• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 editor

editor

• Mayberry Sheriff
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:48 PM

It's 3 p.m. at the Huddle House on the old highway. And it's August in Georgia, too. Just about anything brown and hot is welcome first thing in the morning, but a cup of coffee that tastes good on a hot summer afternoon is a serious achievement on somebody's part. Way to go, Huddlers!

Other consistently good cups of coffee turn up in the places where they're needed most: Dunkin Donuts, IHOP, etc. Krystal used to serve a good cup of coffee in a good cup, that is, a real heavy china cup, not a Styrofoam throwaway. Sadly, that was decades ago. Packaging and presentation make a difference, as in so many areas of life.

Where's your best coffee lately?

#2 jabbbb2000

jabbbb2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 05:30 AM

I probably drink more coffee at the Atlanta Bread Company on 278 than at any other place. I like to mix their Seattle Roast with their Vanilla coffee to come up with an outstanding cup. Sometimes I am in there at 7 a.m. and sometimes at 3 p.m. and it is always good. Maybe it's not actually the coffee that is so great, but the conversation I share with not only friends but many of the employees that are also very friendly.

#3 bevwilder

bevwilder

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 11:13 AM

For flavor IHOP on 278 has a great cup of coffee. But when the hour is late as it usally is when I have time to sit and enjoy a cup after a hectic day of work and evening of meetings Huddle House in Dallas gets my vote.

BEV
BEV

#4 cherokeewoman

cherokeewoman

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:11 AM

Are any of you coffee experts police/ county sheriff?

#5 james_mills

james_mills

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 12:57 PM

Has anyone tried the coffee at Higher Grounds Cafe? I heard it was pretty good too. But my all time favorite is Dunkin' Donuts Coffee.
James M. Mills, Jr.
Cross Walk Chapel - Treasurer
Paulding Ruritan Club - Secretary/Treasurer
jmmills2@bellsouth.net
http://www.facebook....ames.m.mills.jr

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:4-7 (New International Version)

#6 bevwilder

bevwilder

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:59 AM

I stopped in Higher Grounds once and got a cup of capacino to go. It was good. The specailty coffees are so expensive I do not get them often. I treat myself maybe once in 6 or 8 weeks.

I have not yet tryed thier regular coffee. I saw they have snack type foods. Do they have meals too?

BEV
BEV

#7 tam

tam

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:02 AM

We do have meals - homemade soup - veg., pot, chicken noodle.
we have chicken fingers/ff - assortment of sandwiches.
But most of all, we have a warm friendly environment with LIVE music on
Friday/Saturday from 7-10:00p - We also teach guitar/and voice lessons.
www.highergroundsmusic.com
Teresa
TAM

#8 bevwilder

bevwilder

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:42 PM

We will have to check out the live music and dinner one night.

I saw the video on the board from your expo. Your sound was awsome. Would like to hear some more.

Bev
BEV

#9 tam

tam

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:56 AM

That would be great.... check out the website for upcoming events
www.highergroundsmusic.com
TAM