Paulding.com

Urgent: animal control dispatch to report of dead dog

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it say that the caller wasn't going to help? Just wondering if you heard something that wasn't posted.....

No further details were given to the A/C officer being dispatched - just to drive through both entrances in the Sweetwater Landing S/D.

I think the A/C officer is on her way now.

If the owners aren't there then what does it matter? And if they are the cops can handle then fine when they get there too.

I don't know, it was just a guess. I tried to search Paulding tax records to find the possible streets, but there isn't a Sweetwater Landing anything listed.

It would be Trusspassing..... One of those tricky Spots to be in.... I feel for the dogs. But it might not be the whole story... Also How does this person know the dog is dead if they did not go up to it?

I'm only posting as I hear it....

I'd take the chance tresspassing - the Law would be called and help would be there for the animals if needed.

Please note:

If the animals are taken off the property by someone other than AC they can be charged. If anyone goes out please just give the dog water. I know the first thing we all want to do is to take the dogs and make them comfortable but the general public can get in trouble by doing this.

This is sad! I wonder if the dog was attacked or something?> Why was it bloody?

no sweety, this dog wasn't bloody, the call before this one was injured.

that call came first, that's why AC couldn't get to this one right away.

no sweety, this dog wasn't bloody, the call before this one was injured.

that call came first, that's why AC couldn't get to this one right away.

This is correct - A/C was extended due to injured dog already on the truck being taken to vet care. Truck was also bloody due to this dog or another.

I'm only posting as I hear it....

I'd take the chance tresspassing - the Law would be called and help would be there for the animals if needed.

technically the police would laugh the owners back into their house.. there are cruelty to animal laws and that is what they are doing.. %@^*&(#*&()*&()^*^(*Y^&$%&^%&^$^%$&^T&^ :angry:

just for the record, I wouldn't have taken the dog away, just turned on a water hose and soaked it and given it water.

I know you would be covered - I hear you "pack heat."

will there be any way we will get an update on this animal or both if the other has survived?????

I'm sure one of the A/C volenteers can provide an update if I don't hear anything further.

I'm sure one of the A/C volenteers can provide an update if I don't hear anything further.

yep.

:)

I don't know, it was just a guess. I tried to search Paulding tax records to find the possible streets, but there isn't a Sweetwater Landing anything listed.

THE WEB-PAGE FOR THE PROPERTY TAX, IS RIDICULOUS!! YOU JUST ABOUT HAVE TO HAVE THE PROPERTY TAX BILL # TO GET ANYWHERE! :wacko: I CAN'T FIND A THING ON THERE, I WISH IT WAS LIKE THE DOUGLAS COUNTY TAX WEB-SITE!

report of dogs tied outside - one is already dead.

S/D Sweetwater Landing - no address given.

A/C officer has extended ETA due to injured dog being taken to vet & bloody truck.

How do we know the orginal caller to a/c has not tried to help? Or called and then went out to help? What if it's a little old lady calling who should not be in this heat either but wanted to help the animal in her neighbors yard???

Sorry just got mad seeing people talk bad about someone not helping, we don't know the whole story just a snipit.

Ok off soapbox.

How do we know the orginal caller to a/c has not tried to help? Or called and then went out to help? What if it's a little old lady calling who should not be in this heat either but wanted to help the animal in her neighbors yard???

Sorry just got mad seeing people talk bad about someone not helping, we don't know the whole story just a snipit.

Ok off soapbox.

:wub:

Ok off soapbox.

that is why I said If they were there, I would take back my angry face.... we don't know..

I called to ask:

here's the update:

A/C officer is in route - all they can do is look for dogs as no specific address was given.

wish her luck :wub:

Ok off soapbox.

If there are other circumstances they are normally relayed to the responding officer. i.e. "caller tried to help the dog, but dog tried to bite her...." What I took from the call and info relayed, the call was a simple FYI call - the address wasn't even provided. Even a little old lady next door or someone 'just passin' by' chould have provided an address.

More details - second officer being dispatched - first one has a flat tire. Officer Ed on the case.

Details relayed to Officer Ed - Info from Cherokee County - two puppies involved - one is already dead. no other info provided from the Cherokee call.

If you are in the area, please make a drive in this area to help A/C. They don't need to be spending a lot of time getting to the dog(s) and have other calls needing attention.

Ash is there and she sees Animal Control, Nobody is in the truck...........she is gonna try and ask them if they found the dogs or not

She found Ed and is gonna talk to him.............he is looking but hasn't seen anything yet either and neither has Ash

Edited by LisaG
Poor dogs, Sh*t if they are going to call they might as well have given the address, d*arses

the address was unknown.

I understand the concern and the level of anger over stupid people, I assure you, but this isn't a clear cut case of a d*arse caller.

Ed rocks! :wub: