23 replies to this topic

#1 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

Anyone have some simple recipes for the crock pot? I've got to get my shopping list together for next week and I want to do as many crock pot meals as possible to help keep the house cool.I've done the same thing for the past two weeks so I'm wearing out the few recipes I have,lol.

Posted Image

#2 InterestinglyBoring

InterestinglyBoring

Kristi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:46 AM

http://crockpotrecipes.com/See? Something to do and recipes!! They have a ton!!Here's another link.http://southernfood....ock/blcpidx.htm
Be happy!! Cheers!! And most of all, Be Safe!!! :)

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE...TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

#3 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,151 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

I buy the frozen stuff in the bag that goes into the crock pot.

The only other thing I cook in there is ribs. Get the big boneless country style pork ribs. Put 'em in the pot and cover them wif BBQ sauce. Let 'em cook all day, then 30 minutes before you want to eat, throw a cup or so of minute rice in their to soak up the juices. The meat will just fall apart and mix with the rice quite nicely!

#4 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (InterestinglyBoring @ Aug 9 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://crockpotrecipes.com/See? Something to do and recipes!! They have a ton!!Here's another link.http://southernfood....ock/blcpidx.htm

Thanks!
QUOTE (NumberCruncher @ Aug 9 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I buy the frozen stuff in the bag that goes into the crock pot.
The only other thing I cook in there is ribs. Get the big boneless country style pork ribs. Put 'em in the pot and cover them wif BBQ sauce. Let 'em cook all day, then 30 minutes before you want to eat, throw a cup or so of minute rice in their to soak up the juices. The meat will just fall apart and mix with the rice quite nicely!

OOOOOHH,that sounds yummy!

Posted Image

#5 Raider Mom

Raider Mom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

Hey share the ones you have been using. I made chili for Frito salad last week in mine.
My 2 favorite people call me Grandma and the other 3 call me Mom.

#6 InterestinglyBoring

InterestinglyBoring

Kristi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

I think the second link was a little better. blush.gif That's usually how I get recipes, I type in what I'm cooking, then look at each recipe and end up mixing about 2 or 3 of them together that have the ingredients that I either have on hand or that I like. :)Here's my search page....There are a lot of recipes online for crockpots. http://search.yahoo.... ...ss&ei=UTF-8

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE...TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

#7 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Raider Mom @ Aug 9 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey share the ones you have been using. I made chili for Frito salad last week in mine.

I did chili also,but our favorite is to cook or pork roast on high for about 8 hrs,shred it (of course at that point it just falls apart!) pour in a large can of tomato sauce or two,according to how saucy you want it,and a pack of McCormicks slow cooker bbq pulled pork seasoning and put it on high for about 30 mins.It's SOOOO GOOOOD!

Posted Image

#8 InterestinglyBoring

InterestinglyBoring

Kristi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (MrsApple @ Aug 9 2007, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did chili also,but our favorite is to cook or pork roast on high for about 8 hrs,shred it (of course at that point it just falls apart!) pour in a large can of tomato sauce or two,according to how saucy you want it,and a pack of McCormicks slow cooker bbq pulled pork seasoning and put it on high for about 30 mins.It's SOOOO GOOOOD!

Now that sounds really good!! I was just thinking the other day that I would like to have a good recipe for pulled pork. What sort of pork roast do you use? I make kalua pig and cabbage out of pork butt and it shreds nice.

#9 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

My mom bought me a nifty little book for Easter called 101 Things to Do with A SlowCooker. I LOVE it:
http://search.barnes...c...53174&itm=1

Another one that's well worth it's money is The Busy Woman's Cookbook. Everything in it is delicious, and only takes 4-5 ingredients. They have a slow-cooker version of it too.

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#10 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (InterestinglyBoring @ Aug 9 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that sounds really good!! I was just thinking the other day that I would like to have a good recipe for pulled pork. What sort of pork roast do you use? I make kalua pig and cabbage out of pork butt and it shreds nice.

I think we just use the pork loin.OMG.After 8 hrs it is sooo tender and tastes just like a good BBQ restaurant pulled pork sandwich!

Posted Image

#11 InterestinglyBoring

InterestinglyBoring

Kristi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (MrsApple @ Aug 9 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we just use the pork loin.OMG.After 8 hrs it is sooo tender and tastes just like a good BBQ restaurant pulled pork sandwich!

Definitely going on my menu for next week!! biggrin.gif

#12 Being Beachy

Being Beachy

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

I like making taco soup!
There are a ton of different recipes out there for it. Here is a link to one: http://www.thatsmyho...oker/tacoso.htm
You can add and take away ingredients that you may or may not like! I don't use chili beans, but use lots of onions and add bell peppers!
Stop Contributing to Crazy!

#13 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (lilgallowsmama @ Aug 9 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mom bought me a nifty little book for Easter called 101 Things to Do with A SlowCooker. I LOVE it:
Another one that's well worth it's money is The Busy Woman's Cookbook. Everything in it is delicious, and only takes 4-5 ingredients. They have a slow-cooker version of it too.

I actually had the 101 Things to do with a crock pot book,and now I don't have a CLUE where it is,lol.

QUOTE (Being Beachy @ Aug 9 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like making taco soup!
There are a ton of different recipes out there for it. Here is a link to one: http://www.thatsmyho...oker/tacoso.htm
You can add and take away ingredients that you may or may not like! I don't use chili beans, but use lots of onions and add bell peppers!

I'm going to check it out now!

Posted Image

#14 Cuteyellowbug

Cuteyellowbug

Textually Active

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,422 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

This is one of my favs, it's sweet.

INGREDIENTS
1 (2.5 pound) boneless rolled pork loin roast
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS
Place pork roast in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.

#15 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

I don't even own one let alone know how to use one tongue.gif

To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE
Hey Look...gallery_1715_285_2412.gif

med_gallery_1715_534_313548.jpg

#16 GO*BAMA

GO*BAMA

In War, Everday is Memorial Day! SEMPER FI!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:39 AM

BettyCrocker.Com has some great crockpot reciepes (the beef stroganoff is the best). They also have a really simple chicken pot pie receipe that you make the cornbread mix, put it in the bottom of the cassarole dish, then mix cream of chicken w/mroom or whatever cream of soup you like, canned chicken, and the birds eye frozen veggies in bowl and pour it on top of the cornbread mix- put it the oven on 325 till the cornbread rises and is done.
What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
Sometimes love has to drive a nail into it's on hand!

Posted Image Posted Image In honor of my cuz who's serving in Iraq! [size=1][color="#4169E1"]

#17 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Cuteyellowbug @ Aug 9 2007, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one of my favs, it's sweet.

INGREDIENTS
1 (2.5 pound) boneless rolled pork loin roast
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS
Place pork roast in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.

That sounds good!I'm going to try it.
QUOTE (GOBAMA @ Aug 9 2007, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BettyCrocker.Com has some great crockpot reciepes (the beef stroganoff is the best). They also have a really simple chicken pot pie receipe that you make the cornbread mix, put it in the bottom of the cassarole dish, then mix cream of chicken w/mroom or whatever cream of soup you like, canned chicken, and the birds eye frozen veggies in bowl and pour it on top of the cornbread mix- put it the oven on 325 till the cornbread rises and is done.

Yum!

Posted Image

#18 Dstewart

Dstewart

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Being Beachy @ Aug 9 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like making taco soup!

thats a good website I copied some recipes can't wait to try them

#19 just4me

just4me

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

I think I'll go home and dust off my crock pot. It is a great thing to have when the weather gets as hot as it is now. I even put it out on my deck because even the pot heats up my kitchen!

Sorry I don't have any recipes to offer, other than corned beef and cabbage which is pretty much self-explanatory, except I use beer to stew it in instead of water/broth.

#20 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,192 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Caped Crusader @ Aug 9 2007, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even own one let alone know how to use one tongue.gif

Don't be skeered, it doesnt have a pilot light... ph34r.gif

#21 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Its MR Sarcastic To You @ Aug 9 2007, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't be skeered, it doesnt have a pilot light... ph34r.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#22 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,340 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

I found this awesome book of crock pot recipes in a thrift store a few weeks ago...

It has every recipe ever imagined for the crock pot, even cakes and breads ! Highly recommend... wink.gif

Crock Pot Cookery by Mable Hoffman

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#23 Countrychic

Countrychic

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:12 PM

Kraft Foods Crock Pot Recipes

Try this one. I use this web site all the time and we get the free magazine at home. They have great recipes. The Strawberry Cake is awesome !
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

Thanks everybody.I think now I have enough recipes for a few more weeks of crock pot use,lol.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics