Paulding.com

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone heard if this is a PCHS student? No names on here please, but if you have info, can you please PM? My son is a senior at PCHS.

Are his whereabouts accounted for?

I swear. I leave and all hell breaks loose.

Y'all didn't realize I was the glue that held the place together, did ya? :)

Hope this kid's ok.

So -- that means you gotta come back, right? I hope that it turns out okay, too -- But these things rarely do....

I am curious to the name myself, I have a senior at pch and yes I know where her and her bf are. Raiding my kitchen as usual.

Yes...he is standing right here with me.

I know that curiosity and concern gets us all, but I'm very certain that when its time for the name to come out, it will..

I talked with Sheriff Harris on this matter and here is what he told me.

The person was driving to the hospital with the youth ... that they stopped at the gate outside the High School and were met by emergency personnel who rendered first aid and as noted, called for life-flight.

The area there is being treated as a crime scene and Bruce told me that deputies are getting warrants for the home where the shooting occurred. (It didn't happen in the car ... they got the person in the car and were rushing them to the hospital.)

The story that officers were given is that it was an accidental shooting and I suspect out of due diligence they are going to make sure that the facts at the scene fit the story given ... which is prudent.

Life flight was called and the youth was taken away to a major hospital. That is, of course, good news at this point as a person has to have a certain degree of stability before they will move them.

I got no information as to the identity of the youth and that includes age or sex. I'll be posting this on the front along with a photo shortly.

pubby

I know that curiosity and concern gets us all, but I'm very certain that when its time for the name to come out, it will..

I think that it's a positive quality, BDUB. Yeah, people rubber-neck at accident scenes and they gather around any situation where there's gore.

When I was in college, a professor had a heart attack on the school tennis courts. Some people gathered around out of concern and curiosity, as you say. But two or three courts down from where paramedics were shocking the professor back to life, a tennis match continued.

I vote for concern.

I talked with Sheriff Harris on this matter and here is what he told me.

The person was driving to the hospital with the youth ... that they stopped at the gate outside the High School and were met by emergency personnel who rendered first aid and as noted, called for life-flight.

The area there is being treated as a crime scene and Bruce told me that deputies are getting warrants for the home where the shooting occurred. (It didn't happen in the car ... they got the person in the car and were rushing them to the hospital.)

The story that officers were given is that it was an accidental shooting and I suspect out of due diligence they are going to make sure that the facts at the scene fit the story given ... which is prudent.

Life flight was called and the youth was taken away to a major hospital. That is, of course, good news at this point as a person has to have a certain degree of stability before they will move them.

I got no information as to the identity of the youth and that includes age or sex. I'll be posting this on the front along with a photo shortly.

pubby

Nice job, Pubby! You're the greatest!!

I want to thank Sheriff Harris for responding...that is great...the public has now been properly informed of what they know at this time...let them do their jobs...and hopefully this young person will be OK...in the past we never hear anything...thanks Sheriff Harris for your response.....

I want to thank Sheriff Harris for responding...that is great...the public has now been properly informed of what they know at this time...let them do their jobs...and hopefully this young person will be OK...in the past we never hear anything...thanks Sheriff Harris for your response.....

Yes, thanks Sheriff Harris!

You're right. Now might be the proper time for all of us to do a check on our own houses and under what conditions guns and ammunition are stored. It's also a good idea to speak to kids about gun safety. It might not do any good, but then again -- it might.

I NEVER told anyone before about when I was a kid and I was -- playing with a real gun. I knew better, but the gun was empty, right? A little voice -- probably from my parents warning me -- told me to check for a shell in the chamber. A live shell popped out.

If my parents hadn't warned me and if a friend had come to visit on a Friday night..... Things could've turned out differently.

You're right. Now might be the proper time for all of us to do a check on our own houses and under what conditions guns and ammunition are stored. It's also a good idea to speak to kids about gun safety. It might not do any good, but then again -- it might.

I NEVER told anyone before about when I was a kid and I was -- playing with a real gun. I knew better, but the gun was empty, right? A little voice -- probably from my parents warning me -- told me to check for a shell in the chamber. A live shell popped out.

If my parents hadn't warned me and if a friend had come to visit on a Friday night..... Things could've turned out differently.

Very well said.

Good job, Webby!

And good job pcom!

This is what the forum is all about.

Notice that the info was on pcom at 9:08, only a couple of minutes after it first came out on the scanner. No one can touch the kind of Just-in-Time News & Information like pcom has. No one.

Prayers for the teen, the family & all involved.

Good job, Webby!

And good job pcom!

This is what the forum is all about.

Notice that the info was on pcom at 9:08, only a couple of minutes after it first came out on the scanner. No one can touch the kind of Just-in-Time News & Information like pcom has. No one.

Prayers for the teen, the family & all involved.

Yep. Pcom ROCKS!!

The info from Sheriff Harris was very much appreciated! Does Paulding Co Sheriff's Office have a Public Information Officer, if not can we get one? Meaning, someone to give us information when something like this happens. In case the Sheriff can't be reached.