

(not being snarky, curious)

hmmmm you saw the car on Sat. and she was reported missing on Sunday.

So sad! :(

Edited by *Georgiagirl*
But if the house isn't part of the "Crime scene" why secure it?

(not being snarky, curious)

NOBODY TRULY KNOWS IF IT IS OR NOT THE POLICE NEVER EVEN STEPPED FOOT IN IT AS FAR AS i KNOW. That can be verified.. she was found about a mile from her house on a dead end road, but at the top of it..

They secured my brothers truck, my daddy;s computer when my brother committed suicide and it was very obvious what took place there.. (sorry for the caps to lazy to go back and fix it..) He was found (within in minutes of what he did because my parents were home) in my daddy's den..